Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 25-10-2017, 02:58 AM
Master
Fluorite?

Hi everyone.

I am interested in purchasing a couple Fluorite wands. I asked my father what he thought and he took a look at the item I am interested in, he seems to think over time Fluorite will dissolve in water (This is no big concern to me, I will keep it dry, and dry dust to clean, smudge to cleanse) and thought they were neat- I think- other than that.

My question is have any of you had experiences with fluorite? Has anyone here used it before? Anyone have any thoughts on it, and is there anything I should know about it?

Thanks for reading, if anyone could shed a little more light on this for me I would be grateful.

Thank you.
Old 25-10-2017, 03:35 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its one I have used not as a wand but I have a necklace. Like all crystals it does need care and attentions as it is more fragile.

Fluorite

Fluorite belongs to the spar family, as all other family members; fluorite can be separated into flakes. According to folklore, it is the home of the rainbows.

Mystical Properties:

Fluorite helps to ground excessive energy, particularly mental, emotional and nervous energy. It is a powerful healer; it affects all the chakras as well as mental attitudes. It is excellent for use in cleansing the aura...it is known to ride the aura of cording (unwanted attached energy lines from other people).
Fluorite aids in channeling as well, excellent for connecting with the Akashic records for answer to your past lives.

Healing Properties:

Fluorite may be used with other stones. It helps to open the way for the power of other stones to be effective. It can be used as a meditation stone to help energize the body and raise the power of concentration.

Magical Properties: Healing
Energy: Projective
Element: Note Noted
Powers: Mental Powers
Zodiac: Scorpio, Aquarius and Pisces
Chakra Classification: Third Eye Chakra
Old 25-10-2017, 04:41 AM
Pathfinder
Hello
Fluorite is wonderful, and its pretty much one of those "catch all" crystals,
meaning people find many varied uses for it... I was looking for crystals in
my bathroom... Wanted to decorate the "vanity" over the toilet. I tried many other crystals, Quartz was the worst... had a profound effect on people "using" the "facilities" that was not pleasant
I finally went with Fluorite (obelisks, tumbles and a pyramid) and its wonderful! Do some of my best thinking in there now
Anyway, practical advice; Yes fluorite is a little more fragile than other crystals, it tends to chip easily (when worked into forms). It also tends to "fade" when exposed to direct sunlight over a period of time.. I've never known it to dissolve or shrink away in water... selenite will though. I do find it really does help to transform "negative" energies in an environment (that's why it really works in a bathroom!) I do not have any experience using it for negative entities, but general stressful or discordant energies it balances pretty well.
Old 25-10-2017, 04:46 AM
Master
Hi Lynn.

Thank you for your informative response.

By wand I mean they are wand shaped, they are very small about 4cm.

I am in hopes he (my father) will order me two of them or a few. They are not too expensive the ones I have found.

The main use I would like is an attempt to use one in a container pendulum, I plan to use a small Jar Candle- easily attained at the local dollar store, I plan to light the candle itself once- in prayer- remove the wax candle from the jar, use the jar as a container pendulum to carry the fluorite, use flower wire- gold or red, to make a solid setting for the Jar, and then the difficult part- the chain- or string. I'd prefer a chain, or ribbon- ribbon should in fact be easily attainable.

Any extras could be used to adorn, wands, staffs, talking sticks etc.

My own wand has a couple earthen look regular plain stones attached- nothing special, but plain and simple.

My aim is too see how these crystals work as a pendulum, however if I attain more than one, I may actually keep one or two loose, as they are for meditative work, or 3rd eye work, rather than attach to any of my ritual items. Currently my home made talking stick and staff do not have an area for placement that I feel drawn to.

My main reason for purchasing is I need to start up my stone, gem collection again. The previous stones I had went to my young niece for a school show and tell like session. I instructed her to keep them. I am inclined to believe she has lost them already, haha.

Thank you for the information. It is very helpful. Glad to hear it works well with other stones as well.

Blessings.
Old 25-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedoflight
Hello
Fluorite is wonderful, and its pretty much one of those "catch all" crystals,
meaning people find many varied uses for it... I was looking for crystals in
my bathroom... Wanted to decorate the "vanity" over the toilet. I tried many other crystals, Quartz was the worst... had a profound effect on people "using" the "facilities" that was not pleasant
I finally went with Fluorite (obelisks, tumbles and a pyramid) and its wonderful! Do some of my best thinking in there now
Anyway, practical advice; Yes fluorite is a little more fragile than other crystals, it tends to chip easily (when worked into forms). It also tends to "fade" when exposed to direct sunlight over a period of time.. I've never known it to dissolve or shrink away in water... selenite will though. I do find it really does help to transform "negative" energies in an environment (that's why it really works in a bathroom!) I do not have any experience using it for negative entities, but general stressful or discordant energies it balances pretty well.

Hi, Thanks!

What a great idea for your vanity. Yes I've read many use it for a lot of decorative purposes, and as it is a softer stone there are artists who carve into it I read. I will not be trying that at all anytime soon however, I have never carved stone before, I am actually starting wood carving, and that is trying enough.

What really interested me in it, and the reason I think my father seemed a little more agreeable with it, is it is I read used in lenses of some microscopes and telescopes. My father loves telescopes and is an avid reader of astronomy books and such. I suppose he found it interesting in accordance with that. He said it was pretty cool.

Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.