Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-08-2015, 02:35 AM
Master
Great responses thanks for the awesome dialogue.

I wonder if any of you have read the book sex at dawn. It's pretty entertaining and makes you think.

One part of the book was about a study where they hooked people's genitals up to a sensor that read blood flow. Then showed sexual images to the subjects to see if the conscious preference was the same as the subconscious physical response.

Almost unanimously I cannot recall the numbers but it was quite across the board. Men who said they were heterosexual only had physical responces to females, men and women who were self described as homosexual only had a physical response to same sex images......

The kicker.... The women that self described as heterosexual, well they physically responded with increased blood flow to the genitals when shown, same sex, opposite sex, and even bonobo monkeys having sex. Not sure what that proves but I laughed my butt off.

Last edited by TheGlow : 27-08-2015 at 04:40 AM.
Old 27-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Lorelyen

There was a study - some years ago now - about overcrowding - in a country, the world, a society, the lot. In the face of overcrowding two effects come into play: people stop breeding and, the mothering instinct reduces.

Could be that a complexity of circumstances are leading to people broadening their sexual orientations. Certainly sex-for-pleasure rather than breeding has been around for a long time so perhaps this is an expansion of that.
Old 27-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Master
I'm a gay male, and honestly I don't know much either the latest investigations about homosexuality or the root cause.

I just know from my experience that I was born this way, when I was 5 or 6 years old I was attracted to my karate teacher, he was a handsome man and in really good shape, I just stared at him, I was really young to know about sexuality, but I believe that the sexual preference is related with the soul of each one of us, not with the flesh.

Like I said, it just happens, I'm completely glad I'm gay =)
Old 27-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Master
Lucyan, I'm just glad you can talk about your feelings and be honest...that takes loads of courage and we need more of that all round. And I could give a fig about your sexual preference...that is your biz

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Master
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Lucyan, I'm just glad you can talk about your feelings and be honest...that takes loads of courage and we need more of that all round. And I could give a fig about your sexual preference...that is your biz

Peace & blessings,
7L

Hi 7L

For me the sexual preference is something very natural, we either like chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream (masculine and feminine genitalia), perhaps we could like both flavors.

I believe that the real attraction is created by the pheromones, the pheromones may be the physical manifestation of the Soul's energy, this could be a good thread also.

About the courage, well, I'm still finding difficult to tell a new dear friend that I'm gay so I guess I don't have that much courage, but soon I'll tell him so...
Old 27-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Ravenspirit

I have always looked at homo and bisexuality as a genetic quirk and see no shame in either. I don't think it's any different than say being left handed. There's a certain % of the population that is drawn to same gender or to both, and there probably always will be. Ditto transgender people. It's the way they are born into this life and there should be no shame attached to that. I've done volunteer work with LGBT people for half my life. I have had quite a few friends from the community. My feeling as there are not physically more LGBT people so much as it is there are now so many more people "out" than ever before in our history. They were always there, always will be, it's just that now people are not as into hiding it if they are LGBT.

In my mind that's a good thing. I have seen more than enough children with gender issues bullied and shamed over not feeling like they're in the right body and trying to act like the person they really feel they are. I've seen queer kids shamed over loving other kids who were not the opposite gender. I've seen both sent to "rehabilitative therapy" that was nothing more than mental torture. A friend of mine he nearly took his life because his overtly religious parents sent him to a place like that several times before he was 18 to quote "get the gay out of him" so they could have a normal son, a daughter in law and grand kids. When it failed they cut him out of their lives completely, so completely that when he died they didn't even come to his memorial or help us scatter his ashes. I do not and never will understand how they could do that. They just tossed him away like so much garbage because he could not rewire himself to be the son they expected him to be.

I know that it scandalizes and irritates some people that kids are now being told they can be LBGT in school and that it's fine, that it's nothing to be ashamed of. But what you have to realize is that a lot of these kids they are getting the exact opposite message at home and they need to hear that it's okay to be themselves from someone, before it's too late and they end up traumatized, brutalized, and maybe even dead. That's the bottom line folks, and parents who don't like it, well you can kiss my little derriere, because I've seen way too many LGBT kids literally on the verge of suicide because nobody wants anyone to tell them it's OKAY, and yes, I've lost a few anyway, which breaks my heart.

Sounds harsh, I know, but I've just seen one too many LGBT kids sitting on the floor with a razor in their hand sobbing because no matter how hard they try they can't not be gay or can't feel like they belong in the body they are in. I will never stop fighting for those kids. That more and more kids can just come out and be themselves and have their parents blessing makes me very happy, but it's still not the case for many and until it is, well, I can't help but hope that they are getting a message of love and acceptance from somewhere, from someone. Goodness knows they need to hear it, each and every one.
Old 28-08-2015, 12:34 AM
Experiencer
me thinks if your husband woke up with different parts
you'd leave him in very little while

not hating or anything
i just think that what will happen in my opinion

i don't think sexual orientation has ANYTHING to do with spirituality
that was silly thing to say

you're basically saying the more gay or bi or lesbian person become
the more spiritual they are
and the more straight they are .. the more non-spiritual they are ?
that's utterly nonsense if you ask me
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 28-08-2015, 03:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Leave Me
me thinks if your husband woke up with different parts
you'd leave him in very little while

not hating or anything
i just think that what will happen in my opinion

you're basically saying the more gay or bi or lesbian person become
the more spiritual they are
and the more straight they are .. the more non-spiritual they are ?
that's utterly nonsense if you ask me

It's to bad you see things so black and white.
I don't. I think love is love.
Old 28-08-2015, 04:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
It's to bad you see things so black and white.
I don't. I think love is love.
love is as much as it is emotional as physical
and that's love

love ain't just cheesy fluffy feelings it's also contact and physical act
and since love " feeling " comes from the brain
and the brain being a physical thing
i'd say it's pretty darn physical not spiritual

When we die and become souls
no one can really tell how we would feel then
coz no one actually died and came back to tell us how it went
or how they felt during it or weather they loved or hated

i was just being honest about my comment to you
it's not about what black and what white
it's about what makes sense and what doesn't
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 28-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Leave Me

This depends on our conceptions and opinions about spirituality, for me everything is Spirit and Energy, then how could we exclude something from spirituality?