Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:18 PM
heavensent

My opinion......

As a psychic medium I don't use any of the above that you have listed, but I do regard them as tools rather than "props". They help to focus energies coming in. Personally I have no need for them as they hinder me in my work, to work at my best the logical side is shut down so I am unable to use these things currently.

Everyone works slightly differently and at different energy levels so there is a need for there to be a 'connection' between the reader and the client, sometimes the energies are so different that it can be difficult to read for people, especially if they are in a position of fear.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Ancestral

Re: My opinion......

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensent
As a psychic medium I don't use any of the above that you have listed, but I do regard them as tools rather than "props". They help to focus energies coming in. Personally I have no need for them as they hinder me in my work, to work at my best the logical side is shut down so I am unable to use these things currently.

Everyone works slightly differently and at different energy levels so there is a need for there to be a 'connection' between the reader and the client, sometimes the energies are so different that it can be difficult to read for people, especially if they are in a position of fear.

I do not read anyone else for I feel that I would not be any good to them but I admire those whom can. May I ask a question and it may seem silly but can the difference in energy connect reader and client for a short time? I am mainly curious and if you wish to not answer that is fine. Fear is one emotion I do not like feeling from others as I am empathic myself in the past I found it difficult to tell if the emotions were mine or not. Thanks for the new information I truly learn something new here. :)
Old 08-11-2005, 09:43 PM
heavensent

Re: My opinion......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestral

I do not read anyone else for I feel that I would not be any good to them but I admire those whom can. May I ask a question and it may seem silly but can the difference in energy connect reader and client for a short time? I am mainly curious and if you wish to not answer that is fine. Fear is one emotion I do not like feeling from others as I am empathic myself in the past I found it difficult to tell if the emotions were mine or not. Thanks for the new information I truly learn something new here. :)

Hello, its nice to be asked and if i have an answer I'm always happy to give it! If you are experiencing fear then you will draw in fearful clients and yes it would mean a shorter link. You see it acts like a block of energy and you have to clear it before you can go on with the reading sort of running at 100% if you see what I mean. When you get someone who is very anti or has come in to test you as it were, because this is not a loving thing to do it can be struggle for any reader. I would say that the emotions belong to the person you are reading as a rule. If you have surrounded yourself in white light you are at no harm. It is simply a case of trusting what you are picking up and being 'brave' enough to voice it.

Hope this helps!!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Ancestral

Thank you and yes, you did help me and hit me right on the head sort of speak. I do not fully trust what I a picking up from people and not sure why I do that. You are right I should trust what I pick up and voice it. I know some mediums cleanse themselves prior to doing a reading and afterwards. If you are surrounded by the white light do you still need to cleanse? I know sometimes I have the white light around me but I still feel I should cleanse for me to be more balanced. To me that sounds like I do not have as much faith in the white light of protection. Sorry do not mean to bother you with this but your vibes feel like good ones. I better get back to my writing and thank you for your help. Take Care Samantha
Old 08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
heavensent

white light

Hello Ancestrol

When you are surrounded with white light is a light of protection, I get my people to breathe it in and pull it through the body as a cleansing exercise but you only really need to do this after you have worked with someone who has left you feeling 'not quite right'. Glad I've helped - just enjoy and trust the process!
Old 09-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Ancestral

Thanks that is helpful I will try that when I come into contact with people whom are ill. My empathic ability also picks up the illness from people and I am round my Father a lot who is diabetic. Perhaps performing breathing in the white will help me to handle being around him better. It would not hurt me either way and thank you. Take Care Samantha.

Ancestral
Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Karrie-Lee

I need your help deperatly! I am a family of four to which my father 5 years gone and a brother 6 months gone. I am on the brink of divorse and my life feels so out of control. I went to see sandy Wilshire for a connection and had one but I read her book and I desperatly need more!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Karrie-Lee

Please someone if you bare there please contact me.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 AM
sashwah

auric protection

I find that creating a bubble of auric protection helps me pick up what i need from the client or location but creates a barrier for negativity. This is my intention when i create the filter and that is it's sole purpose. I have never had any trouble to date. I also work with crystals,i use a piece of blue kyanite to remove any negativity that could be surrounding me after i have left the person or location. This crystal doesn't hold any negativity and never needs cleansing, it also balances your chakra's without concious direction. It's perfect for mediumistic/psychic work.
:)
Old 10-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Monkey

Hi,

Oath, I'm on Kasamba under Tarot readers as well but I am not active at the moment. Let me know who you are through pm and I will let you know who I am too. There certainly are some frauds there, usually its the ones who say they are 100% accurate. It always amazes me that people can't read between the lines. And there is no way that I would give a psychic $10 or $20 per minute, no matter how good they are cause there are good psychics who charge less. I guess people equate steep prices with accuracy, when they ought to equate it with greed. Just because someone is psychic it doesn't make them a saint. I believe John Edwards is charging the Australian equivalent of $600 an hour.

As for Tarot being a prop. I find that when I use the Tarot cards its like I can step aside and let the cards or spirit guides talk, I don't feel like the pressure is on me to 'perform' and I find that I don't second guess myself as much. I am able to work without the cards and mostly do when I have been asked questions about missing people or to describe situations. However, if people are asking for a Tarot reading, then I give them a Tarot reading. It also helps when I don't feel a strong connection with the person, perhaps for psychological reasons. It feels like my ego can step aside and I just have to tell them what the cards say.
Closed Thread