Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Master

We are expecting to break the record of 23 inches of snow in a 24 hour period set in 1967 in Chicago. Thats approximately over 2/3 rds of a meter of snow for those who do not measure in US scales. Whats funny is we are also expecting a thunderstorm with lightning which is what I am experiencing now! Very cool! A once in a lifetime thing! I never experienced lightning and thunder during a blizzard. Watching this all over lake michigan is quite cool! Extreme weather has always fascinated me!

I also enjoyed the 105 degrees farenheit temperature in the summertime we had in the late 90's where everybody hung out and swam at lake michigan beach around 9pm at night time.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Psycho I guess you're right when you say don't panic, I also tend to wonder if the news or people are focusing on strange world happenings because of 2012 and "the end of the world" in that year.
Spiritlite.
Hi Spiritlite, yea thats right, I'm waiting for a hug Cyclone to hit within 6 to 9 hours, I live up north in Australia where its all happening right now, feeling a bit scared but what can you do ?.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
We are expecting to break the record of 23 inches of snow in a 24 hour period set in 1967 in Chicago. Thats approximately over 2/3 rds of a meter of snow for those who do not measure in US scales. Whats funny is we are also expecting a thunderstorm with lightning which is what I am experiencing now! Very cool! A once in a lifetime thing! I never experienced lightning and thunder during a blizzard. Watching this all over lake michigan is quite cool! Extreme weather has always fascinated me!

I also enjoyed the 105 degrees farenheit temperature in the summertime we had in the late 90's where everybody hung out and swam at lake michigan beach around 9pm at night time.

SeaZen, you have my deepest sympathies! I lived in Chicago about 1984 or so. Waiting for the bus to get to the L, we were huddling in a doorway to a shop. Many of us were saying that we would just like to die right then as it was so cold. When you get the wind barreling down the streets from Lake Michigan, it is HORRIBLE !!!! I have never experienced cold that can cut so deeply into your bones like that cold wind does.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:35 AM
mac

AZ Valley of the Sun where it's less warm than average and a little breezy but we're deeply thankful we ain't in the center and east of the country.

From Oz through my homeland of England into the US and no doubt elsewhere we're seeing some pretty extreme weather over the recent seasons.

All part of the natural cycles of our fabulous mothership Earth - with maybe a little interference from humankind's activities....

Lets look forward to the return of average weather that we all usually experience - and hope we're not seeing the beginning of a long, destructive change.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen

oh please keep it there (no offense)....it'll come right at us . we haven't had a "Master Attacker" since 78 when our town got 24 inches in 24 hours....shut down the city for two weeks! but i was only 8 so it didn't bother me back then, lol.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
New updates for my location: wind chill is to drop to -30 degrees tonight; blizzard conditions due to gusts of 35 mi per hr.
Robbie, check your PM box, please.

Gosh, even with a name like Summerland, cold anyway you slice it.

I'm southern california area, was 64F today, but drops to 39F tonight.

Grew up in no. pa., know what blizzards and ice storms are all about, power outages, branches on the power lines, skidding cars, rusted out side panels from salt, watching poor mom n dad and older bros shoveling the sidewalks.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
SeaZen, you have my deepest sympathies! I lived in Chicago about 1984 or so. Waiting for the bus to get to the L, we were huddling in a doorway to a shop. Many of us were saying that we would just like to die right then as it was so cold. When you get the wind barreling down the streets from Lake Michigan, it is HORRIBLE !!!! I have never experienced cold that can cut so deeply into your bones like that cold wind does.

Sympathies? Are you kidding me? I LOVE this weather! Thats why I chose to stay here! Yes the initial change from hot to cold is a little uncomfortable but once the switch is flipped, all you have to do is put on your long underwear and bundle and enjoy the spiritual winter snow walks on the lakefront. I guess we all have our different tastes though! Thats what makes the world go around! I used to feel as you do and craved summertime all year and beaches but don't think I can do that now.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
oh please keep it there (no offense)....it'll come right at us . we haven't had a "Master Attacker" since 78 when our town got 24 inches in 24 hours....shut down the city for two weeks! but i was only 8 so it didn't bother me back then, lol.

I will try to keep as much snow here as I can earthprowler! Didn't you enjoy playing in the snow when you were 8? I remember making snow forts etc. and having a blast! Just bundle up, keep warm, get back out there, and enjoy!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Summerland

Silvergirl, actually we are missing the worst of it. For some reason it always worse to the north, south and east of us. It is almost as if there was a horseshoe around us, deflecting the brunt elsewhere. Still nasty, but could be like it is in Chicago-- they are getting totally hammered.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Master
I"m getting nervous that this weather is the beginning of an end.......
Spiritlite.