Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The Bible was written by men. The Bible simply reflects the beliefs (the pathology) of the times it was written in. These are men who hammered others to crosses in order to let them die a miserable suffering death, let's get some perspective here lol.

Meanwhile, your "psychoanalyst" would ignore the behavior of humanity as a whole through history?
Of course.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 15-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Meanwhile, your "psychoanalyst" would ignore the behavior of humanity as a whole through history?
Of course.
Sassy brassy reply, but ultimately lacking in real honesty and thoughtful perspective. No we don't torture criminals anymore; make them suffer for hours as we put them to death. Just like we no longer sacrifice goats to appease the gods. Yes we have indeed advanced.
Old 15-05-2017, 11:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Saying that the Bible is just a product of her time is no excuse. Buddhism arose at the same time and is not full of religious intolerance like the Bible. Christians say that the Bible was written by God and God is, was and will always be good. If this was true the Bible wouldn't be that aggressive on other beliefs. Religious intolerance is bad, that is a fact. And killing each one who doesn't pray to me as the only real god is not sane behaviour.

Btw beside other reasons I'm here to better my English.
Old 15-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Warrior
Buddhism arose at the same time and is not full of religious intolerance like the Bible.
People can be intolerant. But it is not the Bible (the New Testament) that is full of intolerance. This is the point I made before.

Yes the Old Old Testament is full of intolerance. But the Old Testament is not the Bible. It is simply the history-story of what came before the revelation of the New Testament; the new religion, the new truth. The New Testament is as tolerant as Buddhism.

And I have met as many preachy intolerant Buddhists and I have Christians. Go view the Buddhist forum if you don't believe me.
Old 15-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Newbie ;)

The New Testament says that everybody who doesn't believe in God will die in the Apocalypse . That's the maximum of religious intolerance
Old 15-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Warrior
The New Testament says that everybody who doesn't believe in God will die in the Apocalypse . That's the maximum of religious intolerance
It does? Where specifically? Please point out the passage.

Christian fundamentalists INTERPRET select Bible passages in intolerant ways, absolutely.

Esoteric Christians and occult spiritualists understand what the apocalypse is referring to. And no, it is not about God's wrath or the end of the world.
Old 15-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Master
BTW, it's quite telling that you completely avoid the following, so as to continue pushing your particular narrative: "People can be intolerant. And I have met as many preachy intolerant Buddhists as I have Christians. Go view the Buddhist forum if you don't believe me."
Old 18-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Sassy brassy reply, but ultimately lacking in real honesty and thoughtful perspective. No we don't torture criminals anymore; make them suffer for hours as we put them to death. Just like we no longer sacrifice goats to appease the gods. Yes we have indeed advanced.

EXCUSE ME? Do you realize how you make yourself appear?
By "WE", to whom are you referring?
You mean in countries with Christian origins... In Democracies?

I was just reading about the awful treatment of prisoners in Venezuela. Who are you identifying yourself with?
The democracy of Australia, or..?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 27-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Master
Here is something people are not percieving.
Compared to the greater reality and truth, namely the Spirit, and involving a greater reality of eternity...
This organic situation in which humanity now finds itself is an offence.

Humanity is fallen from something. Something greater and other, apart from time.
Hence, "original sin". Most are oblivious though.

Old 27-07-2017, 12:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Here is something people are not percieving.
Compared to the greater reality and truth, namely the Spirit, and involving a greater reality of eternity...
This organic situation in which humanity now finds itself is an offence.

Humanity is fallen from something. Something greater and other, apart from time.
Hence, "original sin". Most are oblivious though.

the thing is, if you only look at the physics of it, (and by physics here I mean the 'physical' place we came down from which seems different from the matrix we are in) you are missing a big part of the picture...

Physics is nothing... God could fix that in an instant. Something else is in play here.