Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Low radiation smartphone??

Hey all, I want to buy a smartphone - never had one before - and wondered if anyone knows any that they find are particularly low radiation? I've looked online and seen what phones have a low SAR, but also read that SAR is actually a very small contributor to the overall radiation a phone gives out. I was pretty much thinking of going into a shop and just asking to hold quite a few of the phones (a bit awkward as they're always behind a glass case) and see how I react to them, but if someone has any thoughts on phones they've found to be low radiation that would be wonderful

Thanks!
Daniel
Old 18-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnetsah
Hey all, I want to buy a smartphone - never had one before - and wondered if anyone knows any that they find are particularly low radiation? I've looked online and seen what phones have a low SAR, but also read that SAR is actually a very small contributor to the overall radiation a phone gives out. I was pretty much thinking of going into a shop and just asking to hold quite a few of the phones (a bit awkward as they're always behind a glass case) and see how I react to them, but if someone has any thoughts on phones they've found to be low radiation that would be wonderful

Thanks!
Daniel

RF radiation of handheld devices is limited by Federal law to less than half of one watt output....most are much less than that.

The thing to remember about such radiation is that it falls off as an inverse square of the distance......
In other words......holding it at 10 inches from you is not 10X less RF density.....it's 100X less.

What this means to me is I don't keep mine near my body unless I'm using it.

You can also use an ear piece with a mike that allows you to use the phone without holding it up against your head.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 19-11-2018, 09:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnetsah

Thanks!
Daniel
Most of the visible light radiation comes from the screen. Obviously in general smart phones have bigger screens and thus emit more light. The only know problem this causes relates to too much blue light late at night interferes with sleep in sensitive people. So, in this regard, smaller screens have less visible spectrum radiation. Or of course you could just turn the brightness down.

The more 'concerning' type of radiation are microwaves. A vast majority of this comes from the antenna (used to send signals to and from the cell towers).

For phone calls, there is virtually no difference between phones in this regard because basic cell phone technology automatically adjusts the power level high enough to reach the nearest tower but not any higher as that would waste battery energy. So smart phones emit no more or no less microwave energy than dumb ones. The best way to mitigate this is to use a wired earbud and hold the phone some distance from your head. Note that Bluetooth technology does not help with this as it uses very similar microwave frequencies as the cell signal from the antenna.

Smart phones add new 'data' features over dumb ones and thus are transmitting microwaves a lot more of the time than dumb ones for purposes other than making phone calls. However, these new features are for the most part done while holding the phone away from your body so you can see the screen so there is minimal impact. As to variation between phones this again is related to screen size. The difference is small as most data is not stuff that is displayed. When you get an Email, Picture, or navigation directions your phone is sent the same amount of data to any phone. Sometimes videos/movies are pre-scaled to the size of your screen so a bigger screened phone might receive more data while watching it.

The bottom line is that phones don't vary that much in how much radiation they give off. What matters is how much you use the phone and how close it is to your body when doing so. Personally i wouldn't worry about the minor differences in energy given off between models. What will help is to get one that efficiently does what you need it to do, and thus you will spend less time using it.
Old 15-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Master
I have lived without a cell phone for a few years now, and we also don't have wi-fi in the house. My fiance had everything hardwired when I moved in. He has a landline phone (with a company called obi I think that costs like $100 one time to use it for life) that is connected online to google voice, so he can text and such there. However I don't have an active social life so I can't say that these methods will necessarily work for you. It is possible you could examine how dependent you are on the phone though and see what you mostly use it for and how much you need one.

My fiance has a tablet that was issued from his work (sells ADT security systems) and it doesn't need wi-fi or bluetooth or anything like that on to work. though he mostly just uses it while on the road as a cell phone replacement. I really don't know a lot about technology and what all is involved in certain cell or tablet service, so I am not sure if you can get something similar without having wi-fi and such on, but it is probably the best option if you feel you need to have a mobile device. of course any electronic including a hard-wired computer is giving off radiation, but it is the wi-fi and bluetooth and those sort of things that make it much, much worse.

Just don't keep the phone or whatever near you when you're not needing it, and keep it completely off or in airplane mode. try not to have it in the same room with you when you sleep. all of those things will make the biggest difference, no matter what model you have to get. there are also some anti-radiation things that you might want to look into. crystals/rocks such as shungite and tourmaline which have proven anti-radiation properties. You could just keep some near your phone or you when you have it, or there are companies which make little magnets and charms and whatnot to add to your phone. I mean honestly, even wrapping a stem of herb around or hanging from your phone should help mitigate some of the radiation lol, though probably not to the degree you'd hope for. but nature gives off negative ions which are good, and pollutive artificial things like electronics and such technology create positive ions, which are toxic and depleting to life. so the more nature you get in and around you, the better you will be able to deal with radiation and potentially heal yourself from its damage. it really is as simple as that, though it's better to allow as little radiation into or around ourselves as possible. it's very tough in this world today.. even if we don't have wi-fi or a cell phone we are still in the grid of others' and the towers and all the insanity out there. just protect and keep yourself as pure as you can, and counteract the damage done from what you can't control with extra dosage of nature and goodness.