Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-12-2017, 07:45 AM
Experiencer

the road less traveled

I'm sure many of you remember Scott Peck's classic 'The Road Less Traveled'. Undoubtedly one of the greatest books ever written imo.

One of the teachings, and this is really a major aspect of the road LESS traveled, is that we're often called upon to be most loving when we don't FEEL like loving.

Most people are kind when it's convenient, when they WANT to be. But when they're tempted to 'attack', they do. They attack when they feel like attacking, they attack when they WANT to.

Please understand that I'm not judging anyone. The reason I'm posting this is because it's what I, myself, need to learn, and whether you do or not, the fact is that it's basically the major problem with the world.

It's easy to love when you want to, and it's equally easy to love ONLY when you want to, and to attack whenever you're tempted to. I know because I've lived my life that way.

The world could destroy itself if people keep attacking whenever they want to. Be strong and do the right thing for your own and everyone's sake. Be a light in this dark, crazy world. Love is the answer. Amen.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Master

I try not to give myself grief when I mess up.

I attach someone verbally when I'm in a bad mood or they said something to anger me, usually when they have done it several times in a row while I remained silent previously.

But I try never to say something that I am sorry for later.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53

But I try never to say something that I am sorry for later.

That's wise imo.

It's been said that we should do what feels good. Maybe a better approach would be to do what we feel good ABOUT.

Pleasure lasts a moment, but we have forever to remember our choices.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Master

I've been told I'm an old soul by a psychic. When I was younger I tried and tried to be good but always messed up.

Then one day I said ENOUGH (well, actually I said a very bad word but can't repeat it here )! Now I just love me for the way I am; all my flaws, habits and imperfections.

I don't think advanced souls are perfect. I just think they have learned to roll with the punches and have a deeper understanding of how things work; which gives them a deeper understanding of humankind.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:19 AM
Master
I prefer to honor what I'm feeling and not resist it. If I'm angry, so be it, people are going to know. And that means letting them know as soon as they are stepping on my nerves, not pretending I'm unafflicted and letting them keep pushing my buttons until I explode.

If I am feeling one way, and I force myself to love rather than enjoy what I was feeling, isn't that self-tyranny?

It's like a form of not being OK with how things are.

all that being said, I understand the logic. I just don't see love as some kind of cure all and solution to every problem so my questions are based from that belief.
Old 14-01-2018, 05:29 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Most people are kind when it's convenient, when they WANT to be. But when they're tempted to 'attack', they do. They attack when they feel like attacking, they attack when they WANT to.

I haven't found this to be the case at all. It's true for me, but as for most people, I haven't observed that kind of behavior. If you get on my nerves, oh, you'll know, I might give you the cold shoulder or viciously attack and crush your pride. If I love you, I'll show affection, although this doesn't happen anymore since I stopped having relationships. I'm not kind/benevolent towards people just because, I wonder, do they really think I care that much about them? Giving the benefit of the doubt is overrated, not everyone is your friend.
Old 15-01-2018, 05:20 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
If you get on my nerves, oh, you'll know, I might give you the cold shoulder or viciously attack and crush your pride..

*Reads this, then looks at your cartoon cow avatar picture.*

Just playin.
Old 15-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
*Reads this, then looks at your cartoon cow avatar picture.*

Just playin.

An aside, Nature Grows, apologies for interrupting the thread, but your PM boxes are full. I was trying to reply to you. No other way to get in touch.

Old 15-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
An aside, Nature Grows, apologies for interrupting the thread, but your PM boxes are full. I was trying to reply to you. No other way to get in touch.

Oh sorry Lorelyen , i didn't notice, i made space.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Experiencer
I am walking down the road less traveled as we speak. I am a living paradox.