Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 05-12-2011, 02:57 PM
astroboy

Anyone seen Arthur Christmas ?
Good imagination, I would say.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:20 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
Anyone seen Arthur Christmas ?
Good imagination, I would say.

Aardman - our daughter works for 'em - great movie she tells me - I'll be taking a gander when I can.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 PM
midnightstar

I don;t think Christmas has much to do with spirituality, apart from the "peace and goodwill to all men" thing .....
Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
I don;t think Christmas has much to do with spirituality, apart from the "peace and goodwill to all men" thing .....

It's not about spirituality. I wrote about Spiritualism.

As Dr Phil says "Take a look....."
Old 05-12-2011, 06:19 PM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It's not about spirituality. I wrote about Spiritualism.

As Dr Phil says "Take a look....."

I probably misread it then through lack of sleep ..........
Old 05-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Mind's Eye

I grew up believeing in God, Jesus, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny; and none of this got muddled in my head as I got older. I'm fully aware that the Easter Bunny died for my sins on Easter Sunday, Santa Claus will reward me with heaven if I am good all my life... And Jesus comes out of his tomb on groundhog day; and if he doesn't see his shadow, we can count on an early spring.

It's all very simple really...
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
I probably misread it then through lack of sleep ..........

there ya go!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I grew up believeing in God, Jesus, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny; and none of this got muddled in my head as I got older. I'm fully aware that the Easter Bunny died for my sins on Easter Sunday, Santa Claus will reward me with heaven if I am good all my life... And Jesus comes out of his tomb on groundhog day; and if he doesn't see his shadow, we can count on an early spring.

you da man!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye

Straight for the throat.....I'm with you.
To be absolutely truthful,Xmas as a child,I have many happy memories.
Hopefully I will never forget them.
The excitement of waking up on Xmas morning,feeling the rustle of the sock that is now filled with gifts by Santa Clause (mum or dad?)
The cooking of the turkey in the oven,the smell of mince pies cooking.
The fire in the grate,the Xmas tree standing in the corner,twinkling away.

(I want to be a child again..... )
Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Didn't know you were a fellow Spiritualist, Scibat - glad to hear it. I, too, live in a part of the USA where Spiritualism isn't seen much - come to think of it that's just about everywhere here....

Oh, you did notice, didn't you? I was speaking about Spiritualism and not about Christmas....

Really?

Quote:
Christmas is coming and with it comes all the gooey, sentimental tripe, synthetic love, gaudy imported decorations, retail madness and absurd over-idulgence that our western society demands to 'celebrate' Christmas.

You used the word Christmas twice in your first sentence and its in the thread title, so sounds like it was about Christmas to me.