Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 PM
iolite

I believe a man we call Jesus existed. I believe he is an Ascended Master and I believe that he is quite dismayed at what we humans have done to each other in his name .. justifying discrimination, hatred, and war. The movie "Dogma" has a quote from Chris Rock's character Rufus (the 13th apostle) that says what I feel succinctly .."His only real beef with mankind is the **** that gets carried out in His name. Wars, bigotry, televangelism, the big one though is the fractioning of all of the religions. He said mankind got it all wrong by taking a good idea and building a belief structure on it."
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I believe in JC. I believe that the stories told about
him are largely true, I believe his speeches are more or less correctly recited, I
believe that he is still around as either spirit as in body.

But that that alone means I am somehow saved from or for something, I don't particularly believe...
Yes, I understand.
One story...and how are we to really know if this happened...was the power in
the simple "belief" in Jesus the criminal next to him had....that after probably
a full life of crime...in a moment of belief Jesus would say, you will be with me in
Paradise.
I love that story...I want it to be true...it fills my romantic heart with the magic of love,
I must say.
I do not know if it is true...but I know any human lover would take his beloved to the
Moon and back if he or she wished it.
So I do believe in the power of love and what it can do and forgive or ignore.
Thanx WW.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
I believe a man we call Jesus existed. I believe he is an Ascended Master and I believe that he is quite dismayed at what we humans have done to each other in his name .. justifying discrimination, hatred, and war. The movie "Dogma" has a quote from Chris Rock's character Rufus (the 13th apostle) that says what I feel succinctly .."His only real beef with mankind is the **** that gets carried out in His name. Wars, bigotry, televangelism, the big one though is the fractioning of all of the religions. He said mankind got it all wrong by taking a good idea and building a belief structure on it."
Well, those James E Padget messages from the Other Side that Divine Love
brought to our attention last year talk about this very thing.
In that thread "Jesus is not God".

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Though I can't subscribe to many of the religious doctrines surrounding Christianity, I speak to Jesus Christ very simply, very thankfully, and very honourably. I am very fond of Him, as Master of Compassion, and he has helped many people I know.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Quagmire

Having a healthy believe in something can be quite valuable and helpful whether it be Jesus or Spongebob Squarepants. It is not in whom, but in what we believe that defines us...
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 AM
Inurement...

I looked in my dictionary...didn't get it.
Looked up online even in a Thesaurus and used in sentences...
You, Morpheus have used this before ...didn't understand it then and still don't.

I kinda get ...inure to cold...have become used to or hardened to cold.

I wanted this to be a safe place a person could talk about why they don't believe in Jesus.
I am sorry you felt to tell WW to get "Real"...each person's beliefs are valid and fine at
least on my threads..as are yours...pushiness or judgment is a no no for me.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you, I appreciate your honesty.

This is not evidence and I'm not saying this to change you, it's just a curious story
for me personally..the famous NDE ... a self proclaimed angry, mean atheist dies...is being
beaten and poked in darkness when he begins to pray, doesn't even know
how to, but asks Jesus to help him. He sees a small dot of light, it gets bigger and
there appears a loving man that saves him. He weeps, has never felt such love;
is shown many things and sent back....he later realizes this was Jesus...becomes a minister.
That was astonishing to me...no background in Christianity.
If he had asked for Krishna, I suppose he may have appeared...or maybe his grandmother.
I dunno...fascinating aside.

It is amazing how many people who have had NDEs think that they have seen Jesus, when what they have seen is a glorious Being of Light.......''The boy in blue" a young boy who was psychic in old England saw and conversed with a Being of Light whom he thought was Jesus, but eventually learned that it was his spirit guide........
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 AM
Juanita

Cat

[quote=Miss Hepburn]Why do people not accept him?
Christians say if you believe in him you are saved.
So why don't people just believe in him?
Does it have to do with not feeling they need saving?

Or do Christians themselves turn them away?
Why don't you accept Jesus?
It seems siimple to believe in him.
Or is it too hard to believe in the stories told about him?

There must be 100 stories as to why not...I just tossed out a few possibles...

Miss H, one of my criteria for believing "anything" has to be that it makes sense to me.....and it doesn't--not one bit of it.....It is one big fairy tale.....stories are just that, stories....like Cinderella or Snow White--I love them, but I don't believe them..... Saved? from what??" only son of God? how ridicuous is that? Trinity? LIKE God isn't everything that is already......if people want to be deluded so that they don't have to take responsibility for their own actions and lives, it's ok with me, but deluded they are imo........
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite

Right on the money, Iolite ! Jesus [as reported] ranks with others as a great teacher of mankind. But he must be deeply embarassed by the religion bearing his name. I am not christian but credit given where credit is due !
["Dogma" is a favourite of mine - should be required viewing in the Vatican]
Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
It is amazing how many people who have had NDEs think that they have seen Jesus, when what they have seen is a glorious Being of Light.......''The boy in blue" a young boy who was psychic in old England saw and conversed with a Being of Light whom he thought was Jesus, but eventually learned that it was his spirit guide........
I was shocked the first time I heard of "blue beings" from some planet...supposedly
pretty nice beings that visit here and related that to ...could that be why Krishna was blue??!!
I never could figure out why he is portrayed as blue...Oh, I read Astral realm reports
of these "advanced" people on an Astral planet.