Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-11-2010, 08:01 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
I think that by example we should equip our children to make wise decisions. Hopefully one day she will be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves. Do you Deb, think it wrong that my daughter and I will not even consider dating an unbeliever? "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" Now I don't mind sharing personal information to a degree over the internet, but I have learned in the past that being a Chrisitan doesn't mean I have to show everyone dirty laundry. Perhaps that is some advice to give to others? Having been married once, "But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace." Making mistakes is part of life, and so we obtain much in knowledge, and some disregard out greatest sources of knowledge, propositional knowledge-- knowing facts; knowledge by acquaintance, ect., but being open to instruction and wise counseling says much about a person, the mistakes I made, before becoming a Chrisitan, like it seems that others have made entering into a relationship or contract involuntarily with someone who wasn't right. Perhaps I married too young. Let me end this in defense before anyone thinks it that a Chrisitian has a superiority complex, I think the worse of us is a hypocrite, because the hypocrite lives internally amongst us in our community, and is a deceiving secret enemy more harmful than those outside of the faith. Well enough said.... and I never did answer your question directly.

shim, honestly....i don't think it's wrong that you or your daughter won't date a non believer but in saying that, you don't choose who become attracted to. there is always the question of why a person is a non believer. would you broach the subject of religion in the 1st conversation you had with someone you felt an attraction towards?? would you consider dating someone with a different religious belief to yours?
as for airing my dirty laundry in public i don't mind so much. i've written a book about my life so plenty have read about my life. i've found if you have nothing to hide no one can make things up about you as sadly happens in life at times.
it's good though that you have ideals & yes we all live & learn with regards to relationships. much respect to you shim
Old 18-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Shim

Deleted...

Last edited by Shim : 24-11-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Master
LOL...they are here..but they are not all Christian
And yes the 5th column is always the weakest link...even the unknowing one.

What do you think of our marriage laws? For us, the Talmud is binding as well, until and unless it is reinterpreted. Acceptance of a ring (in ancient times a coin), contract, and consensual intercourse are all a form of entering into a valid marriage...any one of the 3 will do, but typically all 3 are present.

Imagine what our society would look like if you had to marry the woman/man you slept with. Suddenly I don't look so crazy for practising abstinence until & unless I marry my soulmate. Because in all sincerity that's the only way I will do it again (marriage).

Peace/blessings,
7L
Old 18-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Shim

Deleted....

Last edited by Shim : 24-11-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:37 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
What makes you think that anything other than the faith and moral beauty one carries will be the attraction I have for them? Much respect to you too deb.

so you would only look at a person as a possible partner because you agree with her moral standings & faith?? what's wrong with personality? have you never just 'clicked' with someone in an instant & thought 'whoa what's going on here!' it's easy to say you (not you personally) have certain standards you look for in a possible partner but like i've said previous, you can't help who you are attracted to.
shim......would you do something for me?!................smile!!
Old 18-11-2010, 08:51 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
What makes you think that anything other than the faith and moral beauty one carries will be the attraction I have for them? Where are all the God fearing woman out there? By the way, wish me luck and love, the first date in six years, I met a fellow Christian who is coming to meet me tomorrow! Thanks Lord Jesus. Much respect to you too deb.

wow shim, i wish you loads of luck & sending you lots of love straight from my heart. (i have a good heart despite my beliefs) sorry, had to get that in!!
i hope you have a good time with your date.
oh & by the way......i'm a god fearing woman.......i fear him because i don't know who he really is so i guess that's not quite the same!
deb
Old 18-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Shim

Deleted...

Last edited by Shim : 09-12-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:30 PM
debbie.b

i agree on both counts with the charm & beauty.
but a person cannot hide behind charm for very long. i have always 'just been me' around everyone i meet. if someone doesn't much care for me i don't worry about it. i won't change to please others. if it was god that made me this way, being me must be a good thing.......! ;-)