Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 27-10-2019, 01:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Deities, Dreams and Past Lives

Hi everyone!

I'm definitely newer to the idea of being in the witchy community. Because of this, I'm looking for some clarification, or at least advice regarding patrons and deities (I didn't know which section of the archives to post this in, so forgive me), as well as dreams and how they connect.

When it comes to deities, I'm wondering if it's possible to be 'claimed' by one through dreams? And how one would identify one as their patron (I believe that to be the correct term)?

I've had multiple dreams with Hades, very few with Lilith and a couple with another goddess/deity-like figure of whom I don't know the true name to (I was given a different name to call them during the time).

So I suppose I'm just asking if the meetings with these people are relevant or not, as well as dreams with them in general because I've had dreams with them and ones in general without them that are greyscale (it's pretty much what my dreams are at this point), and I've made the assumption and discussed with some people that some of the greyscale ones might be connected to past lives, which is why having the Deities and having these separate dreams both in greyscale can get me mixed up a bit with them being connected to each other, or if they're separate and it's just the deities' way of speaking or connecting to me?

I've spoken to all three in the same meditation at one point, but it's becoming difficult to decipher whether they're all related to being a communication between us or if it's just a dream-dream. I can always remember the details vividly, as well as the emotions through each experience with them.

I've had dreams with the one unnamed deity when I was in my mid-teens, and it's been tricky connecting with her the way I had back then. She still visits here and there, particularly in coloured dreams, but rarely and I've never gotten her real name aside from the one she'd told me to call her by.

If anyone has questions or is willing to give advice, let me know :)
Old 27-10-2019, 01:27 AM
Yaoughta

They're as relevant to you as you think they are, but nothing is as it seems to be, you only think it is. Throw a pebble on the surface of a still water and it creates a ripple. Likewise, with you and how dreams are created. Your body is the still water, but whenever you react to anything, whether overtly and knowingly or unknowingly, a dream is created in response to the ripple. They're like echoes coming back to you while the conscious you is at rest. Your reactions to life are based on your thoughts, your feelings and your beliefs. When you change those, you change how you react to life and thus you change your dreams. Knowing this, should help in answering your question. Would you dream of such things if you did not give them any of your energy, focus, attention or thoughts or knowledge of them? Certainly, it is possible, for all things are possible, but it is less likely. Rather it is more likely that you read books or were exposed to knowledge or stories of Hades, Lilith and other deities and your thoughts and beliefs about them exist within you. When you react to something in your waking state, that which exists within you sends you back an echo in response using all the accumulated data and sense of self. So having multiple dreams of deities might not mean what you think it means.
Old 27-10-2019, 02:22 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you, this helped alot!