Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Skye

A Christmas Seance

A Christmas Reading as described by Hannen Swaffer.

The Christmas tree sittings have to be experienced to be realised. What joy it is to hear the little ones from the other side of life exclaim in wonderment when they see the huge tree laden with toys of every description.

Belle had invited nearly forty people to attend a direct voice séance at which there was a big tree, covered with toys. They had been sent – over three hundred of them – from all over the country, many of them for spirit children whose names were given. Others came from former sitters of Mrs Perriman, or people who had been helped. A huge doll was sent to Belle by someone overseas.
It is hard for non-Spiritualists to understand, but these toys, sent after the party to poor children living in London slums, have astral counterparts which are taken back to the Other World by the “dead” children to whom they are first given.

For over two hours, we sat listening to the voices of more than fifty children, who all inspected the tree, chose their various toys – yes, and played with them. Indeed, when the séance was over, the great mass of toys grouped around the tree was scattered in violent disarray.

Sometimes we heard a toy trumpet blown, “I am blowing two at once,” said one of the child voices.
We heard little ones arguing about which fairy doll they could have. Boy after boy said “I want a motor car.”

One remarkable feature of the séance was the great difference in the spirit voices. There were some who spoke with a broad Scots accent. There were Lancashire voices, Cockney tones, and all sorts.

When I heard one voice, that of little David Evans, I said “I remember you. You came last year.”
Remembering me David carried on quite a long conversation. He came from the valleys, he said, and when I said I had recently been down South Wales he corrected my pronunciation of Bargoed and two or three other towns which I could neither spell nor pronounce.

Mrs Leonard’s Freda turned up, Mrs Duncan’s Peggy, and also Jimmy Sparrow, from Lady Caillard’S home circle.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, too spoke, and gave me a special message. “There are many of my old friends who have come to the spirit world lately, many rejoicing. Some have got to extend in some ways. When I tried to tell them about survival, years ago, they would not listen”

Walter Coulhard said “Do you realise you have taken part in a great occasion? There have been children from the other side of life here, amidst surroundings of joy. They have come to you in their innocence and love, bringing with them peace and understanding, taking away with them memories. They will have replicas of these toys for their joy in the Other World. Remember, every toy has been claimed by spirit children who have been present, both in this room and the other. Every toy has now a spirit owner. You are giving joy on earth.”

Several children were recognised by sitters. Several were addressed by their pet names.

The chief lesson to be drawn from it is the lesson to the bereaved parents. Your “dead” children are not dead. They are as human and as humorous as they were on earth.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:43 AM
glenos

Wow, how wonderful is that..
Old 05-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Skye, that was beautiful ! Thank you for sharing.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Skye

Thank you glenos and Dream Angel.

It was my pleasure to share this on here.

I hope people will find comfort in it's words.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:28 AM
mac

It's a heart-warming account which I haven't read for quite some time.

The sad part is that it's historical and we have nothing similar to offer from the present day....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It's a heart-warming account which I haven't read for quite some time.

The sad part is that it's historical and we have nothing similar to offer from the present day....

Sadly that is true mac.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:47 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
Sadly that is true mac.

Skye,that is so heart warming.
A beautiful message for folks worldwide as well.
Spread it around as much as you can,love.
That is my first time in reading it,brought a lump to the throat.

J.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Skye

Thanks deepsea, yes, it is a beautiful message and one to be shared with the spirit of Christmas.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Experiencer
That was so wonderful to read Skye and thanks for sharing :) As Mac said, the sad part is, it's in the past, I can't say I have heard of this going on in our present day, which is a pity.
When you think back to how things were, the post that you made here Skye, there were so many more things going on and all very touching. It makes you wonder why we rarely hear of experiences like this.
Could it be because in this day and age, many have become so very materialistic and therefore has taken away the true meaning of spiritualism?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:52 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
That was so wonderful to read Skye and thanks for sharing :) As Mac said, the sad part is, it's in the past, I can't say I have heard of this going on in our present day, which is a pity.
When you think back to how things were, the post that you made here Skye, there were so many more things going on and all very touching. It makes you wonder why we rarely hear of experiences like this.
Could it be because in this day and age, many have become so very materialistic and therefore has taken away the true meaning of spiritualism?

Undoubtedly our society has become a more material one but with increasing prosperity that was almost inevitable. I don't think that's of major significance, though...

Spiritualism is described as a philosophy and religion. All religions have their important day and then become stale. Look at all the mainstream religions and none have much to offer outside of belief and dogma. Fundamental truth became submerged beneath everything that its practitioners embellished it with, or dumped on it as they substituted man-made edicts for the simple ideas communicated by the emissaries of The Great Spirit.

Spiritualism would have gone a similar way were it not for the withdrawal of the spiritually evolved teachers and guides who brought simple truths in the manner of their predecessors. They've gone and there are no replacements - no teachers, no guides. no nothing....

Now there are few, high-quality, mental evidential mediums. Physical mediums are in even scarcer supply and many readers will know of the shenanigans surrounding the few still around.

The once proud Psychic News newspaper which once brought wonderful news is now no more, symbolic of the way that Modern Spiritualism is also all but finished.