Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Jeremy,

Your understanding of Tibetan Buddhism is insulting and racist.

I only see both the truth and facts. And my telling is honesty and sincerity without prejudice of any kind. So before you introduce or learn any piece of practice you should make sure what is it belonging but not swallow or rote all you can then waiting for regret and for you to suffer later. That's Buddha's teaching.

And then you'll trying to introduce of kundalini energy and then going on to bliss stuffs and then continue to Hinduism of yogis chakras practice and on and on . Then it isn't Buddhism but Hinduism practice.

So far what I can see is that much for your understanding. And misleading Buddhism to other believes. You've done it again and again on Buddhism thread. And you can always go to Hinduism sub-forum to telling your concept of personal experience of Jeff teaching.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 28-11-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 28-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Master
Tantra.

"It is in DN 16:*
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka*... .vaji.html
32. Thus spoke the Venerable Ananda, but the Blessed One answered him, saying: "What more does the community of bhikkhus expect from me, Ananda? I have set forth the Dhamma without making any distinction of esoteric and exoteric doctrine; there is nothing, Ananda, with regard to the teachings that the Tathagata holds to the last with the closed fist of a teacher who keeps some things back. Whosoever may think that it is he who should lead the community of bhikkhus, or that the community depends upon him, it is such a one that would have to give last instructions respecting them. But, Ananda, the Tathagata has no such idea as that it is he who should lead the community of bhikkhus, or that the community depends upon him. So what instructions should he have to give respecting the community of bhikkhus?"
Old 28-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Master
Esoterism is the idea that some spiritual teachings should be kept secret from the majority and only be revealed to a select few. The Upaniùads, which were composed around the time of the Buddha, were secret teachings only made available to high caste people who pledged total loyalty to the teacher. Even in Tibetan Buddhism or Vajrayana, some teachings are reserved only to those who have been initiated. The idea that the Dhamma should be restricted to or monopolized by an ‘in-group’ was repugnant to the Buddha. He perceived the truths he taught as being understandable to all, relevant to all and applicable to all. On one occasion he said, ‘Three things shine openly, not in secret. What three? The orb of the moon, the orb of the sun and the Dhamma and discipline taught by the Tathàgata’ (Anguttara Nikaya I. 283). He reiterated this same point just before his final passing when he said; ‘I have proclaimed the Dhamma without any idea of a hidden and open teaching. I do not have the closed fist of the teacher who holds anything back’ (Digha Nikaya II. 100).
Old 28-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
I only see both the truth and facts. And my telling is honesty and sincerity without prejudice of any kind. So before you introduce or learn any piece of practice you should make sure what is it belonging but not swallow or rote all you can then waiting for regret to suffer. That's Buddha's teaching.

And then introducing of kundalini energy and then going on to bliss stuffs and then continue to Hinduism of yogis chakras practice and on and on . Then it isn't Buddhism but Hinduism practice.

So far what I can see is that much for your understanding. And misleading Buddhism to other believes.

I agree with you Jeremy, it isn't what the Buddha taught.
Old 28-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Master
Padmasambhava...

Padmasambhava had five major female tantric companions, the so-called 'Five Wisdon Dakinis' (Wylie: Ye-shes mKha-'gro lnga) or 'Five Consorts.' In Padmasambhava's biography - they are described as the five women "who had access to the master's heart", and practiced secret sexual tantric rites which are considered to have exorcised the previous demons of Tibet and converted them into protectors of the country.' They were: Mandarava of Zahor - the emanation of Vajravarahi's Body; Belwong Kalasiddhi of (North-West) India - the emanation of Vajravarahi's Quality, Belmo Sakya Devi of Nepal; the emanation of Vajravarahi's Mind, Yeshe Tsogyal of Tibet; the emanation of Vajravarahi's Speech and Mangala or Tashi Kyedren of "the Himalayas" - the emanation of Vajravarahi's Activity.

Doesn't sound like he followed the Buddha's teachings.....
Old 28-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I agree with you Jeremy, it isn't what the Buddha taught.

Sky,

You've been here with us to discuss this event over and over again. So you also knowing the truth but not jonesboy. That's why he likes to misleading Buddhism to Hinduism. And the name of Tibetan Buddhism is messed up by it as Buddhism but it's not. It's between Hinduism and Buddhism but more to Hinduism, about more than 80% are learning and practicing of Hinduism.
Old 29-11-2017, 12:59 AM
Administrator
This is a genuine quote from the Buddhist scriptures. It’s from the Samyutta Nikaya.

“I do not dispute with the world; rather it is the world that disputes with me.” The Buddha

in attachment see suffering.
Old 29-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Suspended
Ascender

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...62#post1667362
Old 29-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Master
So much hate for Buddhist teachings.

So sad really.
Old 29-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Master
Do you all find this to be silly and non Buddhist also?

Quote:
The order of the planes are found in various discourses of the Gautama Buddha in the Sutta Pitaka. For example, in the Saleyyaka Sutta of the Majjhima Nikaya the Buddha mentioned the planes above the human plane in ascending order. In several suttas in the Anguttara Nikaya, the Buddha described the causes of rebirth in these planes in the same order. In Buddhism, the devas are not immortal gods that play a creative role in the cosmic process. They are simply elevated beings who had been reborn in the celestial planes as a result of their words, thoughts, and actions. Usually, they are just as much in bondage to delusion and desire as human beings, and as in need of guidance from the Enlightened One. The Buddha is the "teacher of devas and humans (satthadevamanussanam). The devas came to visit the Buddha in the night. The Devatasamyutta and the Devaputtasamyutta of the Samyutta Nikaya gives a record of their conversations. The devaputtas are young devas newly arisen in heavenly planes, and devatas are mature deities.

There are more than 10,000 crore (100 billion) solar systems in our Galaxy, and more than 10,000 crore (100 billion) galaxies in our Universe. There are many Universes in space. Past and future lives may occur on other planets. The data for the 31 planes of existence in samsara are compiled from the Majjhima Nikaya, Anguttara Nikaya, Samyutta Nikaya, Digha Nikaya, Khuddaka Nikaya, and others. The 31 planes of existence can be perceived by a Buddha's Divine eye (dibbacakkhu) and some of his awakened disciples through the development of jhana meditation. According to the suttas, a Buddha can access all these planes and know all his past lives as well as those of other beings.

In the Maha-Saccaka Sutta of the Majjhima Nikaya of the Pali Canon, Gautama Buddha said:

When the mind was thus concentrated, purified, bright, unblemished, rid of defilement, pliant, malleable, steady, & attained to imperturbability, I directed it to the knowledge of the passing away & reappearance of beings. I saw — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — beings passing away & re-appearing, and I discerned how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma: 'These beings — who were endowed with bad conduct of body, speech, & mind, who reviled the noble ones, held wrong views and undertook actions under the influence of wrong views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the plane of deprivation, the bad destination, the lower realms, in hell. But these beings — who were endowed with good conduct of body, speech & mind, who did not revile the noble ones, who held right views and undertook actions under the influence of right views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the good destinations, in the heavenly world.' Thus — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — I saw beings passing away & re-appearing, and I discerned how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma.

In the Itivuttaka edition of the Khuddaka Nikaya and in the Māpuññabhāyi Sutta of the Anguttara Nikaya, the Buddha told about his past lives:

Whenever the eon contracted I reached the "Plane of Streaming Radiance", and when the eon expanded I arose in an empty divine mansion. And there I was Brahma, the great Brahma, the unvanquished victor, the all-seeing, the all-powerful. Thirty-six times I was Sakka, ruler of the devas. And many hundreds of times I was a wheel-turning monarch, righteous, a king of righteousness, conqueror of the four regions of the earth, maintaining stability in the land, in possession of the seven treasures.

Also, is not the Buddha's description of the pure mind not in line with the OP?

Yes it is....

Are these teachings hidden or is it more that you are just not aware of them?