Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 29-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Sweet :) Thanks, yo! I remember you talking about going to the gym in chat.

I'm a junkie and have a thread called 'it's holistic' which tracked my first three months. A lot of stuff in there about all sorts of physicality and psychology I went through.

It takes girl power, so go hard.
Old 29-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Careful with weight lifting ( females) it will increase your calorie intake, hence eating more. Some people tend to bulk up, rather than achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Just a disclaimer.

I say back to basics, stick to planks and push ups if you want toned and defined arms. I never lift more than 8 pounds on each arm, and focus more on using my own body weight for balance and strength. Of course, no harm if you want to go much higher. Weightlifting for women has become very popular nationwide, and many women love the muscle defined look. All preference..

Lastly, Go Libby!
Old 30-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Deactivated Account

I'm a personal trainer and bodybuilder/athlete.

First of all, gaining muscle increases your metabolism so that you don't get fat... so the more muscle you have the better, you can eat lots and never gain weight. Muscie IS your metabolism. The less muscle you have the easier you will get fat and the slower your metabolism will be. That's why muscular people can eat tons and never get fat.

Plus, women don't have the hormones necessary to get all hulked out like men do. Women can lift heavy and not get bulky. Female bodybuilders take steroids to get huge.

You don't need to heavy weight lift and get into bodybuilding, but if you want to be healthy and strong, you need to lift more than wimpy 10 pounds weights and gain some strength. You won't look anorexic if that's what your striving for, but you will look healthy.

Here is a reasonable routine for women who want superior health and an excellent, strong and fit body.
Do cardio 2-5 times a week, both anaerobic and aerobic, I'd recommend a sport of some kind because sports have both kinds of cardio.

Strength Training 1-2 times a week

Lower Body: Squats and lunges to target the quads, calves and butt.
It's harder for most guys to gain muscle on their lower bodies, but women tend to have bigger muscles in that area and naturally gain weight easier there.
What is hard is to spot reduce the butt muscle. If you're a woman who has bigger thighs and a flat butt, that's pretty much the shape you're stuck with because it's very hard to isolate the butt from the thighs and hammies, since the leg muscles work with every butt exercise there is. So the best one to try to isolate the butt is Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls. It also works the hammies, but it works the butt mostly and leaves the quads out of it.
Also, you can literally just contract the butt muscle itself, that can help firm it up.
To build a curvy figure with rounded hips, do weighted leg lifts each side, approx 20 each with around 30 pounds resting on the side of your leg. That works the hips and outside of the thighs. You can also use the adductor and abducttor machines for that. To work the inside of the thighs without a machine, straddle a swiss ball and squeeze it between your legs, use that as resistance for strengthening that muscle.

A reasonable maintenance goal for women is to lift 20-30 pound dumbells for bicep curls and tricep extensions. Around 12 reps and 2-3 sets each.

Strive to perform at least 15-20 full pushups in a row, at least 2 sets of those. None of those pushups from the knees please.

For the deltoids, only lift around 10-12 pounds because the shoulder muscle is easily torn and not meant to lift a lot. Deltoids are worked with lateral, front and posterior arm raises.

Strive to lift 20-50 pounds with bent over dumbbell raises to work the trapezius.

Then do lat pull downs on the machine. Strive to lift your body weight, or do pull ups if you can to work the lattissiumus dorsi. That should not be hard for skinny women to do, because you won't weigh much. But for example, if you weigh around 200 pounds, then maybe strive to only lift 120-140 pounds for similar results.

Then finish off with core work.
- Do supermans to work the erector spinae. Around 15-20 for 2 sets is fine.

Do planks to work the transverse abdominous. 2 sets for 15 seconds is fine.

Side planks to work the quadratus lumborum. Also 2 sets for 15 seconds.

Then strive to be able to do 100-300 crunches in a few minutes to work the rectus abdominus.

Then do 100-300 oblique crunches or bicycle twists to work the obliques.

Finish with stretching and/or yoga.

That routine will give you the best body ever, and it will boost up your metabolism so you can eat tons and not get fat. You won't be scrawney but you won't be bulky either, you'll look healthy, fit and amazing, and most importantly your body and bones will be healthy and strong.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:08 AM
Master
The way I look at it the body has 6 parts: Legs, abs/obliques, chest, shoulders, arms and back.

It would be pretty hard to work all the muscles in all the parts in one day. I only work one part on a day, and routines are 90 mins to two hours long. That's a 6 day per week routine so it's probably not what most people would do, but if you combine 2 sections on any one day then you train the whole body in 3 days a week. I'd allow a couple of hours to get through each routine.

One girl I like on you tube is Carly Rowena. This one is a good for back with a bit of arms throw in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=SzY7RfQjSZ8 But watch tons of videos and learn proper technique, because you do not want injuries.

The one I like best for learning anatomy is 'Built by science'. These videos explain the body and how muscles and joints work together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOQ2RRP0euE . There is video for every part I specified above.

Boom!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:20 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Sure, I can google and I will. Personal trainer? At some point, maybe. I took weightlifting in high school but do you really think I paid attention? Nah. At the gym right now, I'm planning on doing a full body workout once or twice a week to build muscle then doing my own stuff at home. No idea what I am doing. Just blindly going for all the machines I come across.

I am curious about how much weight to use, when to increase weight, how many sets/reps, when to incorporate cardio, etc. Looking to really tone up arms and grow booty. My quads bulk up fast so I don't want to get them all ripped just the butt.

Any advice? Workouts would be appreciated too!

light weight, lots of reps. heavy weight gives bulk. light weight with lots of reps gives endurance and strength. if you dont feel any kind of resistance by the 10th rep, increase weight. isometrics helps strengthens muscles around your bones. i do full body work outs 3 times a week. as long as you give your body one day of rest in between workouts, you will be fine.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:20 AM
Suspended

Thanks everyone
Old 01-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood
Increase at a gradual pace
And don't follow no pain no gain

If you are hurting yourself
Then you are hurting yourself

Warm up before hand
Stretch afterword

The post workout stretch is very important

Sandalwood is my fav :)
Old 01-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesliketoplay
Any good stretching instructions?

Yoga lol

Look up half pigeon pose after a booty workout. Change your life stuff right there.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm a junkie and have a thread called 'it's holistic' which tracked my first three months. A lot of stuff in there about all sorts of physicality and psychology I went through.

It takes girl power, so go hard.

Sweeet! I'll read it, man.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
I'm a personal trainer and bodybuilder/athlete.

First of all, gaining muscle increases your metabolism so that you don't get fat... so the more muscle you have the better, you can eat lots and never gain weight. Muscie IS your metabolism. The less muscle you have the easier you will get fat and the slower your metabolism will be. That's why muscular people can eat tons and never get fat.

Plus, women don't have the hormones necessary to get all hulked out like men do. Women can lift heavy and not get bulky. Female bodybuilders take steroids to get huge.

You don't need to heavy weight lift and get into bodybuilding, but if you want to be healthy and strong, you need to lift more than wimpy 10 pounds weights and gain some strength. You won't look anorexic if that's what your striving for, but you will look healthy.

Here is a reasonable routine for women who want superior health and an excellent, strong and fit body.
Do cardio 2-5 times a week, both anaerobic and aerobic, I'd recommend a sport of some kind because sports have both kinds of cardio.

Strength Training 1-2 times a week

Lower Body: Squats and lunges to target the quads, calves and butt.
It's harder for most guys to gain muscle on their lower bodies, but women tend to have bigger muscles in that area and naturally gain weight easier there.
What is hard is to spot reduce the butt muscle. If you're a woman who has bigger thighs and a flat butt, that's pretty much the shape you're stuck with because it's very hard to isolate the butt from the thighs and hammies, since the leg muscles work with every butt exercise there is. So the best one to try to isolate the butt is Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls. It also works the hammies, but it works the butt mostly and leaves the quads out of it.
Also, you can literally just contract the butt muscle itself, that can help firm it up.
To build a curvy figure with rounded hips, do weighted leg lifts each side, approx 20 each with around 30 pounds resting on the side of your leg. That works the hips and outside of the thighs. You can also use the adductor and abducttor machines for that. To work the inside of the thighs without a machine, straddle a swiss ball and squeeze it between your legs, use that as resistance for strengthening that muscle.

A reasonable maintenance goal for women is to lift 20-30 pound dumbells for bicep curls and tricep extensions. Around 12 reps and 2-3 sets each.

Strive to perform at least 15-20 full pushups in a row, at least 2 sets of those. None of those pushups from the knees please.

For the deltoids, only lift around 10-12 pounds because the shoulder muscle is easily torn and not meant to lift a lot. Deltoids are worked with lateral, front and posterior arm raises.

Strive to lift 20-50 pounds with bent over dumbbell raises to work the trapezius.

Then do lat pull downs on the machine. Strive to lift your body weight, or do pull ups if you can to work the lattissiumus dorsi. That should not be hard for skinny women to do, because you won't weigh much. But for example, if you weigh around 200 pounds, then maybe strive to only lift 120-140 pounds for similar results.

Then finish off with core work.
- Do supermans to work the erector spinae. Around 15-20 for 2 sets is fine.

Do planks to work the transverse abdominous. 2 sets for 15 seconds is fine.

Side planks to work the quadratus lumborum. Also 2 sets for 15 seconds.

Then strive to be able to do 100-300 crunches in a few minutes to work the rectus abdominus.

Then do 100-300 oblique crunches or bicycle twists to work the obliques.

Finish with stretching and/or yoga.

That routine will give you the best body ever, and it will boost up your metabolism so you can eat tons and not get fat. You won't be scrawney but you won't be bulky either, you'll look healthy, fit and amazing, and most importantly your body and bones will be healthy and strong.

DING! DING! DING!
BIIINGO!!

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Dude, thank you so much. I'll follow this like a religion for a bit lol. How long have you been a personal trainer?