Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-07-2017, 06:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
The point of transcendence is to eliminate all conditions that stand in the way of ending the feeling of disconnection. In the end all conditions must
be transcended for that ending to arise. That transcendence means that whatever you now see as a condition to that ending, does not have to be met.

The only position I know of that offers total transcendence is that whatever already is does not have to be overcome for the purpose of total connection because all is already one. In that sense "whatever already is" includes not realizing this or anything else for it must already be Oneness not realizing !!!

All else that is on offer in the spiritual supermarket requires achieving something so is not totally transcendental. Whatever those requirements are have to be transcended at some point so why not deselect such paths at the outset?:). The answer I expect is that characters vary and some have a sense of lack and like the idea of something to do that offers the hope of correcting that lack. I expect the end of that process is to realize that there was no lack in the first place but have to go through the process of trying to correct that non existent lack in order to get there.

Very funny, Iamit, like of a clone of that gentleman "jimrich," who, for a period, used to post a new non-duality thread almost every day.

For someone who obsessively creates dozens of threads to talk and talk and talk about Non Duality, you obviously have set yourself up as someone who strongly believes in your own mission of doing, achieving and "correcting" a self-perceived lack.

This is very much like a Scientologist or Jehovah's Witness who fervently pursues discussion and conversion. To be fair, what you are offering people in this community is NO MORE than another set of perishables from a spiritual supermarket, in this case being something labeled "Neo Advaita" (which you identified as your "spiritual belief" on your member page).

I notice that most "Neo Advaitins" tend to have this strong arrogance of pointing to the spiritual paths of others and invalidating them as being of a "spiritual supermarket," when "Neo Advaitins" themselves are largely among the MOST desperate of spiritual seekers to set themselves up on a mission of doing, themselves often trying hard to steer people away from "New Age" teachings, when "Neo Advaita" itself is obviously another "New/Neo Age" repackaging of ancient traditions, namely from Advaita Vedenta and Zen Buddhism, hence the term "Neo." Just another Westernized repackaging that is being sold here. At least be frank about that fact, instead of pretending to be so different from the "spiritual supermarket" as you call it.

When it comes to balance and perfection, anyone who can see the obvious here will understand that it is not about initiating dozens of Internet debates about "Non Duality," but rather it is more about cutting to the core, which is recognizing well-being as the core desire, for no amount of "non-duality" or "non-dual" discussion could ever remove the fact that ALL people have a core desire for joy, as joy is the heart of "non-duality."

Authentic non-duality is not about emphasizing "non," or trying to "eliminate all conditions that stand in the way of ending the feeling of disconnection," as you stated it, which is just another attitude that says, "I perceive a lack that needs to be filled, a problem that needs to be corrected," by the very fact that you are hung up on using the word and concept, "eliminate." Authentic non-duality is centered on joy, not "elimination."

Many "Neo-Advaitins" generally LOVE to set themselves up as "eliminators"
and "terminators." (Imagine Arnold Swarzenegger holding a satsang.)

By all means, please carry on with your discussions here. I wanted to tap you on the shoulder a bit.

Namaste, all.
Old 22-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Master
Non-duality can become a habitual pattern in one's thinking and rationale.

Duality can become a habitual pattern in one's thinking and rationale.

The "thing" is right there in our face..

It's Life.

No nonduality or duality philosophies can change anything about this simple fact... you will die one day.

What growth have you discovered in you? I can touch that in me!

The Heart is mindful and directs the mind.. having a good heart is a good way to live"?

Whats it got to do with duality or non-duality...

I might be the one, I might be a flee.... all the same, I am.

I once heard it said that God has a name for me that I know and will recognize when God calls when I die.

But don't ask me to prove it.
Old 22-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
No nonduality or duality philosophies can change anything about this simple fact... you will die one day.

What appears to be a simple fact actually is not that simple because what dies may appear as this or as that depending on view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
I once heard it said that God has a name for me that I know and will recognize when God calls when I die.

But don't ask me to prove it.

I don't even know what 'God' you are talking about. But don't try to explain.
Old 22-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Master

The art of "being" is simple and at the same time very complex. My personal view on being is not always easy, God or what ever it is that we amount too is truly clever. And then maybe there is no such thing as God but I'm free to wonder and marvel at the inner workings of the heart and mind?.

This is a Non-duality section of the forum and with all respect, I'm fascinated by the possibilities and open to it. I'm happy for anyone that is finding a good path, even if it means there is no path.

LIfe is like riding a bicycle, you can go places with it, but it takes balance, skill, determination and you might skin your knees.

Balance and perfection ..noted.
Old 22-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Very funny, Iamit, like of a clone of that gentleman "jimrich," who, for a period, used to post a new non-duality thread almost every day.

For someone who obsessively creates dozens of threads to talk and talk and talk about Non Duality, you obviously have set yourself up as someone who strongly believes in your own mission of doing, achieving and "correcting" a self-perceived lack.

This is very much like a Scientologist or Jehovah's Witness who fervently pursues discussion and conversion. To be fair, what you are offering people in this community is NO MORE than another set of perishables from a spiritual supermarket, in this case being something labeled "Neo Advaita" (which you identified as your "spiritual belief" on your member page).

I notice that most "Neo Advaitins" tend to have this strong arrogance of pointing to the spiritual paths of others and invalidating them as being of a "spiritual supermarket," when "Neo Advaitins" themselves are largely among the MOST desperate of spiritual seekers to set themselves up on a mission of doing, themselves often trying hard to steer people away from "New Age" teachings, when "Neo Advaita" itself is obviously another "New/Neo Age" repackaging of ancient traditions, namely from Advaita Vedenta and Zen Buddhism, hence the term "Neo." Just another Westernized repackaging that is being sold here. At least be frank about that fact, instead of pretending to be so different from the "spiritual supermarket" as you call it.

When it comes to balance and perfection, anyone who can see the obvious here will understand that it is not about initiating dozens of Internet debates about "Non Duality," but rather it is more about cutting to the core, which is recognizing well-being as the core desire, for no amount of "non-duality" or "non-dual" discussion could ever remove the fact that ALL people have a core desire for joy, as joy is the heart of "non-duality."

Authentic non-duality is not about emphasizing "non," or trying to "eliminate all conditions that stand in the way of ending the feeling of disconnection," as you stated it, which is just another attitude that says, "I perceive a lack that needs to be filled, a problem that needs to be corrected," by the very fact that you are hung up on using the word and concept, "eliminate." Authentic non-duality is centered on joy, not "elimination."

Many "Neo-Advaitins" generally LOVE to set themselves up as "eliminators"
and "terminators." (Imagine Arnold Swarzenegger holding a satsang.)

By all means, please carry on with your discussions here. I wanted to tap you on the shoulder a bit.

Namaste, all.

It is improtant to notice when there is no attempt to consider what is being said but rather attempt to undermine who may be saying it. Its best to stop attempting to engage when it reaches that stage if you dont want this space to become a childish contest. If your replies continue in this vein there will be no further replies from me until the issues are addressed rather than attempt to undermine whoever it is may be posting.