Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 07-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Master
The Dark Side of Reiki?

Is there one? I've been reading and hearing there is. And also I knew people who do Reiki and I suspect that they might be using it on me for their own intentions.

How do you protect yourself? How do you know if a reiki practitioner is healthy or not? You can't just get healed by anyone right?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:31 AM
4everLove

Hi! I believe all the healing energy is all the same from the same source. Just different approaches. If people are using reiki and the like for trying to manipulate it then they are ones you should stay clear of. Its like good psychics nd not so good ones. Some try to do it to give you love, understanding and healing but others say not so pleasant things. Its the same as having negative people and positive people. I practice reiki because i love it, i love helping others, and it makes me feel happy and open too. I do it because i love it. I personally dont believe there is a dark side to reiki, just a dark side to people. Thats myopinion. Love and light!
Peace out
Old 09-08-2014, 04:33 AM
4everLove

And to protect yourself is grounding like visualizing your feet has roots connected to the ground and tgen put a protection bubble around you.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
And to protect yourself is grounding like visualizing your feet has roots connected to the ground and tgen put a protection bubble around you.
My actual and personal experience is that Reiki is very strong and the above method is not sufficient to stop it completely.

I have know many Reiki practitioners. As far as I know there is no 'dark' Reiki per se. The only 'complaint' I know of (myself included) is that some Reiki practitioners are compulsive healers (true of all healing practices that I know of). In most forms of energy healing, the practitioner has to willfully and intentionally 'do' a healing. This provides an opportunity for healers to consider the appropriateness of what they are doing (and time for the afflicted to get away from them). With a few exceptions, healers are well intentioned and do not force healing on others. The 'attunements' of the Reiki system make it trivially easy to initiate the flow of healing energy. Without the explicit 'effort' of initiating a healing, healing can start before a person can fully consider the appropriateness of it.

I would say that nearly every healer does it for their own intentions. Most often it is out of a sense of wanting to help others. While that is not always the effect, I do not fault their intentions.

The Reiki attunements would make it near impossible to purposely harm a human. The Reiki energy can harm some types of beings but only the ones that might harm a person. This does not automatically give healers the right to harm them. One can think of it in the way of a doctor who might wipe out a pathogen in order to cure someone. Let your own morals decide.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:56 PM
4everLove

Yup, in a lot of people in healing profesions even nurses and doctors is they go over and beyond to 'heal' or help. Its tiresome. I was like with my other job before i did reoki that until i realized i ignored my ownneeds. When i started reiki i learned that all healing is self healing. I cant heal anyone but myself.i just assist for those open to healing themselves because im just allowing myself to be a conduit for the energy. Im in the process of starting up my own reiki business and im open to anyone who wants it, but i certainly dont force people if they aren't ready. They decide and know whats best for them more than i do. If you have practioners that are trying to heal others so much then they need to heal themselves more than anything.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:57 PM
4everLove

Sorry about all the typos. I do this on my phone.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
Yup, in a lot of people in healing profesions even nurses and doctors is they go over and beyond to 'heal' or help. Its tiresome. I was like with my other job before i did reoki that until i realized i ignored my ownneeds. When i started reiki i learned that all healing is self healing. I cant heal anyone but myself.i just assist for those open to healing themselves because im just allowing myself to be a conduit for the energy. Im in the process of starting up my own reiki business and im open to anyone who wants it, but i certainly dont force people if they aren't ready. They decide and know whats best for them more than i do. If you have practioners that are trying to heal others so much then they need to heal themselves more than anything.

I took Reiki 2 exactly 3 weeks ago. I have been doing a 21 day cleanse where I do Reiki every day on myself and not treat anyone else. For me, it works and it reminds me how much I need Reiki and to continue to do self treatments. I try to do at least 3-4 self treatments a week. If I go more than 3-4 days I can feel a difference without it. I think most practitioners forget they need Reiki as much as the people they treat.

As far as the OP - I personally do not believe that Reiki itself has a dark side. The practitioner you choose might have one but, Reiki is universal life energy that is given for the greatest of good. I haven't come across anyone that is Reiki attuned with a "dark side" agenda. Penelope Quest has written several books on Reiki that explains that Reiki is only used for good, not bad.
Old 16-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Ascender
I've heard that Reiki cannot be used for anything bad and will never do harm to anyone.
Old 20-08-2014, 04:52 PM
comedymedium

Seeing the title of this post reminds me of an incident I had when I was healing one of my siblings. They felt pressure during my energy session with them, and immediately stopped me. They called it "Dreiki" for Dark Reiki. After they let me finish they felt great, but they won't let me forget I "dreiki'd" them initially. I'm not sure if it's just how each of us interprets the feeling - my other siblings and relatives have described it as warmth, pressure, tingly sensation - I'm guessing it's just a difference in reception.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:09 PM
membal

I agree, I don't believe there is any dark side to reiki at all. It is always promoting the living process and it is not even possible to "use" or "direct" it toward something or someone with any kind of malice in mind or heart..and if a person did try to use it for their own intentions and in a way against you then by definition it would no longer even be reiki any more..they would have mixed in their own personal ki..going back some years in Eastern Europe there were some unscrupulous masters who were tweaking their attunement processes to ensure that the person they attuned would only come back to them for future levels- dodgy stuff to say the least and with some huge karmic blow back coming their ways no doubt...shinpai suna darkestshadeofgrey you have nothing to fear with reiki..