Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Even a few hrs away from technology you could feel your soul start to heal. Even holding a book in your hand or doing something creative with your own hands everything starts coming together.

There's truth to that. I agree.

I feel as if there's something "fake-ish" about the internet, but that might be a personal opinion.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:38 AM
Master
Hello,

The Internet has its plus and minus.

Can connect with people from all over the globe.
Sometimes need to be cautious as to what information I place with in this form of communication.

Bussiness can be a bit cold. No longer have to have interactions with sales clerks, if preferred. Just click an order and it gets sent.

Some things like a good hot cup of coffee or freshly made pastries are not so easy to obtain on the net.

The face to face interactions of meeting up at the favorite hang out, now seems to be replaced some what by ones favorite social sight or forum. Still interactions, but at a different flow.

The world becomes a screen with boarders and limited. Before the Internet looked upon the wide open space.

Before the Internet had to take my car to a garage to get it fixed. After the Internet, have to take my car to a garage to get it fixed.lol
Some things have not changed much.

Like any tool one needs to be smart about using it.
Once thieves got carbon copies of credit card numbers, now they can hack a sight and get thousands and more.

Such is progress. Some good, some bad, some yet to be discovered.
Old 16-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Master

I remember seeing the net in '95 and been online ever since

My feeling is tinged with disappointment. The true potential of it has not quite been realised. There is a lot of talk, not so much communication.
Facebook, twitter, etc are ****. They provide no scope for true communication and are designed that way.
It's odd because with billions of people on-line you can still feel lonely while on the net. That just seems crazy
Old 10-03-2018, 04:27 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't like Internet... nothing nothing
Old 08-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Knower
I feel that the internet is just a tool. Up until 10 years ago I had never been on a computer mostly as I did not agree with it. Unfortunately society forces us to use one. I still have a funny view of it.

I believe the internet has taken away many social communication skills, many people choosing to become almost solitary with there computer life.

I personally come on these forums when I have time as I am so busy. I also do work on my own website but I still keep the majority of my life "real", by that I mean not behind a computer screen.

I just think its gone too far...go outside,meet people socially face to face, get a life outside of the internet is my advice for anyone struggling because of it.

Of course there is also the other side of the coin when the internet is a life line for people such as disabilities both mental and Physical, the sharing of knowledge etc .....so its not all bad.