Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:08 AM
tigerlily

Derek Acorah

Just found out Derek is coming to my home town,thinking of going to see him but was wondering if any of you have been to see him and what you thought? :)
Old 10-01-2006, 09:23 AM
sashwah

Hiya Tigerlilly. My honest opinion is that Derek is actually a genuine medium. I've seen the hype and had news letters about recent events so i watched a couple of the first and second series of MH. He was totally different then but Yvettes face, and Phill Wymans faces were of utter disbelief. They even said to him in one episode "that is totally unbelievable, there is absolutely no way you could have known that". In fact, that's happened quite a lot. Now, he's very famous, so famous in fact that his life is no longer his own. Fame alway's brings it's psychological issues and if Derek is livng between the world of spirit and the world of fame in the physical, then he's going to be a little erratic don't you think? It's hard enough as it is having mediumistic abilities ( speaking from experience) as well as constantly being on tour, mobbed everywhere you go and having more money than you ever imagined you'd know what to do with. Now don't get me wrong, i don't feel sorry for the guy! Lol! Nor am i his number one fan, but it is definately worth going to see him. No matter what, he has a lovely energy about him and going to an event like that is alway's good fun. I won some tickets to go see MH on summer solstice last year. I rang, completely out of the blue, (not the sort of thing i usually do..!) answered my question and said i wanted the summer solstice one for a laugh.. (i'm a witch... sort of..for want of a better word anyhow). I got a phone call a week later and me and three friends set off for Barnsley to see it. It was fab, although my bum was numb after five hours and my hands were nearly bleeding from all the clapping we had to do! It was really good fun. I'd pay to go see him babe... and i'm a cynical old witch! hee hee hee!
Old 16-01-2006, 03:27 PM
sashwah

Hi Tiger lilly, just been given the opportunity to see derek myself in York in April!! I'm going!
Old 16-01-2006, 05:59 PM
tigerlily

Thanks Sashwah,l deffinately going to see him,going to book it tomorrow.
l used to love MH but dont really watch it now Dereks left,although l do like David Wells :)
l will let you know how the evening went :)
Old 17-01-2006, 06:38 PM
tigerlily

Well booked my ticket today :) Going on 1st Feb,so will let you know how it went :)
Old 18-01-2006, 08:52 AM
sashwah

I'm going on the 28th April.... have fun tigerlilly xx
Old 18-01-2006, 02:26 PM
tigerlily

Hope you have fun too!! :)
Old 01-02-2006, 08:24 AM
tigerlily

Well todays the day l go see Derek :) lm really looking foward to it and l will let you know what l thought tomorrow :) Hope he lives up to my expectations
Old 02-02-2006, 07:08 AM
tigerlily

Well....................... l thought Derek was really good.Even though l didnt get a message he contacted quite a few spirits of people in the audience and was to me very accurate.He also got a little annoyed when a lady came thru with a message for someone,but the person or persons wouldnt speak up. The most memorable one was an eldery lady who lost a baby some 50yrs ago and the baby who is now a spirit woman came thru with a message for her mum telling her she had to stop blaming herself.The lady was very emotional.
Overall it was a very good evening and if anyone has a chance of going to see him l would tell them to go :)
Closed Thread