Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Suspended
Guide
Are Angels and/or Guides Real or Imagined!

Hello,
I don't have guides, I have neither seen or felt a guide,especially one who makes contact,aural contact not in my imagination, not virtually in front of me as in a real person/entity!

Same with Angels,why do they have or are depicted having wings?
Where they supposedly come from they must travel by thought,but not wings,the reason I say that is feathers fall out/moult but arms and legs don't,why are all the pictures and paintings of angels winged?

It says somewhere in the bible "an angel of the Lord came down",not flew down,may of been the birth of Christ,so who decided that Angels had wings and when and where?

KRB
Old 02-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Lorelyen

An interesting question and easy to give a flippant and fairly useless answer like "What IS real anyway?"

But then, ideas are real enough. Where they come from is perhaps debatable but they're there. Imagination? Something lighting up in our heads? A telepathic lightning shot from some supra source?

Carried forward into the spiritual arena it does seem easy to "imagine" a guide. You're looking for something; words or flashes come to your mind and you claim it's a spirit guide. It could indeed be and the only way to test is to see how constant the entity is, whether it's attempting to guide you in things you intuitively find wrong or repulsive. (How many reports have I read about murderers in court telling everyone "but God told me to do it.")

Only time will tell. Coming from a Vodou current I'm aware of several guides. I have a main one, constant over about 20 years - less present now because much of the upheaval work has been done (I suppose). But on the paths, on the maps there have been many. They may not be material in this material world but they're as real in their own worlds as I am, here.

They're there all right but distinguishing between a figment of the earth-bound imagination and an entity reaching through from another plane can be difficult for someone waking up to us and this world all being spirit.

I dare say that angels are depicted with wings because that's how early religious artists saw them - the doctrinaire was about a God sitting on a golden throne up in the sky somewhere so his messengers (angels) had to fly around everywhere. Like birds, they needed wings. It was something the people of the time could understand.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Master
We all have guides who come with us when we incarnate and some we pick up along the way as and when the need arises. They are from a higher dimension and separated from us by a veil. Many of us goes through our whole lives without ever meeting our guides while a few do. As for angels having wings, maybe that is how they are or how they appreared to the people who depicted them in works of art.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,
Thank you both for your answers,did they help! not sure, but being who I am I need to know what folk who have these angels see,and how they see it,or are they just to be taken on faith as being part of Gods realm/creation!

I watch a TV show here in Australia made by the BBC and hosted by Louis Theroux,he goes around the USÀ mainly and was astounded by the fact that 95% of Americans believed in angels, now is that to do with "faith" or is it just a sales pitch,an industry?
The same with guides,there are about 7.6 billion people on this planet, that's a lot of entities floating about the place if we all have a guide and more if we have a guide and Angel each,so in conclusion,Angels have wings because we want/expect/perceive them that way,and guides are there to make us feel protected/good about our wellbeing!

This is not a joke thread neither,I am quite serious and it has always intrigued me,like fairies,when I was at primary school the girls were always dressed as fairies, the boys as elves if there was ever a pantomime on,by that I mean only the girls had wings!

KRB

Will add an edit,I have had on numerous occasions the need to call upon the Arch Angels for help,Michael,Gabriel and occasionally on David?why I don't know is David an Arch Angel?
Old 02-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Master
There is no Archangel called David. Are you referring to King David perhaps? He must be a spirit guide and sure you can call on him and all the Archangels if you want. The American population is highly spiritual hence the belief in angels and guides.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
Thank you both for your answers,did they help! not sure, but being who I am I need to know what folk who have these angels see,and how they see it,or are they just to be taken on faith as being part of Gods realm/creation!
Well, right - they're taken on faith/belief in that no one can prove they're there; that the guided really have guides, or otherwise.

Quote:
I watch a TV show here in Australia made by the BBC and hosted by Louis Theroux,he goes around the USÀ mainly and was astounded by the fact that 95% of Americans believed in angels, now is that to do with "faith" or is it just a sales pitch,an industry?
I'd say both. There is a mundane industry and a (Christian) religious one in that angels are mentioned as messengers in the Bible. (I don't see them mentioned in any of the apocryphal gospels but I know they feature in Revelations.) The merchandising values don't quite add up to the same thing. I suppose angels conjure up comfort and peace to the non-spiritual but to the Christian, they're faith. To the spiritual non-religious person they're faith but take on various guardian qualities.
Quote:
The same with guides,there are about 7.6 billion people on this planet, that's a lot of entities floating about the place if we all have a guide and more if we have a guide and Angel each,so in conclusion,Angels have wings because we want/expect/perceive them that way,and guides are there to make us feel protected/good about our wellbeing!

I doubt everyone has a guide and/or an angel just as not everyone has a car or a drum kit. I don't know what angels are about - they don't feature in my way of believing - but guides are there to guide: to show things, to inform, to protect in subtle ways if you need them to do that though the body of spirits tend to protect me/my family too it as we are a family because of their work (so it would seem). They'll work for us if we're prepared to "pay" by way of various offerings just as the Lwa/Loa do (the intermediaries between the Creator - not the demiurge Christian one - and the body of Spirits and us). It's a model of the emanations and Creation that works well for me which is why I have faith in it.

It never ceases to amaze me here that people expect their guides to function for nothing and I suspect those are more the "imagined" sort. However, that's just my view - maybe they do work for nothing...all to the greater good as the saying goes!
Quote:
This is not a joke thread neither,I am quite serious and it has always intrigued me,like fairies,when I was at primary school the girls were always dressed as fairies, the boys as elves if there was ever a pantomime on,by that I mean only the girls had wings!
Social conditioning. That's Fairy Nuff, I suppose.

Quote:

Will add an edit,I have had on numerous occasions the need to call upon the Arch Angels for help,Michael,Gabriel and occasionally on David?why I don't know is David an Arch Angel?
Nope. Raphael, Michael, Gabriel and Auriel. Are you thinking about King David who wrote most of the psalms?

Old 02-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Experiencer

I'm curious about the wings too.. from what I understand, it's mostly religions that portray them as having wings. I would suspect it's a metaphor, or a visual effect of energy movement much like a halo. Somewhere along the line, I got the impression that wings were more a symbol designed to inspire awe rather than for movement/transport.

My interpretation of angels 'coming down' refers to a lowering of vibrational frequency rather than a descending vertically. This is similar to 'Jesus ascending to heaven' which refers to an increase in vibrational energy. There's a lot of misinterpretation of words and phrases in religious texts.. particularly when they get re-written or edited.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Posted by Lorelyn I'd say both. There is a mundane industry and a (Christian) religious one in that angels are mentioned as messengers in the Bible. (I don't see them mentioned in any of the apocryphal gospels but I know they feature in Revelations.) The merchandising values don't quite add up to the same thing. I suppose angels conjure up comfort and peace to the non-spiritual but to the Christian, they're faith. To the spiritual non-religious person they're faith but take on various guardian qualities.

As for angels being mentioned in other texts, yes I believe the Kabbala often mentions St. Uriel, and I am not sure maybe a few others? But no, angels as far as sacred and religious texts go are not only mentioned in the bible. Many forget it is not just Christians which believe in such, Jewish tradition holds a belief as well, probably a few others as well.

And yes many non-religious folk believe in angels also, like what you've said in the form of guardians.

My personal view on guides lately is a bit skewed and I am cautious these days, as a visualization of a what started as a guidance of mine, actually was able to manifest. Imagine that folks... imagine how one must feel after such a thing?

Lately I have not actively pursued working with my guides or whatever they actually are. I am interested in doing past life work or attempting to, and am currently focusing on that.

A very great thread slowsnake. I have questions as well. I feel they may not be answered but do not blame this on anyone. We don't know everything. Not a one among us. But yes, for now I am leaving the world of guides well enough alone.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Suspended
Guide
Is there a chance that there are missing Angels?

Like Mendeleev's periodic table,he knew or his theory was that there were missing elements!
Could there be "missing Angel's"?,and could these missing Angel's prefer it like that,as if the disturbance from all the Earth "wish's" would be too mundane a task,as if their harmonic/vibrancy is too much for our caveman like mentality?
These are just thoughts I have held onto all my adult life!

KRB
Old 02-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Knower
I personally believe angels and guides are real because I have been shown many times signs that I can't ignore.

From what I have been told, the wings are both more of a symbol and also sometimes just their aura or energy flaring out.
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon