Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-07-2011, 04:47 PM
HallowsEve

Question Unusual first experience..somebody help?!

Hello,

I'm pretty much new to the spiritual side of things, although I've always known I've believed in it. I recently started learning how to see auras and with some practice I saw my cats aura that was pale yellow, then my hands aura which was pale blue, but then something unusual happened.

I was staring at the wall in my bedroom, staring at it in the same way I would to try and see an aura, to try and pick up on any possible entities in the room, and just to see what I could see. After around 6-8 minutes of solid staring and relaxation, the blanket on my bed in front of me which is black had a very strong bright red aura, all around it, I read that objects can have auras but can someone please explain this further to me?

I didn't understand how that could happen, but I still held my gaze and then to the right of me there were white sort of flashes on the wall, a pink orb, and on the left of me a tall (what seemed like a persons figure) that was also red appeared. I've never seen anything like that before in my life so I gasped and instantly snapped out of that state, and then for some reason started crying, I think I was just shocked at what I'd seen.

Can someone please help me out and try and explain to me maybe what happened? Was it a spirit?
Old 23-07-2011, 04:51 PM
MYFIGO

It's pretty un-nerving the first time you experience this. Look for a private message from me.
Old 23-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Experiencer

In my experience, all things have an aura. Human auras are have more complexity. But all physical matter is made from energy and so its all the same stuff. To me it makes sense that all things have an energy signiture or aura. I see these also. It seems to me through the experience of seeing your cat and using this type of vision, you are opening your third eye. I experience much of what you are talking about here with the flashes and those sorts of things.

I'm not surprised at your reaction of crying. Take it slow and easy if you can because it can be extremely overwhelming to begin seeing evidence that there is so much more going on than we were previously aware of. feel free to PM if you'd like.
Old 24-07-2011, 09:26 AM
HallowsEve

Thank you both for your replies to my thread, your help is much appreciated :)
Old 24-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Topology

What I'm kinda curious is, how does one differentiate seeing auras from retinal fatigue? If you start at something for a while, the retina cells get taxed, it's like they stay on perma-fry and when you look away you see an after-image of what you were looking at. Like staring at a light bulb, the element intensity burns itself into the retina temporarily. Similarly with seeing objects. Paint a sheet of paper half white, half black. Stare at the boundary for a while and then immediately shift to the wall, all white, you will see an after-image of the boundary.

When I stare at someone for a while, there is a haze that appears around them, whitish, yellowish, but I've always felt it was more from retinal fatigue than actually seeing auras. I can shift my attention from the input from my eyes to perceiving the inherent noise in the perceptive system itself. I can see pulses make their way up or down my visual field... I don't feel like any of this is "out there" in the world, it is all effects in my perceptive system.

How do i differentiate between seeing auras, and retinal fatigue or the background noise in what is generating the conscious experience? How do I know what it is a real aura of another person?
Old 24-07-2011, 09:52 AM
HallowsEve

Topology,

as I am a beginner to this I am also wondering the same thing... I saw the same pale yellow glow around my cat, but then for my hand it was pale blue. I'm going to try again today with some things outside, trees etc, and see what colours come through.
Old 24-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Experiencer

There is a difference between an after-image and an aura. I see after-images quite a lot, but from my experience these are brighter. Although I suppose it is possible I'm wrong and it could have something to do with the retina because it seems similar. In my experience seeing people, however, it doesn't quite seem to explain why the different colors.
Anyway, over time it's been easy to differentiate the subtle difference.

I find I don't really have to stare for a long time to see what I think are auras, so I don't know about retinal fatigue for me. I have had my eyes checked several times, and paid extra out-of-pocket for retina stuff at the eye doctor because it wasn't covered by insurance at all. So I don't think there's any physical problems with my eyes.

But most curious is that at the time I began seeing them, I experience a lot of other things as well. Many visual but not all. I physically feel a lot in the area of my third eye and my intuition went way up and other things. I also started having astral projections, etc...

But as I have said, I could be wrong about what I'm seeing. Currently, my evaluation is that I am seeing auras, even though it sometimes has been tempting to attribute it to a trick of the eyes.

edit: ohh, and I find when I shift my eye focus, I get an after-image. If I do not I see what I believe is an aura.
Old 30-07-2011, 06:17 AM
lisahey

ah the question of psychology vs spiritual awareness...could be a little of both. topology speaks of tricks i learned about in psychology class. but feel when i have seen an aura it was different then that. really comes down to a matter of perception and personal belief i suppose. cheers!
Old 30-07-2011, 07:36 AM
mattie

Seeing Energy

It’s great that you are experimenting w/ using your new ability to see energy. Be fearless about this.

Auras are the human energy field. Other animals are probably also in the category of having auras. Nonanimal & nonhuman objects also have auras. Tree energy fields are easy & fun to see. More about this in the below link.

Science is discovering that all things are energy packets. Moving past just human auras or even those of living objects (plants), all things have an energy signature, even those that we consider inanimate. Nonphysical energies have an energy signature as well. As you have this ability expand you’ll likely begin to see an energy signature on many other objects. At first this is surprising, but it can get to be something we adjust to fairly quickly.

When we use the part of the brain that is activated w/ seeing energies this puts us in a certain receptive state that is likely consistent w/ making all types of energetic contact. Using your focused intent you likely got in sync w/ being able to see other energies that wouldn’t ordinarily be visible. These are likely members of your spiritual team (guides) who were there for you as you made this first foray into this dimensional awareness. You can always vet these energies to make sure they are benevolent.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

Even when we are trying to have these types of energetic experiences they can be startling when they occur. The crying was a useful energetic release.

Congratulations for being curious about working w/ your energies.

Seeing Energy Fields & Human Auras-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post191409
Old 30-07-2011, 08:16 AM
mattie

Seeing Energy Fields

Seeing energy fields, including human auras is different from an after-image. I have always been able to see an after image & this is completely different than seeing energy signatures which I can also see. Seeing an energy field might take a brief second or 2 to concentrate, but doesn’t take prolonged staring.

An energy field or energy signature is larger than an after image & has a rhythmic pulse to it. One sees it when looking directly at the object, not afterwards when looking away as w/ retinal fatigue or an afterimage.

It is likely that the haze you see around people is an aura.

Attributing others seeing energy to their perception of it or wanting to see it, & this may apply to a very small % of cases, but many see energy. This has been widely discussed. As we expand our consciousness many of the abilities that are called psychic naturally unfold. Seeing energy is one of these.

I suppose one could imagine this, if one was really needy to HAVE to see energy fields, but I’m skeptical that this occurs much. It would take a considerable amount of self delusion to construct this as a visual reality.

Energy fields like auras are only one type of energy that people report seeing. Nonphysical orbs & spirit energies are another. Another is the little sparkles that can sometimes be visible. While I’ve only seen them outside others have reported seeing them inside as well. There can be countless of them (millions) in the air w/ the air seemingly having a depth to it.

I suppose one could stare at an object long enough to tire the eyes sufficiently to see some sort of haze. Stressing the eyes in this manner is probably not very good for the them.

Seeing Energy Fields & Human Auras- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post191409