Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Master

I would like to cut an paste something I posted on another thread

I would like to offer several suggestions. First about 12 step programs. I have very mixed feelings about them. They are great in the beginning in order to admit to yourself that you are addicted and to get support and help from others in the same boat until you are able to get to the point where the addiction is no longer controlling you. That said, I do not like the fact that they insist you are an addict for life. This fosters dependency and addiction on the 12 step process and the group instead of true healing.

I find that addictions are in most cases symptoms of some other negative belief processes/past hurts going on within that need to be faced, addressed and cleansed. Use whatever spiritual process that suits you to address the negative beliefs/past hurts within. Let me know if you have any specific questions on what processes to use and I will be glad to offer you some. I would also use affirmations e.g. "My being is filled with natural, spiritually enlightened urges based on love and alignment with the source". Spiritual enlightenment is about uncovering, facing and dissolving those negative energies within so that one can align with the light, it also happens to heal addictions.

I used to be a cigarette/nicotine addict and utilized "nicotine anonymous" for a while but then realized that I had to heal deeper things within in order to truly address and heal my addiction. After pursuing and implementing my spiritual healing, I was able to get to a point where I can now say I am no longer a nicotine addict and will never be tempted or crave that again. That negative energy is no longer a part of my being and will never be again. I have had people offer me cigs and smoke in front of me and no longer feel a longing or temptation at all. Going to a 12 step program at this point would be backsliding and truly counterproductive for me. I am not saying you should stop the 12 step program, use it as the tool that it is for as long as you need but also use your discernment instead of accepting everything they say as ultimate absolute truth. In the meantime forge your own unique personalized healing spiritual path with the assistance of source, books, the forum etc.