Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-04-2014, 05:55 PM
livingkarma

Mental health issues w/children adopted from Romania were attribted to sensory deprivation and lack of attachment in the first key months of his life - "LOVE" ...

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...phans-adoption

IMO, is a necessity like food & water for all humans to thrive ...
Love & a connectedness to people are real needs not to be pondered w/one's head in the clouds ... :
Good reason to provide it to others as often possible ...
Old 05-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbridge
Why there is a need for air?
For me it is just that simple. You need love to live and you need air to breathe (and to live)

The most wonderful thing one person can say to you, is be exactly who you are, you are loved and accepted just the way you are.
We need that kind of love. We crave acceptance. We want to express ourselves and be fully who we want to be.

Yes, this.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hey Monkey Boy,

errr...what now? LOL!!! Who is that, Dazzer?
Just a small reminder, I am a woman and no one who's ever met me would think otherwise for a second, hahahaha!!!

I am just gobsmacked and have no idea why you say this from time to time, nor how to respond.
You are the first & only to ever call me "monkey boy" or "monkey man". LOL!!!
How about you tell me why you call me that, and then I will know what to say

Might I ask you regardless, though, not to call me "boy" or "man" anymore?
And for myself, I can easily promise that I will never call you "girl" or "woman" either..no chance of that!
How's that for fair?

Quote:
I would say love manifests in every expression and cannot be broken down as you say that's if we relate love to be life's foundation but that does leave the door open to love being of fear, illusion, ego etc .. Like papa bears thread regards gravitation of source, the love can seemingly pull us in every way possible in order to eventually self reflect and eventually self love, depending on what one sees and how one expresses but nevertheless everything leads back to the realization of self love .

x daz x

I agree with most of what you say, for certain.
But love of fear, illusion, ego, and so forth is so diluted and misdirected most of the time,
that we do not and cannot experience the love that exists on what I am loosely calling higher vibrations.
Only on lower ones, and that is precisely where the love is often not clearly identifiable, recognizable, or experienced as "love".
It is often muddy, cruel, selfish, and largely oriented to survival, exploitation, and gratification of basic urges.
Though this is where many actually live, it is nonetheless not identifiably and universally seen, known, or felt by us as "love"
...not as "love" by the standards of the higher vibrations that draw us and call to us with their beauty and purity of loving expression.
And that is why we generally seek to purify the heart and the soul...and draw closer to the love within and without...toward God, Who is Love :)
so that we may purify the love within (i.e., our hearts) -- the love we are and the love we have to give.
So that we may sanctify our lives in the truth of love.
Likewise, we purify the heart so that we may receive more fully and truly and purely,
whether from self, others, or just from God/Spirit and existence itself.

Here, Love is oriented to truth, integrity, kindness, respect, and broadly to the good of all.
At higher vibrations, those lower expressions of love -- so hard to sort and understand as loving -- are simply no longer there...
and thus we no longer need to experience those or directly concern ourselves with them.
The lower, muddier, and more corrupted expressions of love simply have not risen to the level of those other vibrations
(I hesitate to say levels but words tend to be limited here).
The love expressed and felt in places that tend to be largely free of fear, illusion, ego, etc,
is so much purer and truer in its expression that it seems to be almost an entirely different entity or source altogether.
And because of the consistency and integrity of its pure expression, it is clearly and universally recognisable as love.

Of course, love is always love, no matter where existing or how feebly or corrupted its expression, nor how low its vibration.
And love is its own source (love and spirit ultimately being synonymous with God...and existing in all things.
However love and spirit -- or God -- are most purely experienced and expressed by each of us (the individuated consciousness)
as we approach them more truly, more purely, and with more clarity and integrity of being.
And it is only when love is generally expressed from these levels..with consistency, integrity, clarity/purity, and truth that we can universally recognise it.
It is only from this place that love is the universal "language", "bridge", and "way of all beings" and not just the universal, undifferentiated way of God.

Peace & blessings Dazzer,
7L/Amanda

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Mental health issues w/children adopted from Romania were attribted to sensory deprivation and lack of attachment in the first key months of his life - "LOVE" ...

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...phans-adoption

IMO, is a necessity like food & water for all humans to thrive ...
Love & a connectedness to people are real needs not to be pondered w/one's head in the clouds ... :
Good reason to provide it to others as often possible ...

Beautiful post and thanks for your wise words, LK

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Because that (love) is the essence of the One that created everything.
If the One was a meany we would all crave conflict and battles, I guess.

That essence is very much in my dog right now, so I gotta go...

Beautiful words Miss H.
Kabbalah says that "as above, so below" is many things but is most essentially just as you say.

And moreover, that the clear correlation is that God loves us, that God desires, and longs to know and love us fully.
We are made in the likeness of God, of Spirit.
Therefore we too desire and long for love...in God, in self, in others, and in all existence.

As you say, our very natures are made to seek and express love.
Toward God, toward self, toward others, and towards all existence.
We are fulfilling our natures in being and expressing love,
and the desire for and longing for this love are natural outcomes
of being love, of being created to love, and of then naturally seeking to express and be who we are most truly.

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 06-04-2014, 03:47 AM
Raven Poet

Mmmmm ... because love is creation! It is the powerful spark that ignites and creates universes! And if we are a facet of Creation and/or Creator (or whatever we call the Maker of all things), then we long to create too. It's in our DNA, man!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 PM
OSPREY1

Biological programming. In ones genes/genetics also known as instinct in short for finding the optimal partner and for reproduction.

Some of us humans would choose to completely ignore such things & reproduction if it where not pre-programmed so to speak in our genetics.

Possible extinction of the human race would be a possible eventuality if no one actual bred etc.....
Old 07-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muileag
Love is the very fabric of our soul (or something like that)

I think the "longing for love" is like trying to deconstruct this fabric into individual strands, and the one that normally springs to mind for most people is "romantic love." Finding this tiny thread becomes the focus and the drive; unfortunately, when you're so focused on finding the elusive "romantic love" thread you're not enjoying the overall tapestry, and you feel like there's something missing.

I've lost my train of thought.....but Love is within and without and all is good

I like the way you put this muileag .

''when you're so focused on finding the elusive "romantic love" thread you're not enjoying the overall tapestry, and you feel like there's something missing''.

I would say romance when attained at a point becomes no longer enough .. and the longing and the missing feeling continues .. the love of another no matter how great it is, will never be enough eventually, there's more, so much more .

You mentioned about one's focus earlier which does become relevant whether it be your attention on another or be it on one's self . The focus on another takes your mind somewhere different from that of one's attention on self, but all attention leads back to self eventually it's just reflected perhaps many more times .

x daz x
Old 07-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
It is often muddy, cruel, selfish, and largely oriented to survival, exploitation, and gratification of basic urges.
Though this is where many actually live, it is nonetheless not identifiably and universally seen, known, or felt by us as "love"

Hi Monkey *o*

What arises is what arises . What arises will be a self reflection of love in some form . If you have tasted honey the craving for marmite will no longer arise . An individual that has only tasted marmite will grow to love marmite cos that's all he knows .

x daz x
Old 07-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Master
Marmite will be what keeps him from death, and so it will be welcomed over hunger and starvation.

However, most realise the difference between existing and living, just as most realise the difference between a life of experiecing consistent acts of cruelty interspersed with infrequent, random acts of kindness -- versus the opposite. One is perceived as mostly devoid of love or kindness. The other is perceived as mostly devoid of cruelty or unkindness.

At a very low level of consciousness (like amoeba), perhaps there is no difference between honey and marmite. But even the beasts of the field know the difference, and certainly they know the diff between cruelty and kindness

All I'm saying is the clarity, purity, consistency, and integrity of love...i.e., the quality of the love...matters. And to the extent it contains clarily, purity, consistency, and wholeness and integrity of being, of lovingkindness, of mercy, of joy, of awe and gratitude, of restraint and other-centredness in addition to inner centredness -- to the extent it contains these things, it can be more and more readily and universally identified by any of US as "love".

This purity and clarity and integrity is what the love of God is. What love is, and what God is. We know this in our moments of transcendental perception. And this is why we seek it and how we recognize it here on earth.

Peace & blessings

-- Rainer Maria Rilke