Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 10-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Master
Being Conscious Of God or Being God Himself

If one practices religion one is practicing being conscious OF God. One wants to live in Gods presence and be aware of Him.

Where does the line between being conscious OF God and actually becoming God oneself lie?

The more one is conscious OF God then the more one slowly comes to realise that He is NOT seperate. One comes to realise that oneself is God too.

I think that this may be a big step forward for religious people like Jews, Christians and Muslims.

They all practice consciousness of their God. That consciousness of their God will eventually lead to the realisation that they ARE their God. That the two are inseperable.

I have a strong consciousness of God. It is now becoming unavoidable for me to accept that I Am God myself. To what degree I am not sure. But God and I are becoming ONE.

Things which I used to believe were Gods will, are now becoming obvious that they are MY will too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
TeeHee

Congratulations Honza, in understanding the disciples prayer. "Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven." Perhaps go back to the beginning of the prayer is understand fully, "Hallowed be your name." Perhaps doing the will of God, as in the prayer will give you meaning in life, to accomplish the great feat of bringing about the Kingdom of Heaven to the earth.

One of the most difficult attributes of God to explain, because it is one of His essential attributes that isn't shared by man, is His holiness. Then there are the other attributes such as omnipresence, omniscience, omnipotence. Of course, truly knowing God in our lives will involve commitment to prayer, devotion, fellowship, and worship and obeying what we read in Scripture. But on to your point, in that we owe our being to the God in whose image we are made, inseparable yet tainted by sin. Whether we acknowledge God's existence or not, our existence depends on God.

Job

Canst thou by searching find out God?
Canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?
It is high as heaven;
What canst thou do?
Deeper than Sheol;
What canst thou know?
The measure thereof is longer than the earth,
And broader than the sea.
If he pass through, and shut up,
And call unto judgement, then who can hinder him?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Master
If you think about it, "I am God myself" cannot be.
Imagine God dreaming about 'me' and in that dream, 'me' comes to realize that the dream of me is God. Huh?
The dream is not God. I am not God. God IS, I am not.
I am something........whatever the dream is but I am not God.
Waking up is realizing this or at least has been for me.
Blessings, James
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
If you think about it, "I am God myself" cannot be.
Imagine God dreaming about 'me' and in that dream, 'me' comes to realize that the dream of me is God. Huh?
The dream is not God. I am not God. God IS, I am not.
I am something........whatever the dream is but I am not God.
Waking up is realizing this or at least has been for me.
Blessings, James

And that realization demonstrates a change of mind, or even to think about things such as when one now knows from the past condition of not knowing. That's a change of mind, but God never changes His mind, but rather acts consistently with His word.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Master
Well no not really. You are suggesting that there is a me and that this me had a change of mind. That could happen but this realization did not happen to me or come from my mind. It just happened and not to me.
It was not I who realized. It was life itself.
And yet here I stand, fully realized, there is nothing left to know and yet I am here facing life knowing only that which the realization revealed..........lol
No purpose, no reason..nothing but THIS and all of it's glory before what appears as me.
James
Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Well no not really. You are suggesting that there is a me and that this me had a change of mind. That could happen but this realization did not happen to me or come from my mind. It just happened and not to me.
It was not I who realized. It was life itself.
And yet here I stand, fully realized, there is nothing left to know and yet I am here facing life knowing only that which the realization revealed..........lol
No purpose, no reason..nothing but THIS and all of it's glory before what appears as me.
James

Gotcha, but by using the disciples prayer, the words "I" "Me" "Myself" are not used. Why do you suppose that is?

But I like what you said, as far as being vessels that “contain” God's glory. All the things we are able to do and to be find their source in God.
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Gotcha, but by using the disciples prayer, the words "I" "Me" "Myself" are not used. Why do you suppose that is?

But I like what you said, as far as being vessels that “contain” God's glory. All the things we are able to do and to be find their source in God.
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.

Thanks but it really doesn't matter what I think of what a verse in the bible says.
Right?
Correct me if I am wrong but your asking me of what I think of a bible verse causes me to believe that the verse and/or the book itself are important to you for finding answers.
I don't share that belief so in good conscious I cannot answer your question.
In fact what has been realized here that I have shared cannot be found anywhere. That would need someone to be looking.............
Old 31-10-2011, 06:42 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
If one practices religion one is practicing being conscious OF God. One wants to live in Gods presence and be aware of Him.

Where does the line between being conscious OF God and actually becoming God oneself lie?

The more one is conscious OF God then the more one slowly comes to realise that He is NOT seperate. One comes to realise that oneself is God too.

I think that this may be a big step forward for religious people like Jews, Christians and Muslims.

They all practice consciousness of their God. That consciousness of their God will eventually lead to the realisation that they ARE their God. That the two are inseperable.

I have a strong consciousness of God. It is now becoming unavoidable for me to accept that I Am God myself. To what degree I am not sure. But God and I are becoming ONE.

Things which I used to believe were Gods will, are now becoming obvious that they are MY will too.

Hi Honza,

I think it isn't that we 'become' God but we come to the realization that we are God. We are God, experiencing all that is. We are not separate creations so much as we are manifested so that the Source may experience Itself/ Him/Herself. A picture of what occurred might be something like this; the Source is alone in the universe and decides to experience the greatness of Itself. In order to experience that greatness, there must be an opposite because it is only through the contrast that either 'good' or 'bad' can be known. So in order to have that experience of knowing Itself, the Source manifested as humanity, in all our forms and personalities as well as all other forms of life and matter. If you follow this thought to its logical conclusion, it means that there is only One in the universe and He/It is us. And you are right in saying that your will, is God's will and God's will is yours.

However, having been in the Christian church for fifteen years, I think I can safely say that this belief is not going to fly with the Christians, and probably the Jews and Muslims wouldn't go for it either. Their 'practicing consciousness' of God is more along the lines of coming humbly into the presence of God and hopefully will lead to a sense of safety and security knowing that they've been 'saved' but is highly unlikely to result in them knowing they ARE their God. Smacks of blasphemy.

But having said all that, once that realization has come to you, don't you find that a certain calmness takes over your mind as the multiple contradictions that are part and parcel of organized religions, are finally laid to rest. Of course there are 'hard issues' even in this new understanding but it is more a case of our accepting what is, rather than trying to find ways to explain away the contradictions. At least that has been my experience.