Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2007, 03:07 PM
ljepotica

Beeswax and aromatherapy?

Hello all

I've recently re-kindled my interest in aromatherapy and want to make moisturising creams out of essential oils and amongst other ingredients beeswax...

I am wondering where it's possible to buy beeswax in England-I mean I don't want to buy by mail order or by internet ordering but want to buy from a shop myself.

Can anybody tell me what kinds of shops sell beeswax?

I have tried a number of natural health shops but found nothing-unless I'm looking in all the wrong places!?

I was also wondering if whether it's ok to mix some drops of essential oils into a base oil and using oils that way for the body-or is it better to get beeswax or glycerin and other ingredients?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Lots of love,

S xxxx
Old 17-02-2007, 03:54 PM
laughing buddha

hi , I am an aromatherapist. Beeswax is an ingredient that should be added sparingly to creams, it tends to harden quickly and it is not an easy ingredient to work with. You need to have very good ingredients to keep the beeswax balanced so it doesnt get hard in your cream. You should definitely use base oils and add some essential oils to them.
Jojoba, almond, and grapeseed oil are light and you could add your essential oils to them for body oils or face oils. Jojoba is the easiest for your skin to absorb. Grapeseed is a good antioxidant.
avocado and olive oil are very good but they are heavier. If you are interested in making a "cream" why dont you try whipping some shea butter and add your oils to this?
Old 18-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Annushka_uk

I wish I knew where to buy beeswax in the shops but I can't help there sorry.
I do know some good sites for butters, oils and wax. I understand you'd prefer not to buy online but I'll post them anyway in case they may be of interest to anyone.
http://www.akuawood.co.uk/products.shtml
http://www.akamuti.co.uk/ingredients.htm
Old 18-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Moonflower

Hi Ljepotica

I get my beeswax from an old fashioned hardware store you know the type of shop that sells anything to do with household stuff DIY etc. I have a lovely old fashioned shop right accross the road from me that I get mine from it will come in a solid bar & as Laughing Buddha says it is solid in texture happy hunting.

Love Moonflower x
Closed Thread