Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2018, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Is it?
3 questions before saying(or posting) anything.
Is it True?
Is it Kind?
Is it Timely?(I.E Is the person hearing it capable of using it to their advantage at this time.)

That said I feel that some of the posts here do not meet all those criteria..

With Love
Eelco

Yes I do think it is tricky, as what I think of as being right speech might not be considered right by others, it all boils down to intent, that's the only way I can understand it ( at the moment anyway) .
If someone genuinely believes they are using right speech and me/others think it's wrong speech... what then, who is right/wrong ?
Old 18-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Eelco

So much more to say or to clarify.
That said I'll leave you to it.

Have a wonderful time exploring. I enjoyed this thread immensely, but apparently my efforts have caused some grief, and subsequently needed to be moderated.

If I was in any way offensive or dogmatic, I am sorry.
I tried to stay on topic by sharing the way I use the satipatthana in my practices and what insights I derive from that practice.

I received a PM asking me not to moderate other participants in this thread. If I did I am unawares of that fact, And genuinely sorry.

With Love
Eelco
Old 18-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

In all honestly how can we take something at face value that was put down in so many different ways and languages and re written again and again over the span of time. It comes down to many times what "book" you choose fits the path that you want to view.

Unless we go back in time and actually "sit" with those that originated the text we do not know what was put forth. We can feel we do but in all honestly we have no way to know.

I watch so many different Youtube and TV Shows on the topics and I can take something from all the views and then find something that fits to me. From there then at times you can find that "Teacher" you might want to follow their views as your views.

There are so many faiths out there that might well stem from one creation or ideal but its so been broken down over time. Its the same when we go to look at how we feel about a topic we are going to have views that do not fit with others, but to debate that aspect is to pay into EGO of being King of the Mountain.

We look to most countries and well the "King" is a lost thing. We are all born into suffering and born maybe to suffer.

I was watching Morgan Freeman's special about God, and there was this 9 year old boy that was said to be the reincarnation of a Buddha teacher, and he was soon to leave his Mom and Dad to be confined. I was like how sad in this day that an American child would be put forth to do this. When asked what he was he clearly states a BOY first then a teacher second.

Do we so need to attach to something so strongly that we need a human to be a part of that faith connection ? Are we not complete enough in our own being of LIGHT to be whole.

It is said that knowledge is power, but power is too corrupt is it not ? Where does one honestly come to draw the line in the sand and just BE ONE with yourself ?

I have a sleeping Buddha in my front yard, he is well weathered now but well respected by those of that faith that enter my yard. As he is with many faiths in my yard as "oneness".

Lynn

You are correct.
In that respect. There was no argument here..
Have you read the thread? Have you seen what as pointed out?

No one said that the buddha was right or wrong.
What was said imho was that if you want to discuss the foundations of mindfulness as described in the satipatthana sutta We should at least take that sutta and those connected to it as a bases for discussion.

What BT did was point out inconsistencies in Gem's claims of understanding.
Gem took that rather personal and instead of discussing the inconsistencies he started accusing BT of character assassination.

We can argue weteher BT should have stopped her efforts there, But it is my belief that she does so to help people to keep some discernment when it comes to believing what people write on forums.

The comment's I made about posts not discussing buddhism had to do with quote's by Mooji, Krishnamurti and a channeled entity.. I think those have no bases here in terms of pointing to what the Buddha may have ment.
And there are subforums here where these can be discussed in length..

I won't even go to the hickup that happened when half a chat session was posted.
Old 18-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Eelco

I think I did a pretty good job of staying out of speaking my mind about the perceived accusations or whatever. But seeing That I somehow am flagged as one of the people causing injustice in this thread I felt it ok to do so in my previous post.

Might as well chip in when I am being accused anyway.
Strange turn of events.

So someone want to discuss right speech and right action again?
Someone said it was for the best... Well being on the receiving end of it.
I can say it feel like sh*t

Ah well guess I'm a ways to go before enlightenment and cessation right..

What a Joke
Old 18-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Thank you naturesflow, your detailed post made me smile. Firstly, your "subtle feeling mode" is noted. Secondly, if you have no interest in Buddhist teachings (they are not 'my facts'), that is also fine - I said as much earlier on. It is anyone's prerogative as to what they are interested in and that is the beauty of life. I am also not trying to be heard, I am only stating perspectives and sharing authentic teachings, especially against a backdrop of misinformation posited as Buddhism. No-one need listen to me at all, I don't mind lol.

As to specificity, yes, believe it or not, practice "the lived experience" is quite similar to what the Buddha taught, so specificity is part of the picture - as per the Thanissaro Bhikkhu/Buddha citation above - but then again not everyone needs to experience its results and that is fine by me.

Thank you for the chuckle.

BT

I now feel you more real. Thankyou.

I am not laughing at you about this, but I can smile at your chuckle all the same..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
I think I did a pretty good job of staying out of speaking my mind about the perceived accusations or whatever. But seeing That I somehow am flagged as one of the people causing injustice in this thread I felt it ok to do so in my previous post.

Might as well chip in when I am being accused anyway.
Strange turn of events.

So someone want to discuss right speech and right action again?
Someone said it was for the best... Well being on the receiving end of it.
I can say it feel like sh*t

Ah well guess I'm a ways to go before enlightenment and cessation right..

What a Joke

Are you taking this personal? I wouldn't if I was you but it is up to you.

As my teacher once told me. Suck it up princess. I was mortified by this, but gee it gave me a boost to push through those boundaries I placed over my personal reactiveness.

It is good your expressing your feelings all the same. It is a nice change.

Just remember that the admin call the shots when it comes to the bigger cause here. I have learned to listen and take on board their offerings in the past and it helped me to work through these kind of reactions.

Your not the first all the same.

Many have done this very thing.

Big hug for you s h I t feeling.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Eelco

Well As I said I recieved a PM from an admin I should stop moderating members participating in this thread.

How is that not personal?
Old 18-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Well As I said I recieved a PM from an admin I should stop moderating members participating in this thread.

How is that not personal?

Its all about the feel level, so if your feeling this fully and not entertaining your reactive mind, wouldn't you have let it go by now?

We are in a Buddhist thread, are you not familiar with the mind and feelings and how both can attach and make you linger longer than necessary is what I am trying to convey?

Sometimes I find when I am wrongfully blamed for something, which funny enough came up through this thread. I look at my own intention and know in my own heart and awareness what my truth is. So if you believe something as not true, why don't you focus on "I know my truth" instead. Its not about telling anyone else is it?

Old 18-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Master
I mean you don't have to prove your truth.

I am not looking into this and judging you or anyone else. I am always conscious of my own practice in how I am in Buddhist threads. It doesn't make sense to me that people are reacting when most should know reaction leads to difficulty in attaining, equanimity and peace.

Old 18-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Are you taking this personal?

Suck it up princess.

Big hug for you s h I t feeling.

Thanks for the Hugg.

As for sucking it up.
I suck up a lot when people point out my faults.(Believe me I have plenty)
This one just surprised me.

There aren't many spiritual subjects I am interested in any more these days.
This was one of the view I feel deeply about, because after nearly 25 years of spiritual searching I find Vipassana as a practice so far is one of the few that delivers what the noble ones say it will.

Being asked to stop harrasing people, when I as unaware of the fact that I did so confuses me to a degree I may as well stop participating here. This is just a forum with people hiding behind the bits they choose to send out in cyberspace. It isn't real. But seeing the way I cling to it and subsequently suffer from it. I'll just take my own advice and leave you to it..

Clinging to suffering as I do. I am not able to leave it behind all together yet so use the remainder of what this stirred up to clarify myself and post a little more from what it does to me...

That will subside and then I am off to other endevours.

With Love
Eelco
Closed Thread