Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Apparently scattered all over the Universes. And Galaxies, and even in other dimensions, and in dark energy and dark matter and in light photons and holy cow, where aren't they (or we)?
Gee and their all the unenlightened ones lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Gee and their all the unenlightened ones lol.

Guess again? Are there really some who are really not enlightened? The light shines in many ways.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Guess again? Are there really some who are really not enlightened? The light shines in many ways.
I was only joking, but yea, we are all pure Consciousness, those who are not Enlightened are also what those who are, but the only difference is that the ones who are, live in that realization, they live with far less ****, and therefore are much more happier.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Experiencer

I agree that the affirmation I Am Christ or I Am God is a very good one. For me this implies that everyone is Christ/God. I like the passage in the bible where Jesus says "Ye are Gods". Maybe self-deification is the ultimate affirmation of God. But some people seem to believe that self-deification is a denial of God.

It seems to me that Jesus may have been experiencing and promoting self deification. This got him into trouble with the religious authorities and led to his crucifixion.

I am only just beginning to learn to come to terms with my own divinity.

Thanks for your interesting post.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Master
Psycholice:

This is not to be offensive but I need to say this:

For the last year I have been studying the history from the most atheist and liberal scholars of the 1st Century and you are flat out wrong.

You keep saying this false information that the stories of Jesus are complied rubbish from many God-men myths. The sad part about it is that the parts you are referring to are out of context. Such as 'virgin birth'. It is actually "virgin conception". First Centuries Jews did not believe that the messiah's mother was a virgin. Many of them in fact believed Matthew and Luke's infancy narratives to be plainly parables that this child, Jesus was miraculously brought into the world. That his life was a miracle- something that rarely happens.

I will say that you hit the nail on the head that the Roman Church began to paganized the entire story over the last 1700 years! I will say you are absolutely right.

But the Gospel that is most historically accurate is Mark's Gospel which has no virgin birth, no God-descending in a woman's womb, no doctrines, no sin stuff, etc. Its about a Nazarene Man becoming the Messiah through his crucifixion and resurrection. Whereas Matthew and Luke is entirely political and purpose for the whole "David" tradition behind the messiah and opposing Roman's Emperor Caesar Augustus- also born of a virgin in myth. And then John's Gospel is entirely mystical. The entire book has nothing said historically but from the theology of John's group of Christians. They compared the divinity in Jesus to the Divinity at the beginning of creation when God said- "Let there be Light".

Let me say that is a perfect metaphor.

Here is what I mean:

In John's Gospel- John the Baptist is called not the light but the one who bore testimony to the light. The Baptist says about Christ- "He is before me because he ranks ahead me!" "He was preferred before me" and "I am not the Christ, I am the Voice crying out in the wilderness!"

What is John's Gospel trying to say? All the characters are pretty much the same and this is why scholars can not stand John's Gospel. But look at it deeper! John the Baptist is basically saying from this interior dialogue -

"The Light existed before Egoic "Me". Jesus is before me because he manifested Christhood before me!" "Jesus was chosen to manifest the Light before me!" "I am not the Light, I am the one bearing testimony to the the Light incarnate in external form!"

John is saying that he could NOT grasp the Light; thus he did not manifest the Light or Christ as Jesus did. How do we know this? because Jesus says- "Greatest among you born of woman is John the Baptist, but least among you is greater than John". Jesus meant that John didn't know how to humble himself to the status of Jesus. John saw God's will as violent revenge. Jesus saw God's will as nonviolent cooperation with humble man. So Jesus and John are both saying that the Christ is not a man but the Light and the light is divine consciousness within us all. But that Light was preferred in that time and age in Jesus of Nazareth because he was the worthy vessel or vehicle.

John the Baptist is the person all religious people are fighting to become. Jesus Christ is the person all spiritual people are working to evolve into.

In John the Baptist, the Christ was unconscious, unmanifest. In Jesus, the Christ was conscious and manifested.

The path is towards deification. I can't believe how many of you are ignorant of the Catholic mystics who always said- "The soul's journey is towards divinization and deification". You are all spiritualists are you not? Why don't you read the deeper truths of Christianity? I feel like I am in a vacuum sometimes on this place.

Deification or divinization only happens when we fully go through the new-birth canal and come out of the womb of God into the full stature of an adult person. This usually requires death and the casting off of human flesh. So I don't think anybody walked the earth as a "divine being". I think this is where the self-deification thing is a problem. It could replace religion for the worst outcome and we may end up replaying the faults of the pagan nations in the past.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Master
Hi Amilius777, that's OK, I don't mind you thinking that I am wrong....but I wont leave a reply, I have stopped replying on the Christian thread, but again thanks for your concern.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Master
Its not you being wrong. I actually agree with a lot of your spiritual messages.

I just don't get how you can overlook so many other aspects of study.

You should read John Dominic Crossan, Bart Ehrman, and perhaps Matthew Fox.

I just feel like people overlook the bigger picture.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Psycholice:

This is not to be offensive but I need to say this:

For the last year I have been studying the history from the most atheist and liberal scholars of the 1st Century and you are flat out wrong.

You keep saying this false information that the stories of Jesus are complied rubbish from many God-men myths. The sad part about it is that the parts you are referring to are out of context. Such as 'virgin birth'. It is actually "virgin conception". First Centuries Jews did not believe that the messiah's mother was a virgin. Many of them in fact believed Matthew and Luke's infancy narratives to be plainly parables that this child, Jesus was miraculously brought into the world. That his life was a miracle- something that rarely happens.
Amilius, be aware that in the Matthew Fox video you posted, he says: "The Christmas story is not history, it's a story. It's not about Jesus; we don't know when Jesus was born." There is more to his comments than that of course. I'm simply commenting to say it's probably best to refrain from believing one definitely knows what's factual and what isn't exactly.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Master
Hey Baile,

I don't know if you misunderstood. I am basically saying that in many ways psycholice is correct on certain parts and is missing the other point. 80% of the Gospels are NOT historically accurate. And thank the Lord on high that they aren't!

All I am trying to say is that before you think the entire story is a revised pagan myth you have the Gospel of Mark which reflects many historical incidences and archaeological findings of the early Church. How is Mark historical if written in 70 AD? 40 years after Christ? because Mark's words come from a missing Q document that is closer to the time of Jesus and which the Ebionites possessed.

If anyone wants to know who Jesus was seen as in his own decade read up on the Ebionites. They are the closet thing to "original Christianity" which is:

Jesus was a First Century Jewish healer-miracle worker who became the Messiah at his baptism and died for the world's injustices on the cross and resurrected into "new life" and was given a throne over the world as cosmic Judge.

The First century Gentile Christians which were adopted by Paul, believed in a mystical Christ who died and resurrected and was some sort of divine being who they never knew historically. Ironically Paul and his audience were closer to the Gnostics and Coptic Gospel of Thomas.

It wasn't until later we got the Gospels: Luke, Matthew, and John where Luke and Matthew created an infancy narrative and John's theology stressed Jesus as a divine being probably influenced by Pauline teachings.

What I wrote doesn't interfere with Matthew Fox. Fox' references the scholar that I love- John Dominic Crossan. In fact Fox is enhancing what I am saying. That there is a historical-spiritual Jesus that was originally emulated by early followers and then there is the mystical-cosmic-Poetic Christ that is NOT history and was added later by many different sects.