Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelis
I'm catholic but I dont read the bible, but I try to follow and 10 commandments all that.
It's good that you try to follow the 10 commandments but there is a lot more to the Bible than that. We can't be saved by following them because none of us can follow them completely and they weren't given for that purpose anyway. Paul says in Romans 3:21, "By works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."

Jesus died and was raised from the dead to atone for our sins so we can be forgiven. When we realize that we are sinners we need to turn to him. I suggest that you begin reading the gospels in order to find out what Jesus did and how we can be forgiven. Perhaps you should begin with the gospel of John because it was written to show how to receive eternal life.

Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
John 20:30,31 ESV
Old 23-09-2017, 07:25 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelis
Yeah sorry for being an idiot. Im still young and easily influenced, you hear news about the world ending and it relates to your religion and then you start to genuinely fear about the wellbeings about your family and your self.

I'm catholic but I dont read the bible, but I try to follow and 10 commandments all that.

Sorry to hear this-The religion that came out of Rome is not the religion Jesus started. They brought in--statues, icons, graven images into their churches and homes--totally condemned by Gods written word. The biggest problem for most--like you said--you don't know what the bible teaches. Not one, that doesn't learn and obey every teaching Jesus gave to us will enter Gods kingdom. He taught--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT--over and over, one still learns new points. Not one church on earth accomplishes that will of God--They teach dogmas.
Old 25-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Experiencer

The news media's interest in September 23rd, 2017 as being a possible date for the end of the world has been brought about largely because of David Meade's book(s). He's one for believing Planet X could be the " red dragon " spoke of in Revelation 12.

Some Christians believed this date could be the date of rapture, and the start of the seven year tribulation.

No one really knows, however, many have formed an opinion of what they think will happen.

When you look at bible prophecy and take into account what has been going on in the world the past 100 years, ( give or take ), if you believe in the Second Coming ( Jesus coming back for his church ), and, if you are a Christian you know the core belief is believing that Jesus is the Son of God, suffered and died for humanities sins, and rose from the dead ( resurrection ), ascended into heaven, and before he did he told his disciples he would return ( Second Coming )

So, as Christians, we believe He's coming back for us. We just don't know when He will, but, we are given ' sign 's and prophecy of events that are to occur, before His return happens.

Luke 21 verses 7-36, kinda sums it up in a nutshell as to what we on earth are in for. And, if you understand it, you will feel it could happen within the next few years.

I don't think you could really pick a day or hour, and we are told we can't, but, we are given plenty to know the season.

We live in interesting times, don't we?
Old 25-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
It's good that you try to follow the 10 commandments but there is a lot more to the Bible than that. We can't be saved by following them because none of us can follow them completely and they weren't given for that purpose anyway. Paul says in Romans 3:21, "By works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."

Jesus died and was raised from the dead to atone for our sins so we can be forgiven. When we realize that we are sinners we need to turn to him. I suggest that you begin reading the gospels in order to find out what Jesus did and how we can be forgiven. Perhaps you should begin with the gospel of John because it was written to show how to receive eternal life.

Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
John 20:30,31 ESV
Just curious, erm yeah which of the commandments are you having trouble with keeping completely?
Was it Paul that also said "it's not the hearers of the law that are justified but the doers of the law that are justified"? I would likely expect bible verse versus bible verse when the word law is mentioned but it only comes down to the use of it by Paul. One needs to realise that the word law in the so called NT doesn't necessarily mean the Torah especially when Jeremiah 8:8 is firmly in one's mind after all Paul did say "we are to uphold it".
Old 25-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Sorry to hear this-The religion that came out of Rome is not the religion Jesus started. They brought in--statues, icons, graven images into their churches and homes--totally condemned by Gods written word. The biggest problem for most--like you said--you don't know what the bible teaches. Not one, that doesn't learn and obey every teaching Jesus gave to us will enter Gods kingdom. He taught--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT--over and over, one still learns new points. Not one church on earth accomplishes that will of God--They teach dogmas.
Yeah so when did God utter the grand spanking shiny new weekly sabbath? Yaknow the one, the one your people keep just like the one that Rome keeps that you tend to habitually run down. Hypocritically I will add.
Old 25-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
The news media's interest in September 23rd, 2017 as being a possible date for the end of the world has been brought about largely because of David Meade's book(s). He's one for believing Planet X could be the " red dragon " spoke of in Revelation 12.

Some Christians believed this date could be the date of rapture, and the start of the seven year tribulation.

No one really knows, however, many have formed an opinion of what they think will happen.

When you look at bible prophecy and take into account what has been going on in the world the past 100 years, ( give or take ), if you believe in the Second Coming ( Jesus coming back for his church ), and, if you are a Christian you know the core belief is believing that Jesus is the Son of God, suffered and died for humanities sins, and rose from the dead ( resurrection ), ascended into heaven, and before he did he told his disciples he would return ( Second Coming )

So, as Christians, we believe He's coming back for us. We just don't know when He will, but, we are given ' sign 's and prophecy of events that are to occur, before His return happens.

Luke 21 verses 7-36, kinda sums it up in a nutshell as to what we on earth are in for. And, if you understand it, you will feel it could happen within the next few years.

I don't think you could really pick a day or hour, and we are told we can't, but, we are given plenty to know the season.

We live in interesting times, don't we?
Interesting times indeed, unsure if you've done this already but I thought lining these up would help understand.
MATTHEW 24

MARK 13

LUKE 21
You could use the science of the philosophy of tacet knowledge to help understand this which basically means, you have a speaker and a receiver and a message. The speaker speaks his/her message but the receiver may or may not receive it in the same way the speaker gave it. It can get a lot worse when people thousands of years later read it being played out in a language not of biblical times. Or you could use hermeneutics to better understand in which case Christians of today will say that he(Yeshua) was talking to Christian(Kind of). This can be so but originally he was talking to Jewish people and sure in these interesting times they can be Christian. At the time this was spoken it was spoken to people that kept the same commandments and laws that he did.
Btw the worst of the tribulations has already happened and speaking of the abomination that causes desolation spoken of by Daniel we just need to look at that place called Israel and see the trinity of religions standing where they ought not. Still being trodden under foot by Gentiles and how many armies has encompassed her? Just saying my bit.
Old 25-09-2017, 07:35 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Yeah so when did God utter the grand spanking shiny new weekly sabbath? Yaknow the one, the one your people keep just like the one that Rome keeps that you tend to habitually run down. Hypocritically I will add.

The apostles picked wheat to eat on the Jewish Sabbath( forbidden under Jewish Sabbath law)--The Jewish leaders condemned it--Jesus did not. Proof you don't know what you are talking about.
Old 25-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
The apostles picked wheat to eat on the Jewish Sabbath( forbidden under Jewish Sabbath law)--The Jewish leaders condemned it--Jesus did not. Proof you don't know what you are talking about.
Funny thing under Rabbinical/Pharisaic traditions as in man made laws(like an unbiblical sabbath) is that they determine what is and what is not to be done on the Sabbath keeping in mind Jeremiah 8:8 which is what Yeshua came to do away with and not to do away with the core commandments. That would be stupid. That's why Yeshua didn't do away with the core Commandments. Here's the thing and depending on which sect of Rabbinical Judaism you adhere to(JW included). If you happen to be on a ship on the Sabbath and a fellow human being ends up over board you are not allowed to reach for a life saver to throw it to him to save his/her life for that would be working on the Sabbath. This is so foolish because the captain of the ship is working on the Sabbath. But hey your Jesus would do away with the weekly Sabbath that God uttered from his mouth because it would make the commandments of God of none effect. I'm guessing your unbiblical weekly sabbath makes the biblical weekly sabbath of none effect in the same way the biblical hypocrites did. Hey thanks for finding where God UTTERED the grand spanking shiny new Sabbath.
Old 25-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Suspended
Quote:

If I'm God Jehovah, I'll say it's necessary to do for just that small work. And he'll not say the hunger can't eat. That's a common sense will ask you to agree what should be done or what shouldn't be done at Sabbath.
Old 26-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Just curious, erm yeah which of the commandments are you having trouble with keeping completely?
Was it Paul that also said "it's not the hearers of the law that are justified but the doers of the law that are justified"? I would likely expect bible verse versus bible verse when the word law is mentioned but it only comes down to the use of it by Paul. One needs to realise that the word law in the so called NT doesn't necessarily mean the Torah especially when Jeremiah 8:8 is firmly in one's mind after all Paul did say "we are to uphold it".
As you say, the law means more than just the 10 commandments. We are all born with an innate sense of right and wrong so even those who have never heard of the Bible are without excuse when they sin. Some have more knowledge of the law than others, but all of us have failed to live up completely to what we know is right and so we will all be condemned by God if we depend on what we have done for salvation. Paul shows this in the first two chapters of Romans and in the first 20 verses of chapter three. Then, beginning in Romans 3:21 he shows that justification is possible only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus lived without sin and so he is qualified to atone for our sins by his death. The fact that he is God as well as man means that he can atone for the sins of the entire human race. The only way anyone can be saved is by repenting of his sins and placing his faith in Christ. If you want more information about this I suggest you click on this link: https://carm.org/answers-for-seekers