Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2007, 01:21 PM
AnnieB

Question Suggestions for Our Doggie

Hi everyone,

We've adopted a mini schnauzer and he's just wonderful. We've had him about two years now and he's doing so much better. He was a rescue, complete with mange and no socialization skills. He's all healed up and a very happy puppy.

Now I want to work with him on feeling better with other people and dogs. He's good with me, my husband and our other dog. He's better now with my sister, because she's taken care of him, but I really want him to start feeling safe and secure in the world.

I'd love some suggestions of a spiritual nature. We have already done puppy classes with other dogs and personal training with a trainer. I'm training in EFT techniques and I am going to work with him on that. Any other ideas to help heal him from his icky start in life? (We think he may have been abused by a male at some point.)

Thanks for your ideas for our little boy!
Old 25-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Maranda

Annie,

What is the dog's name? Any chance you would know when his birthday is?
Old 25-03-2007, 02:54 PM
AnnieB

His name is Ricky. We adopted him September 1st and the rescue group guesstimated he was 1 year at that time...hard to say I guess...so currently he'd be maybe 3 1/2 years...? Would that be in a Virgo time that he was maybe born?
Old 25-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Whisperer

Hi Annie

You could try using Star of Bethlehem Bach Flower Remedy with him. Its very good at encouraging the feeling of security and helps heal past traumas energetically.

Kind blessings,
Whisp
Old 25-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Maranda

AnnieB,

I do this for entertainment purposes only.

Take from it only what you think might be useful and simply disregard the rest.

You have saved Ricky, he wants to please you. If he does misbehave occasionally it's probably because something or someone has sparked a memory in him. Friends can be forewarned not to expect too much from him because of his trust issues. They should treat him just as they do your other dog. He's a loyal little dog who expects the same loyalty from you. He'll probably like a routine and having some structure and order to his day as in being walked and fed and played with at the same time each day. Ricky is a clean little dog, but might test you from time to time.

He will enjoy being groomed and spend lots of time grooming himself. This is a sign that he considers himself at home with you, your family and your other dog. Watch him with strangers and you can see his guard going up. he will not only be trying to protect himself, he will also be trying to protect you and yours. He will have a natural shyness. Don't mistake this as being un-responsive or scared. He will like having tasks to do, like going to fetch something for you, or fulfilling your requests to be good for a time in certain situations. remember to reward him for his compliance.

He will get pleasure from doing the same thing over and over again. As long as you are happy he will be happy. Check him out when you are feeling under the weather and see how true this is. Ricky may be prone to intestinal problems. He might be rather a fussy eater. Keeping his diet fresh and health will be worth the money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daisy, posting at font size 3. Does this look okay?
Old 26-03-2007, 10:44 PM
OceanWaves19161

Hey, the angels just popped in and to communicate with him. I guess they mean talk to him about what your doing and why etc. Like the others said make him feel safe and secure, give him lots of attention and introduce him to other people slowly so he learns to feel comfortable with them as well. I'm sure he'll be fine. He's lucky to have a good owner now:)

Alana
Old 27-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Arcturus

If I may add my suggestion, Reiki him or have someone do it for you. I would have them send Reiki back in time to heal his previous hurts in addition to present time Reiki to give him a feeling of unconditional love. If you don't have a Reiki practitioner available, let me know (pm me) and I'll see if I can help him.
Old 27-03-2007, 02:10 PM
AnnieB

Book1 Thanks so much!!!

Thank you SO much everyone for your insights. I certainly came to the right place. I'm going to apply these new ideas...I'll let you know how he progresses.

Again, thanks for your wisdom!!!
Old 27-03-2007, 02:27 PM
cweiters

Share the love

Loving our animal friend mean keeping them safe, here is a link to information regarding the recent recall on doggie food.

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/new...l_march07.html

They depend on us to be just as loyal to them, as they are to us.

love to all
cw
Closed Thread