Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 04-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Experiencer
Confusion on ritual and prayer...

If a person is not balanced in energy, he shouldn't do a ritual ,he should do a lot cleansing and grounding etc, cos his energy will influence the result of the ritual.
This let me thinking of prayer. I have friends who r always praying daily for themselves and for others, sometimes they r very unbalanced, in v bad situation, but their prayers still get answered.
so....why is this way? why they r different?
prayer is also a type of ritual ,(in my own understanding).

another question is,we shall not do a ritual or spell to help someone unless he agrees accepts the help.
but if he is addicted in heroin, and he is so addicted that he doesn't want to quit and doesnt accept any help, or he just doesn't believe anything can really help....shall we give up this person?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:47 AM
Master

I understand ritual and prayers to be two different things. In ritual, we could be celebrating a seasonal festival or performing a ritual to evoke a spirit or any number of other things and I agree that our energies will have a certain affect on the ritual.

For prayers though, we are simply talking to our deity, or deities, and usually asking them for something, whether that's for help in manifesting something or asking for the deity to help us become stronger or whatever. Talking/communicating with a deity is not quite the same as being in a circle performing a ritual.

As far as asking someone's permission to help them, I believe that you should. You could be interfering with their life path - sometimes some things are just meant to be. You could do a spell on them to make them realize the consequences of their actions though, I believe. Others might say that because this person is actually harming himself and possibly his family members then it would be perfectly fine to bind him (or try to, because working on someone with addictions is next to impossible to get results).

At other times I would not ask for permission - I mean if someone was being a total jerk or harming others then I certainly wouldn't ask their permission to bind them or throw them in the freezer or hot foot them.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Experiencer

You should think of rituals and spells in a way that for example, what would you and wouldn't you say/do to this Person. I see all spiritual excercises as simple as talking to someone. Of course you ask before you for example, touch someone or give advice. Not maybe out loud, but in spirit. Some people ask out loud and that's okay too.

I don't know if this makes any sense.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Master
You can pray for a person without their permission - it is asking help for them from Higher Levels. Those beings will then determine how best to help that person.

Doing a ritual for a person without their permission is a mis-use of power. It is subjecting your will over theirs - taking away their free will. Even if their will is to die of heroine over dose - that's their will and their right. A inherent right none of us have the right to usurp.

If however you are praying to Higher Beings asking them to help the person in that persons Highest Good then this is a request, it will be carried out as those who can see more than we do see fit and in the manner from their higher perspective that seems most appropriate. It is not a forcing of power on someone.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for the help!
so , when a ritual commanding elements angels spirits to work together, its like we become God ...