Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 16-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Greenslade

Doesn't it feel better when you drop the shackles and the labels?
Old 20-04-2011, 02:38 AM
bill

Hi Crystalline_Lilly Question? Why is important to you to fit into a certain niche. we are all one with God, there is only one God, everyone might have a different name but there is only one God. We are all a part of this God, and there for have every thing we need spiritually. Sit and meditate on this and your answers will come to you. You do not need anyones approval, be who you are look deep inside....Blessings, Bill
Old 20-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Master
Don't call it anything, I don't have any labels for myself, I'm just what I am, whatever you label it, you then imprison yourself within that label.
Old 20-04-2011, 09:50 AM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Lilly
I have a question for anyone who understands I have been feeling like My faith is a mix of Catholicism and buddhist as well as spiritualism I dont know what this is called can any one help me out? I am also into metaphysics...

I've got a name for your faith

Self-Contradictorianity

lol

Seriously, I have no idea how you can mix catholicism with buddhism, I genuinely don't. lol. But, if that's what you can do then kudos, you're amazing to be able to do it.

I'm interested in Etymology so I'll try forming a new word just for you!

Catholic is a mixture of what you could know as Kata (about) and Holic (Whole). It means (about whole) and is simply applied to the roman church
Buddha means awakened. So we could call your new faith

Buddhakataholism lol
Old 24-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Knower
If it's a mix with no name call it a mix or name it yourself. (also, for those of you that say, "I was born with so and so religion," no one is born with a religion, your taught one)
Old 24-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Ascender
just a journey on an open road
Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 PM
JanG

I have enjoyed reading this thread, because I like the other poster, wondered where what I believe fits in to any particular belief/system/religion, and of course it doesn't. So why bother, it just gets a bit confusing, for me, when I look into beliefs say Taoism, Wicca etc, and think yes I can go with that bit. but not this bit. You just feel a bit scambled.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Jules

Hi Lilly,
Welcome to SF and pleased to meet you :)

i think during the journey to Enlightenment, you just go with whatever sits right with you - and more often than not you can take something from all religions n faiths. Instead of labelling yourself, just accept it's who you are. Learn to trust your inner self and you won't go far wrong. Just my two pennorth :) xx
Old 17-06-2011, 07:48 AM
AngelicOrin

I wholeheartedly agree with Jules.

Personally my "faith" has no label, I believe and take in different aspects from most faiths and Lilly, you do not need a label for yours. The Archangels, Gods, the Creator do not themselves do not have a faith, eg: Archangel Michael, is not Christian, he is in their faith, but he is also in the Jewish and Muslim faiths if I am not mistaken. All of the deities and Angels above us are there for us all, and we do not need a label to believe in them. :) I hope that made some sense.

So yes, you can believe in some aspects of Catholicism, and Buddhism, there is nothing wrong with that. :)
Old 15-07-2011, 09:52 AM
xounstaer

i like how i read that you dont need a lable. since i have been facing this problem to, where people push you to decide one faith.

it was on a christian forum and i had a discussion about the nicene creed. now i beleive a lot in jesus and i surely wouldnt have had the lif ei have without him. but by excepting a sinless sacrifise(well maybe not sineless) i feel wrong.

if anybody knows what to call a person who believes in jesus so much, but disagees with the crusifizion and what comes to look with that, i'd gladly hear some info.

for the rest i think that 'spiritual' suits well enough for me and says it all where it comes to mental things.,.. i am just wondering abnout christianity and believing in christ without taking a life on my conscience..