Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 17-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Master
As much as I love looking at all the gorgeous crystals, I agree that a judged contest has a strong possibility of creating divisiveness. I have taken pictures of some of my own crystals but the pics never do them justice. Having said that, I would like to see a show case of crystals regardless if they're from your own collection or what you saw on the net.

As for people connecting to your crystals from seeing a picture, my PSG (Primary Spirit Guide) created a shield around all of my crystals so no one but me can access their energy. This also applies to someone else who might touch them but those who I live with have no desire to even look at them.

Whether a show case happens or not is anyone's guess.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 18-07-2017, 04:55 AM
Experiencer
I kind of know what you mean, and if I were I judge I would probably end up giving everyone a ribbon !

No desire to even look at them ? That is quite sad indeed. Even the people I know that are not into them can't help themselves but stare at certain ones, even for brief periods of time when no one is looking ( or so they think )
Old 18-07-2017, 04:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Upon further reflection, I can see a couple reasons why I am getting a little backlash, or at the very least, rubbing some people the wrong way

For starters, I must think of this forum as being in a roomful of women, because lets face it, you gals probably outnumber us guys greatly in a forum of this nature. Women tend to be a little more sensitive, so I must tread a little more carefully. I mean this as no disrespect in any way, and I don't think all women are sensitive, just like I think some men are very sensitive. I love my wife and consider her my equal in every way. I don't mean equal in every physical way because I am of course more physically strong then her, but she in her own right is more intuitive than I. She can actually feel the crystals and is very much into their metaphysical properties. You guys would really like her, her thoughts on crystals are more aligned with most of you here.

The biggest reason I am probably getting some flack, is that I am on a spirituality and beliefs forum, and if I am being totally honest, really could care less about the spiritual side of crystals, and I have made it no secret that crystals are nothing more than art and decoration for me.

But why should it need to be anything more than " art " to appreciate them ? The fact that I see them as " art " doesn't lessen my love for them, in fact, I am pretty sure scholars have spent their entire lives to the study of " art " from such greats as Rembrandt and Picasso, and the fact that my " art " comes from mother nature is irrelevant.

I have also always thought that other opinions and viewpoints make for good conversation and stimulate healthy thought processes. That's the whole point of a forum, to get other's opinions and thoughts. There is lots of weird beliefs on this forum I could refute with the lack of scientific evidence, but that's not what I am about, I love to hear other ideas even if they don't correlate with my own. In case you haven't noticed, detailed forum conversation about spiritual planes and meditation and so forth, I pretty much keep my nose out of those conversations because I know for a fact I don't know what I am talking about, but at the same time respect those beliefs, and in some cases, even find it interesting.

Also I don't know if you guys know this, but this is the only ACTIVE forum on the net about crystals and gemstones, so if you could show me a more appropriate forum that would be more friendly to other peoples viewpoints, I would be open to opinion.

Errol, I love your idea for a thread about new crystals. Many of us don't know these exist, and when they are not mainstream they can easily get missed. This is the type of thread that could cause hours of good conversation. Too bad you won't show us your garnet, I would forgive you if it wasn't the best picture...you probably wouldn't want to see my driver's licence either. LOL !

LOL I enjoy the conversation on the Crystals forum immensely. Agree about diversity of viewpoints. Most of all, I agree about crystals being works of art too. Even though I constantly seek to study their metaphysical and spiritual properties, I love them as aesthetic entities as well. They can be quite mesmerizing. Though most seekers move past that stage and the need to possess crystals.
Old 18-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
I kind of know what you mean, and if I were I judge I would probably end up giving everyone a ribbon !

No desire to even look at them ? That is quite sad indeed. Even the people I know that are not into them can't help themselves but stare at certain ones, even for brief periods of time when no one is looking ( or so they think )

I did say I love looking at them.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 18-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Experiencer
I meant the people you live with, ( sorry my bad I should have clarified that ) the ones with no desire to look at them. I think that is quite sad
Old 18-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Master
Ah that,

Well, they're not big specimens and what I do have is mostly in a bedroom. Mom has a collection of rocks and one or two crystals in her place so I suppose she looks at them. I have known her to take home rocks to place outside in her garden. The last one she took was a souvenir from a friends' place. Could be she doesn't want to spend money on them.

Most of the rocks in our area are gneiss so they have lots of quartz in it and when the sunlight hits it just right, they really sparkle. I know, I know, rocks have a tendency to follow us home. Then they end up somewhere in the landscape. Some rocks made it into my fish tank too for added interest in the aquascape.