Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-07-2017, 04:31 AM
Experiencer
Can karmic relationships survive?

Not sure in which section to post this, but can karmic relationships survive if both persons take responsibility for their share of wrongdoings and take steps/get help to correct their issues which play a role in the toxicity of the relationship? After a break or break up, for instance, during which both partners heal themselves individually?
Old 25-07-2017, 04:54 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
Not sure in which section to post this, but can karmic relationships survive if both persons take responsibility for their share of wrongdoings and take steps/get help to correct their issues which play a role in the toxicity of the relationship? After a break or break up, for instance, during which both partners heal themselves individually?
I think that karma doesn't work that way. It isn't about solving problems with other souls, it is about correcting thoughts, desires, actions that are negative from a higher purpose perspective. Customary, souls belong to groups that reincarnate together, but their relative human relationships vary widely from one incarnation to another. Souls that use to incarnate together do it to help each other, not to solve past problems between them. Those problems are human problems, not soul problems.
Old 25-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Pathfinder
Hmm ... I didn't know what a "karmic relationship" is ... so I read little bit about it in internet.

And the article i read told me that these are the relationships which happen because you should learn
something important, and which are not meant to last beyond the necessary lessons.

So from that I'd assume that if people heal their issues they will not need this relationship any more ...
they need something else. When people change they start seeing everything differently, including their relationships - present and past.

So why should one want for a karmic relationship to last longer than it's meant to last?
Maybe wanting to "repair" or restart it means that the necessary lessons are just not learnt yet?

Although, well, I think the universe is mysterious and in reality everything is possible :)
Old 26-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart

Do you want to rephrase the question? What do you mean by karmic, survive, and heal? I know what they mean, but I have a feeling what you really want to ask is something quite different.
Old 27-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Knower

I had what, in retrospect, could be described as a karmic relationship, back when I was very young.

It was a disaster, and I hated him for years. But I eventually got older, and a bit wiser, and started to understand why things played out as they did, and eventually forgave him.

We had a very brief but pleasant contact by email over a decade later, and while we were both kindly disposed toward each other, it was clear (at least to me) that there just wasn't a role for him in my life any more, not even as a friend. And that surprised me, as I'd already decided that friendship--and yeah, perhaps even more--would be okay, and even welcome. We had a lot of interests in common, and he'd once been one of those rare people with whom I could stay up talking all night. Even when I'd hated him the most, I'd missed that mental connection.

But with each email we exchanged, the desire to keep talking to him at all ebbed. I didn't expect that, and there seemed to be no reason for it, but by the time our conversation ground to a halt I was relieved.

He died of lung cancer a few years back. I'd known through occasional glances at public entries on his Facebook that he was in poor health for the last several years of his life, but I still never felt any urge to contact him. The cancer rose up and devoured him fast, and by the time I found out about it he'd been gone for over a month. And even then, I felt no regret at not contacting him, and still don't; whatever agreement we'd had here was long since fulfilled.

So there's that. I think we did accomplish whatever we were meant to, for ourselves and for each other--including learning how to forgive. But that was it. As intense as the relationship was (and it had great highs as well as terrible lows), it was strictly a one-time-only deal.
Old 27-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Master
Just wanted to post a thank you to this thread contributors.
Great thread.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Ascender

My own understanding of karma is that it's a universal balancing mechanism.

For instance, "I am always wrong" will attract "someone who is always right." This was my experience, and I did read up on karmic relationships. It said that they rarely last, because the partners only learn the karmic lesson after the breakup, and that was my experience. After learning it, I don't feel the need to go back into it, and even when the other side re-established connection with me, I didn't feel eager to jump back into it. I believe our mission has been accomplished. You could say this is a matter of personal preference, but the initial underlying imbalance has already been balanced, so there's not much attraction to stay together.