Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I really am finding these days that I do not agree with the Hindhu/Buddhist notion of I AM. That God is somehow pure awareness or consciousness and that is all.

To me, when the bible says God made Adam & Eve in His own image, He made them PEOPLE because He/She is Himself a Person.

To me God is a big Person. With a personality, character, wit, humour, mind, feelings, ego even!

Life is all about people!

God created people because THAT IS WHAT HE/SHE IS. To me even animals are small PEOPLE.

Honza - I have to say your post reminds me of Michelangelo Buonarroti's (1475 – 1564) The Creation of the Sun, the Moon and the Plants

http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/htm...s/08_3ce8.html

It depicts God in man-form. I think when I look at this painting it gives me a sense that God is someONE to which I can relate to and not just a form of energy in the cosmos.

Blackraven
Old 22-10-2011, 01:41 AM
mattie

Religous Tolerance

The view of the energies we call God as being I AM extends far beyond Hindu & Buddhist beliefs.

ALL have the right to hold whatever belief they want, including those who have different ones.
Religious tolerance is being about being just as respectful of others having different beliefs as we expect them to be of our chosen belief.
Old 27-10-2011, 04:20 AM
truther

God can be whatever God is. Human so be it. I am Catholic so personally speaking I believe God is our Heavenly Father (although genderless) and the Son (Jesus/masculine) and the Spirit (feminine qualities) in three Divine Persons. Your view may line up with that of Catholicism. This is where Judaism and Christianity do not correspond. However God did tell me via locution to remember that All Are Created Equal. So that was my religious status on facebook: all are equal The I AM THAT I AM thing is probably a statement that means many things such as I am the first and all that is or will be. And it can mean I AM "Me" take me as I AM. I ♥ God.
Old 27-10-2011, 05:01 AM
mattie

Genderless Father?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truther
God can be whatever God is. Human so be it. I am Catholic so personally speaking I believe God is our Heavenly Father (although genderless)

If you believe that God is genderless using a gender reference (Father- male) is contradictory. Creator is a gender neutral word. Would Heavenly Creator work?

Quote:
Your view may line up with that of Catholicism.

Aside from appreciating the rich, masterful artistry of the icons, artwork, & regalia I’m not coming w/ any areas where my view lines up w/ Catholicism.
Old 27-10-2011, 06:07 PM
truther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
If you believe that God is genderless using a gender reference (Father- male) is contradictory. Creator is a gender neutral word. Would Heavenly Creator work?

Aside from appreciating the rich, masterful artistry of the icons, artwork, & regalia I’m not coming w/ any areas where my view lines up w/ Catholicism.

I thought you said in a previous post that we are supposed to be "tolerant" so what happened now? I am not in the mood to talk with you over beliefs. Neither do I have to justify my beliefs to you. And why is it that you always contradict what I am saying in almost every post I say, whether it be in twin flames, dreams and now God.
Old 27-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I really am finding these days that I do not agree with the Hindhu/Buddhist notion of I AM. That God is somehow pure awareness or consciousness and that is all.

To me, when the bible says God made Adam & Eve in His own image, He made them PEOPLE because He/She is Himself a Person.

To me God is a big Person. With a personality, character, wit, humour, mind, feelings, ego even!

Life is all about people!

God created people because THAT IS WHAT HE/SHE IS. To me even animals are small PEOPLE.

genesis

"Then God said, “Let us make47
humankind48 in our image, after our likeness,49 so they may rule50 over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth,51 and over all the creatures that move52 on the earth.”""

**note: Im not speaking in personal terms, im speaking in monotheistic terms..

That verse right there, states that god isnt human, and cant be. We are a PART of god, only because we are made in its "image and after its likeness." According to the bible we didnt make god, god made us. So if anything god is part human, but is in no way A human. God is only as human as we are god itself, a tiny almost insignificant fraction of what god is.
Old 27-10-2011, 09:23 PM
mattie

Curious Mischaracterization Of My Replies

Quote:
I thought you said in a previous post that we are supposed to be "tolerant" so what happened now?

Being tolerant doesn’t mean that one is required to not discuss beliefs or have another POV.

Quote:
I am not in the mood to talk with you over beliefs.
You can talk about whatever you want when you want.

Quote:
Neither do I have to justify my beliefs to you.
Did I ask this? Nope.

Quote:
And why is it that you always contradict what I am saying in almost every post I say, whether it be in twin flames, dreams and now God.
You seem to be attempting to mischaracterize my posts as if I’m stalking you & trolling. I urge others to review the 2 other replies I’ve made to your posts to determine for their self if these were combative trolling posts. Should you come across any other replies to you I’ve missed, please post them as I have every confidence they will show I’ve been well within the site guidelines for appropriate communication.

In reviewing your 37 posts on your profile, it shows these 2 as being ones where I’ve replied to you.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...95916#poststop
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...95919#poststop
Old 27-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Closed for 24 hours 'cool down'

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Closed Thread