Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-02-2020, 02:05 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondering. Does any one know the source of this concept?
And so, if they do - they are obvious charlatans?

I do recall Jesus' group had a treasurer and money was given.

Are healers destined to be poor? As if it is their lot in life?
This is what they deserve, in other words, then - to accept nothing in return for their time and often travel expenses?

Perhaps if healers charged for healing instead of attempting to heal there would not be so much controversy. With the charlatans going broke and the healers who can get real results doing well, the field would clean up itself. Even MDs get paid for an office visit whether or not they do you any good. No wonder they are in such a hurry to get you back out the door. They are paid by how many people cycle through the office, not how many get better. If their pay was proportional to their results, I expect they may want to put a little more time and effort into their diagnosis and prescription. And who would begrudge the reiki master a few thousand dollars if they actually cured the cancer. Heck even the insurance companies would be beating a path to their door.
Old 17-02-2020, 02:08 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
What about those healers who have invested thousands of dollars and done numerous courses to become qualified in whatever they do, such as hypnotherapists or chiropractors? They provide a service, as much as plumbers or mechanics or lawyers. Why should they not charge for their services?

If we are talking about spiritual healers, those with a particular gift, then they too have costs and they have bills to pay. Why expect them to work for nothing on top of holding down a regular job. Anyone can do a regular job - surely people with special gifts should be able to focus on what they do best and earn a living from it.

There is a lot of idealism around this issue but living in the real world makes practical demands. I have no problem with healers or spiritual teachers charging for their time and knowledge and experience. If their charges are unreasonable then people will not pay to see them.

How many of us would spend all our spare time voluntarily working for nothing on top of holding a regular job?

Peace

Lots of people who work for a living spend their spare time visiting hospitals by themselves or with "service" animals to give comfort and a positive outlook on life. So anyone who has a spiritual "gift" to heal people should not insult the God who gave it to them, by demanding money to enrich themselves with.
Old 17-02-2020, 02:13 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You seem to be proud that you don't take money.

I have no idea how you get "proud" out of not wanting to insult God, but whatever.
Old 17-02-2020, 03:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eternal Soul
I have no idea how you get "proud" out of not wanting to insult God, but whatever.

Sorry if I misread your words. Do you think that those who get compensated for their work insult God? I don't think so.

----

You wrote:
Quote:
... anyone who has a spiritual "gift" to heal people should not insult the God who gave it to them, by demanding money to enrich themselves with.

I didn't misread you ... And I disagree with your position on this.

This is part of the idea that poor == good and rich == bad. It means I feel compassion for those that have less than I, and envy those who have more than I.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2020, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry if I misread your words. Do you think that those who get compensated for their work insult God? I don't think so.

----

You wrote:

I didn't misread you ... And I disagree with your position on this.

This is part of the idea that poor == good and rich == bad. It means I feel compassion for those that have less than I, and envy those who have more than I.
Let me put it another way to you... and to all.

This may help to clarify my own position on this as well.

I am a Hindu and I have often said that in regards to Hinduism "it takes one to know one".

With respect to how a person should live their lives, Hinduism, as it was codified some 5,000 years in the Vedas, is ALL I know and ALL it is ever possible for my brain and intellect to fully understand.

The same goes for those who have been conditioned with capitalism or materialism since birth...this is ALL they know, have ever known and are capable of understanding.

They seem to have enough faith in God to give thanks and praises for His Grace in the form of any "psychic gift" He may bestow, but NOT enough trust and love in God that the Grand Provider will also provide for them whenever it comes to using it...however, I guess it all boils down to the perception of who/what is doing the "healing" and who is to take the credit for it ..the responsibility for it in any way that deserves compensation.

If the healer thinks they heal, then accepting payment for their healing services is its own reward for "getting the job done".

However, what if the healer knows it is not them that is doing the healing? How can they accept payment for something they didn't do?

I mean, the whole Bhagavad Gita is about this very thing and in it, Sri Krishna (who is supposed to be God) talks incessantly about how He is insulted by those who seek compensation for His works believing it to be their own.

I would NEVER "help" another simply because those who need "help" only want to be helped THEIR way or NO way when I may disagree with them over the best way to help, doing only what I CAN do in my capacity to "help" which may not be what they feel they "need" (which 99% of the time is "I need money").

Then there is the total lack of trust nowdays with others truly believing that if you are not asking for money for a healing, you MUST have a more sinister agenda... like claiming their soul or possessing them with demonic energy...and so, they give payment and it is accepted to protect themselves from any "psychic fallout" which can happen when one leaves their energy field wide open for a "healing" by a charlatan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqZEp4Fb6qw
Old 17-02-2020, 04:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Lots of people who work for a living spend their spare time visiting hospitals by themselves or with "service" animals to give comfort and a positive outlook on life. So anyone who has a spiritual "gift" to heal people should not insult the God who gave it to them, by demanding money to enrich themselves with.

Why would God be insulted? It is only insecure humans who feel insulted by others.

What is healing? An exchange of energy.

What is payment by money? An exchange of energy.

Paying for healing is simply exchanging one type of energy for a different type of energy.

I suspect that most healers who charge for their services are not particularly rich, but they do have bills to pay.

Peace
Old 17-02-2020, 04:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you for your perspective. I just learned today a little about Hinduism, intrigued by another poster's question: Is there a part of Hinduism which tells you don't have to follow any rules?

Searching, I found this:
Quote:
The basis for this religion is Vedas. Which says believe things which you think true. It never forces you to do something which you don't believe. Believe only if you have sufficient reasons to believe. Never blindly believe in anything just because somebody says something. But nowadays people made temple and worshiping is Hinduism. But it is not. Believe in yourself that is what Vedas teaches you. All other regions teach believe in this God or that God. But Vedas teach believe in yourself. You can read about this in Swami Vivekananda's complete works.
Anyway, coming back to
Quote:
However, what if the healer knows it is not them that is healing? How can they accept payment for something they didn't do? ...
The healer uses their time, and it is fair to be compensated for that. They are the intermediary for the service provided, and it is fair to be compensated for that.

If the healer doesn't get compensated, they need to find another way to make their living, so they will have less time to dedicate to healing, depriving people in need of the help they need.

Often, the practicalities of life get lost during theoretical arguments.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2020, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Why would God be insulted? It is only insecure humans who feel insulted by others.

What is healing? An exchange of energy.

What is payment by money? An exchange of energy.

Paying for healing is simply exchanging one type of energy for a different type of energy.

I suspect that most healers who charge for their services are not particularly rich, but they do have bills to pay.

Peace
I don't understand..

Should one exchange of energy be dependent on the other?

I need a healing because I have no energy to exchange. Does this mean I cannot get a healing from those who need my energy before they can exchange theirs?

In other words, am I sick because I cannot afford a thousand dollars to go on "spiritual retreat" for the weekend?

Could you please help me to understand this?
Old 17-02-2020, 04:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for your perspective. I just learned today a little about Hinduism, intrigued by another poster's question: Is there a part of Hinduism which tells you don't have to follow any rules?

Searching, I found this:

Anyway, coming back to

The healer uses their time, and it is fair to be compensated for that. They are the intermediary for the service provided, and it is fair to be compensated for that.

If the healer doesn't get compensated, they need to find another way to make their living, so they will have less time to dedicate to healing, depriving people in need of the help they need.

Often, the practicalities of life get lost during theoretical arguments.
Thank you for your explanation.

I know nothing about practical existence, yet I understand what you have said just now.

I feel there may be a distinction here in these regards between "covering expenses" and "seeking profitability".

The delimiting factor in regards to the efficiency of practice would thus be human greed which would also be discretionary on behalf of those seeking the healing...knowing that a cost of $50 would be enough to cover out of pocket expense on behalf of the healer, but $100 would just be lining it.

I am very naive when it comes to worldly affairs (which is perhaps why I am Spiritual in the first place) but something you said before resonated with me on a deeper level:

Quote:
If you want free advisors - learn to communicate with your Spirit Guides - they exist in the 5th dimension and have no physical needs and gladly help you for free. But this requires effort and time for meditation, shutting down your “monkey mind”...
So, those who are rich can afford to pay others to do something they should be doing for themselves, but those who are poor have no choice but to take "self help" into the next dimension through conservation of energy if they require healing..this is interesting and puts a whole different spin on it.

Those who wish to look outside themselves for a healing are justified in paying whatever price they deem reasonable FOR the fact they are too busy/lazy to meditate, therefore those who provide that service which is more about physical comfort and less to do with spiritual growth are just glorified massuers (not necessarily shamans) who also need to eat.
Old 17-02-2020, 04:57 AM
Master

Quote:
I don't understand..

Should one exchange of energy be dependent on the other?

I need a healing because I have no energy to exchange. Does this mean I cannot get a healing from those who need my energy before they can exchange theirs?

In other words, am I sick because I cannot afford a thousand dollars to go on "spiritual retreat" for the weekend?

Could you please help me to understand this?
You picked an extreme example, and you know it. It doesn't prove anything.

Nobody gets healed at a thousand dollar retreat. But one may get inspired.

Illness is the physical manifestation of some inner energetic / psychological imbalances. Every outwards manifestation is rooted in, and preceded by an inward cause.

The subject is: "Where did this belief healers shouldn't accept gifts or $ come from anyway?". This isn't about exceptions, greed, charlatans, and such. It assumes a genuine healer with best intentions, that has a regular family that deserves to live a decent life too, who might face a moral dilemma instigated by people who sometimes don't think things through (social media).