Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 26-02-2012, 01:00 PM
loveincarnate

What is Spiritualism ?

I came here because the subject interests me from the understanding/pov that I have. But noticed that here Spiritualism is listed as a Religions &/or Faith ... so who can define [as far as members are concerned] what Spiritualism is ?
Old 26-02-2012, 01:08 PM
MMM

Spiritualism is a belief system or religion, postulating the belief that spirits of the dead residing in the spirit world have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. Anyone may receive spirit messages, but formal communication sessions are held by "mediums", who can then provide information about the afterlife.
Spiritualism is a recognized religion.
Old 27-02-2012, 02:17 AM
mac

This posting is as pointless as forests' others. I won't waste any time on it....

Reminds me of Jon Donnis...

Last edited by mac : 27-02-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 27-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveincarnate
I came here because the subject interests me from the understanding/pov that I have. But noticed that here Spiritualism is listed as a Religions &/or Faith ... so who can define [as far as members are concerned] what Spiritualism is ?

Spiritualism is a search , learning , to understand ownself , own need , own desire , own emotion ............this realization is spiritualism.
Thks
CSEe
Old 27-02-2012, 04:11 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Spiritualism is a search , learning , to understand ownself , own need , own desire , own emotion ............this realization is spiritualism.
Thks
CSEe

Like many others, you've confused 'spiritualism' (or 'spirituality') with Spiritualism. Follow this link:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26564&page=2

for the discussion of the definition (posting #1) which is shown below it.

"Spiritualism is an officially registered, legally recognised, religion in a number of countries. It's also been described as a philosophy and a science.

Adherents of its teachings and guidance will often refer to themselves as Spiritualists. Some will be regular members of a church or centre. Others will rarely, or never, be seen at one.

Spiritualism (or Modern Spiritualism to signify its most-recent appearance) asks no belief or faith. It teaches that we all survive physical death into continuing life elsewhere. Abundant evidence of that has been provided through mediumship for over a century.

A medium is someone who facilitates communication between those alive here in this dimension and others who are still alive but in the 'spirit' dimensions. Where evidence of identity is obtained by a medium - as for example from a deceased relative or friend - it may be termed evidential mediumship.

Other mediums have facilitated communications from spiritually-evolved teachers and guides. Their guidance has provided a framework of understanding about what happens after death. Teachings have been widely recorded in books and some were recorded electronically at the time they were given. "
Old 27-02-2012, 04:22 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveincarnate

see below....
Old 27-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Like many others, you've confused 'spiritualism' (or 'spirituality') with Spiritualism. Follow this link:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26564&page=2

for the discussion of the definition (posting #1) which is shown below it.

"Spiritualism is an officially registered, legally recognised, religion in a number of countries. It's also been described as a philosophy and a science.

Adherents of its teachings and guidance will often refer to themselves as Spiritualists. Some will be regular members of a church or centre. Others will rarely, or never, be seen at one.

Spiritualism (or Modern Spiritualism to signify its most-recent appearance) asks no belief or faith. It teaches that we all survive physical death into continuing life elsewhere. Abundant evidence of that has been provided through mediumship for over a century.

A medium is someone who facilitates communication between those alive here in this dimension and others who are still alive but in the 'spirit' dimensions. Where evidence of identity is obtained by a medium - as for example from a deceased relative or friend - it may be termed evidential mediumship.

Other mediums have facilitated communications from spiritually-evolved teachers and guides. Their guidance has provided a framework of understanding about what happens after death. Teachings have been widely recorded in books and some were recorded electronically at the time they were given. "

Yes you are right , my knowledge of this words is different from the actual meaning .
I had check it out from Goggle seems to be a religion or some kind of faith which is new to me .
Thanks for your informations , I will avoid using this word again .
CSEe
Old 27-02-2012, 01:37 PM
mac

Quote:
Yes you are right , my knowledge of this words is different from the actual meaning .
I had check it out from Goggle seems to be a religion or some kind of faith which is new to me .
Thanks for your informations , I will avoid using this word again .
CSEe

my pleasure - Glad I was able to help.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:02 AM
loveincarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Spiritualism is a belief system or religion, postulating the belief that spirits of the dead residing in the spirit world have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living.
I didnt know that.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:07 AM
loveincarnate

Quote:
Spiritualism is a search , learning , to understand ownself , own need , own desire , own emotion ............

I would call that "Psychology" which I do study.
I see it as the "study of the soul" (Greek "psyche" = "soul")
Understanding oneĀ“s self
comes through knowing the templates of human consciousness ... which is taught in Psychology.

I hade thought that "spiritualism" was the study of "spiritualist" aspects, I had no idea it is centred on communicating with the dead.
That reply surprised me.