Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 11-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Administrator
Most people will feel as though they are not progressing enough especially in the early days,but spirit will only give you what they feel you can cope with at any time.they will not give you what you want,you have heard the saying you need to walk before you can run,the same applies here.
sometimes you do go through a quiet spell,just take it as it comes dont rush it.

Namaste
Old 11-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcook2468
Thank you so much! I will do that now! Any good book ideas??? You all are such a great support system

http://www.gordonhigginson.co.uk/lectures/4534579861 Here's a list to the lectures

Books in reading right now while I'm in an ebb myself

Gordon smith intuitive development on mediumship book
Allan kardec "the spirits book"
Allan kardec "the Mediums book" both are from 1800s but loving the early writings of spiritism
The eagle and the rose by Rosemary altea (spelling?)
Book of psychic symbols - can't remember who writes it it's ok

Really loving Gordon smiths book so simple and really a how to for mediumship it's his intuitive studies series it's really great
Old 12-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcook2468
Hi guys!
I am kind of in a rut and am needing advice or words of wisdom in case others have experienced the same thing.

About 2 months ago I accepted my gifts and started down the path of mediumship. My mentor has been on bed rest and will continue to be until September as I've said in a previous post. She told me to meditate and read until she was ready to start circle back up again and I could attend her classes. I have been doing just that. However, the past few weeks I've felt nothing. Spirit isn't with me as much. I'm clairaudient and I don't hear much. I'm clairvoyant and I don't see much. My life is quiet and it's unsettling because my gifts are my passion they are what make me myself. I don't know what else I should be doing to strengthen my gifts. If anyone knows what to do or has experienced the same thing I would love to hear.

Thanks so much <3

Hello,

There are several channeled Kryon messages about this kind of experience. What is happening to many like you is a transition from old energy reading skills to new energy abilities. What will happen is that when your gifts and abilities return, they will be greatly enhanced. You will have more elevated perceptual experiences when you do readings.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 12-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahill
I've actually done a post on this very thing. Clairs waxing and waning. Your abilities are not gone or going away. Spirit is still very much around. The spirit world tends to back off at times to give us much needed rest. We may be heading towards an advancement in our abilities or may be gaining another. They give us these rests for a number of reasons. They can tone down your primaries so that you can become more attuned with a new one. So I wouldn't be too concerned. Mine do this alot and become so vague but it doesn't take long before I'm down to the letter accurate and some are reluctant to let me read them lol

Just a few weeks ago there were spirits coming at me almost every other day and then bam nothing. The norm for me is one every other month at the soonest and then at times I don't have one for six months. When the onslaught of spirits were coming at me, I grew in my gifts. Now that I have accepted them, I'm resting now. Back to dreaming normal stuff and dealing with the boredom of everyday life.

Sounds like I'm very normal as well.
Old 13-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Knower
Thank you everyone for the excellent info here. Since June, I too feel as if I am walking around wrapped in a curtain of lead - have never felt so disconnected, and this on the heels of what seemed to be an increase in awareness for a time. Made me wonder if I had done something wrong. My instinct tells me this is a period for self care - taking care of the body and mind. It makes sense.
Old 13-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol
Thank you everyone for the excellent info here. Since June, I too feel as if I am walking around wrapped in a curtain of lead - have never felt so disconnected, and this on the heels of what seemed to be an increase in awareness for a time. Made me wonder if I had done something wrong. My instinct tells me this is a period for self care - taking care of the body and mind. It makes sense.
Aha!

Now, let me see if I am getting this right...

We are part of the "Second Wave' of ascension which occurred in May and haven't received our final updates yet.

This period is one of adjustment and attunement to our new state of being an increased awareness.

For a time, we'll feel rather disconnected from the world and a life we once knew, but it will pass when certain astrological conditions are more favourable.

How am I doin?
Old 13-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Knower
I have no idea. Ha ha. It seems to me everyone is ascending, growing spiritually over time regardless of the astrological influences - each at a different rate, different time different path, etc. I am not aware of any kind of global wave, but meh - why not if everything is a web of connective life force? A person can point out just about any experience in their individual earthly life and find a gazillion others going through the same thing. C'est la vie. It's special, and also not at all! I just know I suddenly feel zilch when it comes to an awareness of spirit, but then again I happen to be menopausal. Maybe it's just hormones! Either way, self care sounds like a good plan.
Old 14-06-2016, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol
I have no idea. Ha ha. It seems to me everyone is ascending, growing spiritually over time regardless of the astrological influences - each at a different rate, different time different path, etc. I am not aware of any kind of global wave, but meh - why not if everything is a web of connective life force? A person can point out just about any experience in their individual earthly life and find a gazillion others going through the same thing. C'est la vie. It's special, and also not at all! I just know I suddenly feel zilch when it comes to an awareness of spirit, but then again I happen to be menopausal. Maybe it's just hormones! Either way, self care sounds like a good plan.
I was going through exactly the same thing all last week (I am menopausal as well)..

I was all like...yeah...kundalini?.....riiiight...hot flashes...riiight...back on fire?...riiight....mood swings?...yup...increased sexual urges?...those too...kundalini energy? pffftttt...

I was just about ready to write this whole thing off as just being menopausal symptoms and go back to 'non-spirituality' and hedonism and not giving a toss.

This was my biggest test ever!

It was touch and go there for a while...so hard to tell...

...but something else is happening as a result of it too...things are changing inside...it's not just physical this...and I am able to affect the energies of others as well...I remember feeling such things also at other times in my life, before this when I wasn't menopausal...

Maybe it triggered it off...I had doubts...many doubts in my mind at first, but they all just got totally blown away by many events that have occurred since I said "nah...it's all just menopausal symptoms"...now I know deep in my heart that it's not...it's just coincidental.
Old 14-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Aha!

Now, let me see if I am getting this right...

We are part of the "Second Wave' of ascension which occurred in May and haven't received our final updates yet.

This period is one of adjustment and attunement to our new state of being an increased awareness.

For a time, we'll feel rather disconnected from the world and a life we once knew, but it will pass when certain astrological conditions are more favourable.

How am I doin?

For some reason you sound like a Windows OS update timeline.

This is how I look at most of society today.
Old 14-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simdjs
For some reason you sound like a Windows OS update timeline.
Nah, all the 'Star Children' in various shades of Indigo are starting to rub off endearingly.