Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish A Peanut-Butter-Induced Lucid Dream???! (PBILD Technique)

Before my last sleep period I finished off a jar of peanut butter with a spoon, just because I love PB. Later, I had a very long, vivid dream, in which I became lucid. Now, although I know that this was due to relaxed expectation before sleep that I would have a lucid dream, I find that this "PBILD technique" may be fun to try for those who like PB and inducing lucid dreams. After writing about my LD in my journal, I visited DreamViews.com and, as nice synchronicity, in the "Attaining Lucidity" forum I found a silly thread called "peanut butter gives you more realistic dreams." I read it and found that some of the people that posted there noted that they have had vivid dreams, sometimes lucid, after eating PB before sleep. Others were fascinated by it and said they were giving it a try. One person coined the term "PBILD" (peanut-butter-induced lucid dream).

It was a fun thread with plenty of high, positive energy; and so now, without further ado, I now share with you this extremely ancient and powerful, once safely-guarded technique (just kidding):

Very simple:

Step 1: Eat some peanut butter before going to sleep (however you like it; spoon, fingers, PB sammich, etc. ), and pretend that the peanut butter will magically induce a lucid dream.

Step 2: Forget about it and drift off to sleep.

Step 3: Enjoy a freakishly wild and vivid lucid dream, baby!!!!!!!

Have Fun!
Kar
Old 04-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Master
There's gotta be something in the pb some nutrient that 'helps' the lucid dreaming process. I know it has protein and some fat, some vitamin E, I believe, but maybe it's more in the tactile sensations one gets from all that exercise trying to get it off of your teeth and tongue! And the smell of peanut butter is divine.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
nightowl

My daughter has Tourett's Syn. and she craves peanut butter due to the tryptophan in it. It helps to relax her. Tryptophan does help you sleep, maybe that was what helped you have such dreams.

nightowl
Old 04-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
My daughter has Tourett's Syn. and she craves peanut butter due to the tryptophan in it. It helps to relax her. Tryptophan does help you sleep, maybe that was what helped you have such dreams.

nightowl

Your daughter is very wise! Tryptophan is definitely a relaxation and sleep ally, when we are in harmony with our natural processes.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
There's gotta be something in the pb some nutrient that 'helps' the lucid dreaming process. I know it has protein and some fat, some vitamin E, I believe, but maybe it's more in the tactile sensations one gets from all that exercise trying to get it off of your teeth and tongue! And the smell of peanut butter is divine.

I love your observations about it, Silvergirl! "...the smell of peanut butter is divine." The quote of the year! Thanks, friend.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Simon Karlos

There are ingredients in peanut butter than can be of assistance in lucid dreaming. Chemicals are energy, and energy is really consciousness. Chemicals, being living thought-forms, respond to our core beliefs, which maintains our dominant vibration. A person with a dominant vibration that is out-of-alignment with their Higher Self will "unconsciously" affect the properties of whatever they ingest in a negative way, no matter how "nutritious" the food is said to be. Whereas someone with a very uplifting disposition would actually increase the vibrations of whatever food and drink they ingest, thus affecting the chemical properties in a very harmonious way for the body. Basically, it is not the peanut butter itself (nor anything else external) that truly benefits the dreamer, but the attitude he/she has about him/herself. Their Self-perception.
Old 13-06-2011, 04:06 AM
akatreehuggerni

Bunny Trying this!

I've been intersted in lucid dreaming for awhile now but seem to have a bit of trouble. Can't wait to see if this helps (plus the fact that peanut butter is involved makes it even more awesome! )
Old 13-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatreehuggerni
I've been intersted in lucid dreaming for awhile now but seem to have a bit of trouble. Can't wait to see if this helps (plus the fact that peanut butter is involved makes it even more awesome! )

Agree! Iv also been trying to lucid dream. Iv tried every way people been telling me and well nothing T_T

I will try this out! If I wont lucid at least it may give me one awsome dream to look ford to!