Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 02-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Ascender
Bunny Leaving Your Love Life to the Universe

Today at least for me it feels better to leave my love life to the universe to work out.......
Old 04-10-2018, 07:26 AM
Lorelyen

I hope you won't mind me saying this but that's a bit of a cop-out in one way or another. Your claim is that you're happier being cast on the universe's seas of fate than make any effort yourself? I ask myself why?

Is it because, should something go wrong you can claim it isn't your fault? (I reflect on cases in court when something nasty has happened and the defendant declares "God told me to do it." Or "These voices told me to do it." and the culprit is usually put under psychiatric care in a secure unit.

What makes you think that the universe (God, if seen as an external entity) can personally look after your love-life?
Old 05-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I hope you won't mind me saying this but that's a bit of a cop-out in one way or another. Your claim is that you're happier being cast on the universe's seas of fate than make any effort yourself? I ask myself why?

Is it because, should something go wrong you can claim it isn't your fault? (I reflect on cases in court when something nasty has happened and the defendant declares "God told me to do it." Or "These voices told me to do it." and the culprit is usually put under psychiatric care in a secure unit.

What makes you think that the universe (God, if seen as an external entity) can personally look after your love-life?

I hear what you're saying Lorelyen, spirituality can be used as a way of bypassing responsibility for your journey. The way I see it is though, that surrendering a situation (like your love life) after having so much effort and pain through trying that it's best left to spirit. I think we have a co responsibility here, we are here to action our lives but with spirit. I think sometimes we need to allow things space to develop naturally, and sometimes that means not doing anything, ya know?
Old 05-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Master
I would say leaving your lovelife to the universe, fate, etc is how it happens, actually. Suddenly out of the blue you meet someone, and it happens like magic. These types of soul-meetings cannot be consciously planned out, they are gifts from the spirit source. Karmic destiny and/or karmic contracts I would say.

Now, leaving the success of a current relationship to the universe... not so much. Successful relationships require conscious input. If things are at the point where you are leaving the success or failure of your current relationship to the universe, then it's time to go ahead and pull the plug on it.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:39 AM
Suspended
Guide
Wow....this thread made my heart hurt.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I would say leaving your lovelife to the universe, fate, etc is how it happens, actually. Suddenly out of the blue you meet someone, and it happens like magic...

Now, leaving the success of a current relationship to the universe... not so much. Successful relationships require conscious input.

This. Pretty much in a nutshell. When in a relationship, it takes conscious work but before that, obsessing over the 5 W's is not a fun way to spend your time.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:28 AM
Suspended

Last edited by Nature Grows : 06-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Master

I tried to find someone to share my life with for years and had no lasting success. When I finally gave up and just started living my life I found the love of my life. He just kinda fell into my lap.

If it's meant to be it will happen regardless of what you do or do not do.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:16 AM
Ascender
This is more of a knowing that the universe knows whet I want. So running around in circles in my head or physically trying to set up or force the relationship I want is futile. The universe. Can and will help me rendezvous with a good matching partner and situation if I just let the whole drama go for now.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:25 AM
Master
I left my love life to the universe...until the universe said "why do you need anybody else when you have me?" ...and the universe can be very possessive...As universes tend to be....