Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Knower
Hidden Buddha - Christ and the Bodhisattva

BUDH means to awaken and Maya is Illusion. Maya is the mother of Buddha in the story of Buddha. To see this from the Christian narrative, which is the same, read Colossians 1.

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

What is this parallel to in Sanskrit?

Purusha

Purusha (Sanskrit puruṣa, पुरुष) is a complex concept whose meaning evolved in Vedic and Upanishadic times. Depending on source and historical timeline, it means the cosmic man or Self, Consciousness, and Universal principle. In early Vedas, Purusa meant a cosmic man whose sacrifice by the gods created all life. This was one of many creation theories discussed in the Vedas. The idea parallels Norse Ymir, with the myth's origin in Proto-Indo-European religion.

The Hebrew perspective is the Masculine (Father) perspective, while the Sanskrit definitions are Feminine (Spirit / Great Mother). Each of these are outlined in Genesis 1 by the union of Elohim and Ruach Elohim (God's Spirit / Mind). Ruach is feminine. Strength (Aleph) and Compassion are Fire and Water / Yin and Yang. This is the uniting process (yoga) for making named things (perdication of Tao 1) from Absolute (unnamed). In the verse above, the invisible God is the unnamed God of Absolute / Unmanifest.

In Hebrew, the Aleph is the OX. In buddhism, the path to strength is from Tamas to Sattva, using Rajas as the means. This path is the parallel to the 10 OX herding pictures, personified by the OX (Strength) of the person being developed. The same is true in Hebrew. Aleph Mem Tav is truth, or Strong Water Mark. In Sanskrit, the Letter A (Aleph) is the beginning of the universe. It is the single letter making all others. In Hebrew, the same with one exception. Bet starts out the scriptures in Genesis, or the word house. Aleph Bet is the Strong house, or the word Father in Hebrew.

In the story of Buddha, Prince siddhartha must choose to be a Warrior or a Sage. He chooses to be a Sage, then promises to return to conquer the illusion, bringing enlightenment to all suffering beings. This is the nature of a Bodhisattva. In the Christian narrative, Christ conqueres death and the grave at the cross (entropy / rebirth), promising to return for his Assembly (Chruch). The Hebrews thought King David would be the returning Messiah as a warrior. Instead, he came as a baby in the womb of his Mother. In the Buddha story, the same wish for the young prince was true. Instead, he came as a Sage, leaving his Father's House and Palace (symbolism for heaven) to minister to suffering humanity. He says, "You must be born again." Rebirth is the process to awaken. For the Buddhist, this is entering the stream to rise to new life. Sattva is the original face of being / truth. We rise back from Rajas and Tamas, or passion (time) and Ignroance (form).

Prajapati, the other wife of the King, means "Lord of People." BUDH means to awaken to the Truth (Sattva / Being). Yama in Sanskrit means, "Self-Control." Yama is the ruler of the underworld. In Hebrew, Yama is another name for Yahweh, who was the ruler of the underworld. In both stories, Yama / Yahweh had these requirements. I will use Sanskrit terms for meanings, but the same fulfillment occurred in the story of Christ.

Yoga Sutras 2: 29. Self-restraints [yama], fixed observances [niyama], posture [asana], regulation of breath [pranayama], abstraction [pratyahara], concentration [dharana], contemplation [dhyana], trance [samadhi] are the eight parts (of the self-discipline of Yoga).

Yoga Sutras 2: 30. Vows of self-restraint [yama] comprise abstention from violence [ahimsa], falsehood [satya], theft [asteya], incontinence [brahmacharya] and acquisitiveness [aparigraha].

Non-injury: The first precept of Yama

Truthfulness: The second precept of Yama

Non-stealing: The third precept of Yama

Continence: The fourth precept of Yama

Non-greed: The fifth precept of Yama

In Hebrew, Yama means 'Head West.' For the Buddhist of Zen, this is Bodhidharma heading from India (West) to China (East). Two became one. As I stated earlier, Hebrew is Male and Sanskrit is Female. Make two into one and you find the birth of a Son. Yoga is Union. In Sanskrit, Manu is the Primal Man, or the meaning, "To Think." While India went East, Hebrews have traveled to the Gentiles (West). Still, this is Yama, or Self-Control. This is the essence of the original Light of the Hindus. MADHU is refinement of light and darkness.

MADHU - "Skt. in the mythology of the Puranas, the personifications of darkness , one of the two primal forces that emerged from the primal chaos as "firstborn"; the personification of the other primal force, that of light, was Brahma (Abraham). These two divinities were among the most important DEVAS of Vedic period. They fought each other constantly, but neither was able to destroy the other (See Abraxas). In later Hindu cosmology, Madhu was slain by Vishnu in his manifestation as Krishna (Christ), and Brahma became one element in Hindu trinity (Trimurti)." Shambhala Encyclopedia

Think on these terms and put the parallels together. Juxtapose Yama and Yahweh as the Sub-conscience (underworld) of the mind. Satan was made cunning by Yahweh in Genesis 3:1. Satan is said to be the accuser (conscience) as a ruler, power, throne and authority in the Son (see the verse above from Colossians). We now have Manu (to think / consciousness), Yama as the sub-conscience and Satan as the Conscience. Maya is the illusion, or Mother of BUDH. Prajapati means Lord of People, or the other Mother to BUDH, which is not his birth mother. Mind is the Buddha and awakening to Truth (Sattva) is the point of the illusion.

Netflix has a new show called simply, BUDDHA. I suggest watching the first episode with these terms in mind. From this, look up the term Yidam.

YIDAM - Illusory object of veneration - MAYA!

Yidam is a type of deity associated with tantric or Vajrayana Buddhism said to be manifestations of Buddhahood or enlightened mind. During personal meditation (sādhana) practice, the yogi identifies their own form, attributes and mind with those of a yidam for the purpose of transformation.[1] Yidam is sometimes translated by the terms "meditational deity" or "tutelary deity". Examples of yidams include the meditation deities Chakrasamvara, Kalachakra, Hevajra, Yamantaka, and Vajrayogini, all of whom have a distinctive iconography, mandala, mantra, rites of invocation and practice.

In Hebrew, the word Father is Aleph Bet, or letters. WORD is the Son, or light dispelling darkness (BUDH). As we all know, the human form is Seed (DNA) as letters entering the Mother (MIND as Symbolism). WORD is the programmer of Maya. Creation is a hologram of law and light. We are programmed. Maya is the illusion of mind into matter for one purpose. Awaken to the Light (BUDH). Become your destiny from the illusion of words and letters. The Illusion is Allusion. Think on this.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

MAYA is our mother, or Hologram of light. Darkness is dispelled.

Fiat Lux! Love your relatives (e=mc2). Christ is the relative Prime. Manu is what you are, or the purpose of Meditation (to think). All scriptures are illusion of Word and Letter. YOU are the Living Word. We all are. The traditions are only Yidams. While Maya gave birth to the Buddha, Prajapati is the Mother of the process, or Ishvara Prime (mind), making the ishvara in each person the process to master the mind from practice (meditation). Think on this.

YOU are the Truth (Being). It's time to awaken.

Last edited by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday : 26-06-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 26-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
One scene in the Buddha series was especially memorable to me. Siddarth friend was dying and he went to visit him. He asked him to close his eyes and repeat and meditate on his words. His words were "you are not your feet, you are not your arms, you are not your body, you are not consciousness.....

Thinking back on that scene and all that's happened to me since, I see why he never said " you are" this or that.
I don't see us waking up to what what we are, I see waking up to the way things are. The impermanence of it all, the emptiness of it all and of you, the beauty in the fullness within that emptiness.
So for me, the statement You are the truth doesn't work these days.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 26-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
One scene in the Buddha series was especially memorable to me. Siddarth friend was dying and he went to visit him. He asked him to close his eyes and repeat and meditate on his words. His words were "you are not your feet, you are not your arms, you are not your body, you are not consciousness.....

Thinking back on that scene and all that's happened to me since, I see why he never said " you are" this or that.
I don't see us waking up to what what we are, I see waking up to the way things are. The impermanence of it all, the emptiness of it all and of you, the beauty in the fullness within that emptiness.
So for me, the statement You are the truth doesn't work these days.

I cover this in another thread, but the word Truth in Hebrew is Aleph Mem Tav, which means Strong Water Mark. I can't yet link, so go to my username, click on my threads, and read the one on the Sunday School lesson that cannot be taught. There, you see the purpose for our journey in the Buddha Body. The reason we wear this robe is for the specific purpose of gaining our strength to stand on our own. This is not answered in Buddhism, which leaves the questions of the other side of the gate unanswered on purpose. Part of growing into the answer is the journey to get there. It's ultimately the answer to the questions regarding emptiness, the perduring self and what comes next after we find the end of suffering for this self, mind and body.

This is the good news of the other side of the story. The mystery is unsolved at this time until all of humanity begins to awaken. Our identity is the first three verses of Genesis 2. We are the ones resting in the host to raise our Son (the cosmos). From Adam, all relatives born. We are family to the first parents engaging the image / Mara as expedient means to raise us to universal consciousness. How better than to allow us to be a mirror of the entire creation? While you are only a single self right now, the collective lessons learned from everyone becomes our new body and mind when all things are born again. Maya must remake the entire creation from simulation, thereby ending our lesson and starting a new timeline for the next assembly.

Practice here is for performance in the next Kingdom. The only lesson is learning compassion and love for others. Bodhi Sattva. Awakened to Truth, which is the Strong Water Mark of baptism, or immersion into the stream of life.
Old 26-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Master
I feel like I know you that much better after your last post lol.

Here’s the thing. I use to sense in me, when the thought of things like purpose or a soul came up, a pull from what seems to be a lower aspect of myself to grasp or cling to such ideas. Understandably so.

I see what you say about the good news of the afterlife as good news only to the ego.

I see the mystery, being a mystery, troublesome only to the ego as well.

I also see emptiness to be beyond perception and understanding except that it is this and it is the emptiness that is perception and understanding.

I mean no disrespect but I have nothing in me that wants to try and understand more deeply what you are saying in this last post. I get emptiness and it doesn't scare me anymore because I do get it.

Thank you for explaining though……

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 26-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
I feel like I know you that much better after your last post lol.

Here’s the thing. I use to sense in me, when the thought of things like purpose or a soul came up, a pull from what seems to be a lower aspect of myself to grasp or cling to such ideas. Understandably so.

I see what you say about the good news of the afterlife as good news only to the ego.

I see the mystery, being a mystery, troublesome only to the ego as well.

I also see emptiness to be beyond perception and understanding except that it is this and it is the emptiness that is perception and understanding.

I mean no disrespect but I have nothing in me that wants to try and understand more deeply what you are saying in this last post. I get emptiness and it doesn't scare me anymore because I do get it.

Thank you for explaining though……

So, if you follow your thought there with a few more questions, you might see past the emptiness. When Jesus came, he was expected to be a great military victor, overturning Rome and ruling from Earth as King of the Jews. Why did he change his mind? By changing his mind, I am pointing to verses such as this:

Isaiah 24

21 In that day the Lord will punish
the powers in the heavens above
and the kings on the earth below.
22 They will be herded together
like prisoners bound in a dungeon;
they will be shut up in prison
and be punished[a] after many days.
23 The moon will be dismayed,
the sun ashamed;
for the Lord Almighty will reign
on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
and before its elders—with great glory.

Look at what he was doing. He was saying he would make war on the heavens and rule from Jerusalem. In another place, his EGO comes out even more:

Isaiah 48

11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.

His own glory and not for anyone else. Here, he is the Mud Buffalo. He has not yet emerged into the waters of life (baptism) as a man. Once he does, he is the Water Buffalo. Once he reaches Sattva, he is the BodhiSattva, promising to return for his assembly. What changed his mind?

ZEN Three Buffalos

The buffalo’s head sprouts horns
As he emerges from the weeds (relatives),
In a dream, he tries to speak
Of the valley of the timeless spring.
Although he has bathed in the fragrant waters,
I hit, saying, “Not Good Enough!
How will you impart strength to others?”

In the desert temptation with Satan, he rejects his own kingdom rule. Instead, he chooses to die on the cross as a substitute for all mankind, forever ending the Karma associated with his former nature as Yama / Yahweh, Lord of the underworld. How? He overcame his old nature (Yahweh) and entered the stream (Baptism), returning as the Bodhisattva. Like Buddha, he made the choice to rule himself and not his follow hosts (now relatives). The Lord became a man, suffering as one of us. His eyes were opened to his own design in creation.

Humility now rules him, forever ending his ego. Does this end him? No. He was made new in the stream, which is his Father's design. For all Yama's laws, there is only one law from his Father-LOVE. By this, cause and effect (law) is ended. His own Karma came back to haunt him.

Here's is the reason for the cross.

Genesis 9

6 Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans his blood will be shed,
because in his image, Elohim made humans.
7 Be fertile, and increase in number. Spread over the earth, and increase.”

As a person knowledgeable about Buddhism, you know the difference between Absolute (both male and female) and a divided image into relative. Look at the reason Elohim stated this about the Son having his blood shed by humans. Because of his shedding of Adam's blood to divide his image into relative, he hung on a cross. Cause and effect. He willingly did this to bring our eventual image back into conformity. As the promise goes, he will return to amend for his fall as Adam. The cross is only a marker for this.

In Buddhism, enlightenment comes when the primordial light finally overcomes darkness. To do this, the Lord emptied himself out for us all. This is the mark of one who overcomes himself. Both stories are necessary for all to see the truth of BUDH, or awakening to Higher Nature.

I wouldn't suggest becoming a Christian, any more than Buddha was a Buddhist. He simply told the truth. There is no efficacy in rites and rituals. Simply know the truth and it sets you free -- liberation. Read the Dhammapada. Love is the only law. Awareness of the two stories is enough to know them as the same. No difference. The goal is this:

In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

500 years before Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:9 - However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--

Who is the Lord? All relatives to the absolute. It's all of mankind collectively.