Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 26-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Humanitarian Crises in Puerto Rico

Some articles on the insight and devastation that has occurred in Puerto Rico. As of right now, 60% of the country doesn't have access to clean water( to drink). Their agriculture is wiped out and so are their crops and many farm animals. All gone.

With a heavy heart, I am just trying to raise awareness . If you want to share links or articles, please do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/u...pgtype=article

Puerto Rico's agriculture decimated

New York Times Twitter feed/Latest Headlines
https://twitter.com/i/moments/912721617083617286

Update: I see you can donate to GoFUnd me accounts. I won't post links as it's not allowed, but something to consider if you want to give but dont want your donation to go to big corporation fees.
Old 26-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Master
They've been on my mind, too.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Old 26-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks Silver. I know it can be overwhelming to focus on these types of world events that are happening everywhere and I try not to give attention to them but what has happened in the Caribbean this past month has been so catastrophic. Today I saw a photo that showed a lot of horses that died during the storm, its like ugh, so disheartening/heartbreaking. Really, this could happy to anyone and a crises could happen anywhere. So yeah, my heart goes out to Puerto Rico and everyone who is suffering through these very challenging and difficult times.

Wish there was more (I) we can do?...
Old 26-09-2017, 10:54 PM
Master
I was absent when it happened and didn't know about it until i came back to the states. Someone mentioned it to me at the airport but i thought they were talking about Hurricane Irma. Then my mom mentioned it to me saying another hurricane hit and they may be six months without power. I was pretty shocked. Everyone i know seems to be ok so far. We'll see what happens in a few months from now.

I also heard an attack on London and a major earthquake in Mexico happened during my absence.
Old 27-09-2017, 01:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Ocean, I hope your extended family is okay and safe.

I was happy to see the US is finally sending their hospital cruise ship to start helping injured and debilitated folk, however, disappointed they acted slower. Our area here in Florida was without power for 5-6 days ( no major devastation) and It is the most psychological mind screw. I feel for these people because there won't be power restoration for months nor feasibility to make a living for a very long time. Article: Battered Puerto Rico Hospitals on Life support Their Mayor, Carmen Yulin Cruz has been pretty amazing and working hard with the community in getting her message out. Article

Time article, 12 ways to help Puerto Rico

Another really great charity to donate to is The Salvation Army, they are also government aided. They are known to really take care of their communities.
Old 27-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Master
It is sooo bad in Puerto Rico right now....But at least the Feds have got it together.....The President declared it a disaster area the very next morning and immediately mobilized FEMA

They've shipped in more than 1 million tons of fresh water already and several container ships loaded with prepared food and hundreds of disaster teams are on the ground getting it all out to the people.....and more ships on the way.

Remember...its an island. you can't just drive trucks there so it can take a little time to get stuff where it needs to go....but all in all the Feds are doing a good job of it!

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes in my life like that....it's no fun at all but with all the relief coming in they'll make it!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 27-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Master
Thanks Lucky for that update - and the bit about it's an island, and can't just drive there! But still...these are modern times.

I'm glad they're getting the basics / water and food - but the rebuilding seems like it might be a nightmare. I don't travel like, at all, but still don't people vacation there?

Old 27-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Guide
Thank you for the update. I've been thinking of them this entire time. I really hope peace comes their way soon. I'll pray for them tonight before I go to bed.

I'm glad to know that their getting water and food though. So that's than the important thing.
Old 27-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
. I don't travel like, at all, but still don't people vacation there?

I've been to Puerto Rico tons of times!!!.. I've been all over the Caribbean.

It always amazes me how many people don't even know that its a U.S territory!!!

The great thing about vacationing in Puerto Rico is that since its a U.S possession....all the airlines fly there really cheap and you don't even need a passport!!

And of course its a beautiful island in the Caribbean so its a lovely place to go vacation...and since my wife and I speak fluent Spanish (my wife is Latina)....we just kinda fit right in!

A really fun thing to do if you're into outdoorsy stuff is zip-lining...they've got some awesome zip-lining sites there!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 27-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Master
I knew it was part of the U.S., but since I don't travel, wasn't sure if it was a vacation spot or not - was pretty sure it was...I did read an article that said it took Trump at least 5 days to even respond and declare disaster. But I have a strong feeling it will be rebuilt fast because of its popularity and helps keep our dollars circulating at 'home.' I'd love to go.