Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant
Shadow people are primarily, dead human spirits in hell. The are liken, lying, deceiving devils and in need of divine salvation of their souls. This can be done by offering up good works as atonement for their sins to Christ. Who, upon accepting the offering, will restore their souls with His divine powers, so that they can be with God, the angels, family and friends in heaven. This is a most loving thing to do for these people.

How do you know all what you have posted above is the truth ?
Old 16-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessy
If it would be true that they could be saved it would be the same way we can be saved,
believing on Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross.
Then there must be a way for them to still hear the gospel.

However how can there be hope in hell and it still be hell (hell is deprived of all that is good from God, and hope is of God)?
They failed to have faith in Christ in their lifetimes. The blood of Christ, although opening the doors of death and heaven, does not cover the unfaithful dead in the afterlife. Atonement (good works) must be offered up to Christ for the forgiveness of their sins. This practice was often done in the old testament. It completes Christ's redemptive work of salvation. To think otherwise, is to cut short the work of Christ.
Old 16-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How do you know all what you have posted above is the truth ?
Personal experience with the dead, divine revelations from Christ, and Holy Scripture. I do know it to be true.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:24 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
They failed to have faith in Christ in their lifetimes. The blood of Christ, although opening the doors of death and heaven, does not cover the unfaithful dead in the afterlife. Atonement (good works) must be offered up to Christ for the forgiveness of their sins. This practice was often done in the old testament. It completes Christ's redemptive work of salvation. To think otherwise, is to cut short the work of Christ.

Show me from Scripture where you get to the concept that Atonement can come through man's good works.

See Isaiah 64:6

Holman Christian Standard Bible
All of us have become like something unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a polluted garment; all of us wither like a leaf, and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.

I would rather say that to put hope in any man or man's good acts is to cut short the redemptive work of Christ.

The Old Testament sacrifices for atonement were shadow types pointing to Christ Jesus's perfect offer as the real Lamb of God and since the prophetic shadow types were fulfilled, all we need now is Jesus Christ Himself.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:57 AM
Pathfinder

Revelations 1:18. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Amen, Jesus died and went to hell and preached to the captives and rose again defeating death hell and the grave.

1 Peter 4:6. For this reason the gospel was preached also to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in spirit.

Philippians 2:10. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Amen, who are under the earth, is it not the hollow earth people?

John 5:25. Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

Yes that came, but we were all dead in our sin, and Jesus brought life to those who heard His call.

Zechariah 9:11. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.

As for you also, because of the blood of My covenant with you [My chosen people, the covenant that was sealed with blood] I have freed your prisoners from the waterless pit. Return to the stronghold [of security and prosperity], O prisoners who have the hope; Even today I am declaring that I will restore double [your former prosperity] to you [as firstborn among nations]. For I will bend Judah as My bow, I will fit the bow with Ephraim [as My arrow]. And I will stir up your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Greece, And will make you [Israel] like the sword of a warrior.
ZECHARIAH 9:11‭-‬13 AMP
http://bible.com/1588/zec.9.11-13.AMP

He was speaking about people in prison that were still alive, see the context

Psalm 23:4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

See the context

Even though I walk through the [sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort and console me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You have anointed and refreshed my head with oil; My cup overflows.
PSALM 23:4‭-‬5 AMP
http://bible.com/1588/psa.23.4-5.AMP

1 Corinthians 1:18. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

People in darkness are perishing, even when physically slive

Leviticus 19:31. Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them; I am the Lord your God.

Remember, atonement can also be made for our friends and loved ones in hell.

1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

Amen, we need Him for always
Old 17-07-2017, 05:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Personal experience with the dead, divine revelations from Christ, and Holy Scripture. I do know it to be true.

It may be true to you but not to others
Old 17-07-2017, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It may be true to you but not to others
Exactly! and don't even get me started on Psalm 23 because you will never hear the end of my interpretation about what "rod" and "staff" is and anointing one's head with oil until the cup overflows. Think kundalini.
Old 17-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Master
However sky, you are a Buddhist, I am a Hindu and we are in a Christian forum, so it is not our place here to say. I had a similar experience when those from other faiths came into the Hindu forum and proceeded to tell me I was wrong until I reminded them of where they were.
Old 17-07-2017, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
However sky, you are a Buddhist, I am a Hindu and we are in a Christian forum, so it is not our place here to say. I had a similar experience when those from other faiths came into the Hindu forum and proceeded to tell me I was wrong until I reminded them of where they were.

Ah, but, I am not saying it is wrong just that it is not true for all
Old 17-07-2017, 06:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Exactly! and don't even get me started on Psalm 23 because you will never hear the end of my interpretation about what "rod" and "staff" is and anointing one's head with oil until the cup overflows. Think kundalini.

I am open to all interpretations Necro, so lets hear it