Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 09-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Godwin

Motivation for Exercise

For the motivation You should have goals
or there's no reason to workout and no way to select the best exercises in developing you program. So, for motivation, you will have create some goals. Then, you have a place to begin and you can start working on your program and then worry about motivation.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Master
My motivation for exercise is it makes me feel good... at the time and throughout my daily life.

Xan

Old 20-03-2012, 08:58 PM
hse1pbe

Yeah, goals are good. When I started exercising regularly, my goal was simply to loose a couple pounds. It turns out that I actually enjoy exercising! Who would have thought that running is fun, haha. Not me! (Until I tried it.)
Old 27-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Henri77

It gets to be an addiction over time.
One that you really miss ,and feel in your body.. if you get lazy...
I've walked 2-4 miles daily the last 25 years, and stretch EVERY day of my life. If I miss it I feel like i've aged 3 days.

Even light stretches, movement is better than none.
Old 28-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Master
I'm with Henri, I do swimming and yoga and jogging and if I'm out of my routine for more than a week I do feel like I'm a lot older and crankier, emotionally it really helps me too.
Spiritlite.
Old 28-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Master
I am motivated, I do 7 sit ups a week and walk to the letterbox each day if I need it or not, it takes commitment you cant slacken off lol.
Old 28-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Osian

Standing in front of the mirror naked can be good motivation for some.

Smart goals are a good way of making progress, just make sure they are healthy and realistic. The result is the motivation.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I am motivated, I do 7 sit ups a week and walk to the letterbox each day if I need it or not, it takes commitment you cant slacken off lol.

I should try that walking to the letterbox every day thing--- well my mailbox is a half mile from my house.

Well, to me, I think doing exercise for the enjoyment is the best motivator, and I really do love walking.

Money is also a motivator. Our health insurance at work said they will give us $20 a month if when they measure us on May 23 we below a BMI of 25. I am at about 25.5 - I will get to probably 24 and have fun doing it!

If you want to know your BMI you can divide your weight in pounds by your height in inches squared and multiply the resultant by 703.
Old 25-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Nyananda

I should go back to running, it always makes me feel better. I stopped running ever since I left school, August 10th and started working again. My job is really robbing a lot of my energy. I just feel so exhausted after work... feel sloppy... Tomorrow I FINALLY have a day off, maybe I should lace up my running shoes again after a good night's sleep.
I used to be a streak runner. My motivation was the runner's high I would get from each run, the sensation lasting for hours. I really need to get back into the routine.
Old 18-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Aden

It really works, set your goals first than try your level best to achieve them. Stay motivated and keep moving. Exercise is key of fitness. Don't skip it. It allows you to achieve your fitness goals much faster.