Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-06-2017, 10:20 AM
FrankieJG

Was this sleep paralysis?

I had a weird experience during sleep last night.I was waking up several times finding it hard to fall back to sleep.When I tried to sleep I felt so heavy on my head.I feared some external energy was trying to enter me. I didn't hear any whispers or see any image.I don't know why I suddenly got the idea of "a tamil boy". As if it was he who tried to annoy me.It was just a sudden thought i got.Then I started to say"be gone" "be gone" like crazy.On my head.My mom was sleeping next to me and I tried to wake her up.She was annoyed too.Because of me.Was this some sort of sleep paralysis or something else? I am sure it wasn't sleep paralysis because I moved my limbs perfectly.I even looked around my room when I woke up.
Old 29-06-2017, 05:52 AM
Guide

I am not quite sure from your story but it may have been. When we fall asleep our awareness shifts from that of our physical body to that of our emotional or astral body.... depending on which body you are leaning more towards you will have certain things happen. So lets say you were still in your physical body then you wouldn't be able to move it because your physical body was asleep. If it was your astral or physical body the same thing happens because you dont have the conscious ability to know how to move it.

I always find that I feel heavy and cant move even when I make the shift to astral because that body is still technically in the physical body. Thats when separation techniques come to play where you can use the ladder or balloon or rope technique to pull your astral body out of your physical....

ANother thing that I have found that it seems like you were doing is that I am extremely clairvoyant around waking. So you would hear voices... see visions and all kinds of things as if it were real. Also even when in astral form or in the middle you are able to move certain body parts a little bit but not much. Also sometimes in this crossing you may pass out and fall asleep but still be conscious of the dream and it turn into a lucid dream but everything that was there is still there...

If your going to walk this path I suggest that you learn about metaphysical protection and that you familiarize yourself with your arch angels... :)
Old 29-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Whatever it was, I don't think it was sleep paralysis because usually sleep paralysis is like being half awake and half asleep yet you are aware of the waking world and your surroundings and you cannot move a single muscle. Sometimes this is accompanied with creepy hallucinations of shadow figures, whispering, and feeling a great terror. That being said, sleep paralysis may not be a spiritual experience but rather caused by a disrupted REM sleep.
Old 25-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
I had a weird experience during sleep last night.I was waking up several times finding it hard to fall back to sleep.When I tried to sleep I felt so heavy on my head.I feared some external energy was trying to enter me. I didn't hear any whispers or see any image.I don't know why I suddenly got the idea of "a tamil boy". As if it was he who tried to annoy me.It was just a sudden thought i got.Then I started to say"be gone" "be gone" like crazy.On my head.My mom was sleeping next to me and I tried to wake her up.She was annoyed too.Because of me.Was this some sort of sleep paralysis or something else? I am sure it wasn't sleep paralysis because I moved my limbs perfectly.I even looked around my room when I woke up.

sleep paralysis is worse than it sounds: it's when you're vividly awake but your body is completely paralyzed and can't move at all. in fact, i suffered through this all through 6th grade and it only went away once i started meditating again. energy work in particular helped.

what you're describing sounds like the mix between a dream and the end of your astral projection.

when you project, your astral body leaves your physical body and returns. with practice, you can have simultaneous awareness of both experiences and the memories of each. but early on, we often only remember one; therefore, you might have recalled the memory of being in your physical body and the accompanying sensations of your astral body returning.

in other words, you may have been telling your astral body to be gone. lol? it's happened to me and many others as well. weird? extremely. uncommon? not at all.
Old 27-09-2017, 03:06 PM
FrankieJG

I want to add something. I have experienced sleep paralysis many many times. I noticed that it usually happens when I sleep on the back or when I sleep during day time.So I always make sure that I sleep on sides because you know how terrible it is when sleep paralysis happen right?hehe Still it continues to happen every now and then.

I am also curious to know whether I might have done astral projection without my awareness. Who knows, I might not remember. I have done lot of lucid dreaming though. Almost all the dreams I see prior to waking up are all lucid dreaming.
Old 27-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
I want to add something. I have experienced sleep paralysis many many times. I noticed that it usually happens when I sleep on the back or when I sleep during day time.So I always make sure that I sleep on sides because you know how terrible it is when sleep paralysis happen right?hehe Still it continues to happen every now and then.

I am also curious to know whether I might have done astral projection without my awareness. Who knows, I might not remember. I have done lot of lucid dreaming though. Almost all the dreams I see prior to waking up are all lucid dreaming.

I would like to get more info on this. :)
Old 27-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Guide
I'm not sure if it was sleep paralysis or not since I've never experience it before. My boyfriend however has been through it and he told me he usually feels as if he's being pinned to his bed and he can't move. It sounds very frightening to me since I've never experience this before and I hope I never do.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:

sleeping on your back is also important for spontaneous astral projections.

on a side note, some people report that:
1. sleep paralysis
2. the dweller on the threshold
3. night sweats (just listing common symptoms - not sure if you have this)
4. teeth grinding
...are common symptoms of parasite infections

now that that's hopefully ruled out, let's continue: if you actually are projecting, and that's what's leading up to this, then the solution is to begin doing energy work. i recommend almost any book by robert bruce. energy work is what ended my sleep paralysis.

Quote:

everyone projects every night but, like dreaming, most people forget it entirely (although without training it's a really weak and lame projection, usually only a short distance from the physical body).

do energy work.

start now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMs...5re6_Oi-NRKtNw
Old 28-09-2017, 04:59 AM
FrankieJG

It's frightening and it's horrible. When I first experienced it (I think I was around 14 or 15) I wanted to scream , I did scream but my voice didn't come out. My mom was sleeping next to me and I wanted to wake her up and save me lol But my limbs wouldn't move, I tried so hard to move my body but in vain. I was one step away from breaking into tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_DreamFaerie
I'm not sure if it was sleep paralysis or not since I've never experience it before. My boyfriend however has been through it and he told me he usually feels as if he's being pinned to his bed and he can't move. It sounds very frightening to me since I've never experience this before and I hope I never do.
Old 28-09-2017, 05:12 AM
FrankieJG

I had a vivid dream last night . It was directly connected to this post. I was thinking about astral projection after replying here and later at night had a dream where I was flying. Wish I was astral projecting or an OBE but it wasn't.

I was among big flowers. It was a flower garden full of biiig "sun flowers". I was practicing my flying abilities while my dad was standing on the ground watching me with crossed arms. I was telling him "I met Buddha , he taught me how to fly" hehe It actually felt like flying. I felt like I was a butterfly.

Then few moments later I was climbing up a rocky ancient staircase while talking to a stranger. At the top of the rocky mountain there was an ancient king (an Indian King) and he asked me where did I meet Buddha.

Since I felt that the flying experience was real - specially when I was trying to balance my self and carefully trying to approach the sunflowers could it be some sort of an astral projection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesRealMeditation
sleeping on your back is also important for spontaneous astral projections.

on a side note, some people report that:
1. sleep paralysis
2. the dweller on the threshold
3. night sweats (just listing common symptoms - not sure if you have this)
4. teeth grinding
...are common symptoms of parasite infections

now that that's hopefully ruled out, let's continue: if you actually are projecting, and that's what's leading up to this, then the solution is to begin doing energy work. i recommend almost any book by robert bruce. energy work is what ended my sleep paralysis.

everyone projects every night but, like dreaming, most people forget it entirely (although without training it's a really weak and lame projection, usually only a short distance from the physical body).

do energy work.

start now.