Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Knower

Where to get true bornite? Obsidian?

Peacock ore is generic name for catch all copper/iron-sulfuric minerals so will not refer to it since been looking for true bornite minerals. Ebay is full of common chalcopyrite that been acid treated to bring out colorful peacock effect.

Do anyone know a seller to buy true bornite? I already have chalcopyrite but meta-psychical properties is different between two. I have not seen both that is named correctly that are both acid-treated so how to tell both apart? What about natural tarnished effect either?

Also I have trouble with telling apart from true black obsidian that are natural or fake black glass on ebay as well otherwise apart from other obsidian with inclusions. Any solution for this? Reason for this need a large black obsidian made this harder to know is true one.

There are many that pass off using black glass or obsidian as black tourmaline too.

Cheers, stonecollection
Old 26-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Hello

Honestly the only way to tell is to see it in the flesh, where you can take a magnification glass and see the grains. For this at times you will need a higher quality viewer.

I have picked up stones at many different places like second hand stores, yard sales, and even shops and some have not been what I thought they were. The key is to not over pay for anything.

I have nerve ordered a crystal on line, I am wary of what I might get.

Lynn
Old 27-12-2017, 05:22 AM
Knower

I wish real crystals/stones/gems were like Shungite that is a conductor of electrical current. Use an ohm meter and touch one probe on one end of Shungite and the other probe touching another position on the stone. The meter should peg out to show there is a direct current field. If it doesn't then the Shungite you have is a fakery.

I recently read that many gems and crystals are dyed to add the colors to the stones. Some I would think that would be hard to do. I read that the circles in Moldevite should be oblong naturally and if they are more dot circular then that is signs of man made Moldevite. Moldevite is expensive and that could be the reason for many fakes being made.
Old 28-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Knower

Funny said that about ohm test (litreally almost like OM, LOL), I worked as electronic repair guy for a business and long before that as hobby repairing anything. I know that shungite is nearly all carbon and with use they dulls to dull finish and i do have a piece of this for awhile and did ohm check on it and did register some resistance.

chalcopyrite in real looks like golden metallic tinge to it but often soaked in acid to bring out colorful look, true bornite is brown when fresh and tarnishes to dull iridescent look but I have not seen a proven where one did acid dip of bornite. Not yet proven yet to my eyes till I know for true. I was trying to obtain bornite.

Was specifically talking about true obsidian to buy also, need one in large piece. Question is could one obtain silver or gold sheen in place of black obsidian and have same meta-psychical/healing properties as black obsidian? Also how common black obsidian are or is not that much out there?

Cheers, stonecollector
Old 05-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Knower

Will do a streak test for color match once bornite arrives in the mail. This is rubbed onto piece of black or white unglazed ceramic so I know this is not chalcopyrite. Rock hounds do this routinely to identify crystals and minerals.

Now onto black obsidian question how to know and obtain real one.

Cheers, stonecollector