Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-04-2013, 12:18 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
Sorry if that was harmful Mac ... We don't know each other and I just spent 2 years studying the skeptics and they are really hardcore about data. Most of them won't do the work to see for themselves (the only real validation) and nothing I say matters. They have no way to know. So there is a little rawness around the edges. Sure moved through a lot of luggage though.

Look around the forum. A whole lot of claims are made here that cannot be easily substantiated with hard data.

But I do have real data and it is based on 27 years of giving, receiving, and observing treatments in a variety of circumstances. All I can say is that like any art form some are natural, some become quite skilled, and others show up for the job. I am not discounting healers either. To each their own. There is a particular retreat center where massage and variants are served. Out of 20 practitioners there are maybe 3 I can recommend. 1 is top shelf. I only go to this practitioner. It's the same for other healing modalities. I am not a John Chang however. He is a professional healer and one of the best. He is in the top 1% of healers. He is not alone either and I suspect there are a lot of healers out there at many different levels. It is not hard to conceive being in the top 10%. In the end the only real value is what the client receives. The rest is meaningless representation.

Hugs back. Enjoy the day. Nice to get to know a little more about you.

I think we both appreciate one another's positions better now....

Forums may indeed be peppered by unsubstantiated claims and where I see 'em in a field where I have a little understanding, I challenge them. You're not the first by far!

I don't do the skeptics forums any longer - it's too much hard work and usually a futile task.
Old 15-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I think we both appreciate one another's positions better now....

Forums may indeed be peppered by unsubstantiated claims and where I see 'em in a field where I have a little understanding, I challenge them. You're not the first by far!

I don't do the skeptics forums any longer - it's too much hard work and usually a futile task.

I have to be careful to avoid grandstanding though when I look back at the history the claim shows merit. Not always the case though.

In terms of challenging claims I choose to investigate for my own edification. I do not need to own someones information or point of view or force them to become compliant to a higher truth. Who am I to make that call? I can state my experience and let that be what it is. Spiritual work is personal. It evolves uniquely in each case and a flower that remains open grows. If I dig in biological and mental survival may kick in and the flower may elect to shut down. I prefer harmless investigation to hard ball tactics every time.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
MysteriousKiki

How do you open up your communication Awareness with the deceased?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Pinkroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousKiki
How do you open up your communication Awareness with the deceased?

For me, meditation helped quite a bit. Also talk to them. Ask them questions and ask for a specific sign. Then wait and see what comes your way.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 AM
Distortedsoundz

For me, I'm glad that I hired a medium. I struggled and ran from my own abilities since I was a kid, so meeting someone that was like myself helped me open back up, accept myself and come to terms with myself and begin to end the struggle. I got to hear from loved ones that passed, glimpses into my future and helpful information...Clarity.
Personally, I think that real psychics/mediums are great, they often give great advice from the other side and provide answers that people already know inside of themselves that they don't want to come to terms with, to me, that holds more than enough weight, more weight than advice that friends or family can give because it's an unbiased stranger that as a connection to the other side.

I don't charge money, I do quite well with my current profession, but I don't think that anyone that charges money for helping others should be shamed unless you actually know who they are and what their story is, period.
Honestly, it's not always easy because I do find myself being taken advantage of sometimes or having to say no or assert myself with people for ethical reasons. It's not always easy to deny someone who wants/needs your help, and there is quite a bit of pressure involved, so I see nothing unethical in charging or hiring a psychic/medium as long as the person maintais a healthy balance within themselves.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:20 PM
LotusRise

Well I disagree with what some people say about charging money. I see nothing wrong with charging people to share your gift. This also implies there is something wrong with money, when money itself is an energy exchange. There is nothing wrong good or bad about money, that's old outdated thinking, IMHO. I suppose singers should give free concerts.

Anyway... I think of psychic readings now as a "spiritual check-up" of sorts, or like "checking the map" to see where you are right now. I don't remember who it was exactly, so I don't want to give names, but a radio intuitive described it in a way that made a ton of sense to me once. She said that when she looks out into the ethers, and into what's about to occur, it's like she sees energies swirling out there. And if something is strongly on course to happen, there's this vision of "gelled," solid energies out there that has taken on a specific shape and form. And the feeling around it is strong. Whereas, on the other hand, if a client has asked if something's going to happen for them, she may look out there and see bits and pieces of it out there - defragmented, "un-gelled," and a bit transparent. And she may feel the wanting on the client's part, but the momentum behind it is not there, so it has not gelled. Or she may see nothing at all!

So, I think things can "gel" and "un-gel" over time. As Abraham-Hicks says, it literally changes slightly every 17 seconds.

I don't get many psychic readings myself, but when I do now, I take it with the attitude of, first and foremost, a grain of salt. But with the mindset of, "What the psychic is telling me - do I want to make this stronger and put more feeling/expectation into it, or do I want to release my energy from this and let it fade away?" ......As opposed to, "Read me, tell me what's going to happen."