Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 17-11-2014, 06:09 PM
satsujin

Question Alternatives to crystals/flowers

I just got the book "Opening to Channel" and pretty disappointed to find that you need crystals and flowers for your preparation. Even though I live in a desert city, flowers may be possible but crystals are out of the question. Are they really necessary or can someone suggest some alternatives?
Old 18-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Satsujin, any stones or plants can be used for this exercise. The main thing is that the objects should not be made by humans. Every stone and plant on the Earth's surface has its own energy and consciousness. Opening to Channel is a great book, but it was written in the context of North American late 80s new age culture, where crystal shops were widespread. Many native cultures value what we would call 'just rocks' and see the same powers in them that new agers saw in crystals.
Hope this helps!
Blessings,
Ananias
Old 18-11-2014, 04:30 AM
satsujin

Thanks for your reply Ananias. So you are saying I can use seashells or rocks I find in the street right? And I dont need flowers I can use leaves maybe?
Old 18-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Satsujin,
Yes, they should all work for this kind of exercise. I probably wouldn't use gravel that was broken up by machines, though-- naturally formed rocks would be better.
Blessings,
Ananias
Old 19-11-2014, 04:29 AM
Master

I love Opening to Channel. I never got all the way through it, and I did try the plant thing but it didn't seem to do much for me. Back then, I couldn't feel energy, so I was not on that wavelength yet. So don't be disappointed if the first few exercises don't appeal or you don't feel anything.

I think it is definitely an individual thing, some of it applies to some people and some to others. It does open you up to the idea of how it can work, and get you going in the direction of it. What happened for me was the Sky pointed me in another direction after I read through most of it, and I was able to connect in a far different way than the book suggests, but it is a jumping off place, and I love the visuals - I still use them.

so take what feels right for you and leave the rest, and the Sky will guide you where it is you are wanting to go.....it's all a journey, but it is all individual
Old 20-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Checkmate.

You will probably feel drawn to the things that feel right. I used a few tools at first but after a while I didn't find a need to do so any longer. Sometimes I still use cards or flowers or crystals but only when I feel the need to.
Old 24-11-2014, 11:20 AM
fatimataybia46

Order crystals online

You may order crystals online. Online world helps you irrespective of the fact that you are in the Desert.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:52 PM
jadeany

and see the same powers in them that new agers saw in crystals.