Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 13-01-2016, 02:49 AM
Seeker
Hey Heaven. :) I just did a basic skim of what you were discussing and I wanted to recommend orange juice to you!

I think you were saying you struggle with needing energy in the morning, correct? Well, caffeine definitely is not the solution. If you're looking for immediate energy, not energy that will happen in a few hours and then ZAP you of energy later, drink ORANGE JUICE

Having vitamin c (really best from the fruit itself if you can) first thing will give you energy for the rest of the morning/afternoon. :) If you really like bubbles because of soda, you could always find a sugar free/low carb soda water/club soda and just mix that with the OJ!
Old 13-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Master
Thanks for your comment wisdomofthewilds!

Worth giving it a try!! :) I don't drink the original orange juice that you can buy at the supermarkets cause it has way too much sugar. But I can definitely try it.

Plus I just learned of a soda drink that instead of refined sugar is actually sweetened with Stevia leaf. So I'm thinking about it!!! Plus is caffeine free. Doesn't sound so bad!!
Old 14-06-2016, 03:23 AM
Seeker
I like swimming because it's easier on the achy breaky joints. I do some lifting with the weight machines and ride the stationary bike too. I'm trying to increase my activity level, but a car accident kind of derailed me the last couple of weeks. Nothing bad, but the bruises quite colorful.

Cat
Old 17-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Experiencer

I haven't read the thread so apologies if anyone else has suggested this. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred takes less than 30 minutes and is more effective than anything else I've tried, including hours at the gym. X
Old 15-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
I want to get tone and it seems like its taking me forever!!! I know I been slacking off lately, I only been to the gym like once a week and I know that's no good. Hopefully I can make it at least 3 times a week. I just don't know if that's enough for toning or if I need to workout more. Lately I been lifting more weights when I'm at the gym but I still not happy. I'm getting confused with should I do more cardio or more weight training to get tone?? I don't want to be super skinny. I just want to be tone. Since I stop eating meat, the only problem that I'm having is that I'm having cravings for sweet and I know that doesn't help with toning. Any advice I appreciated, so much information online, its confusing the heck out of me.

Best way to get toned as fast as possible is to exercise every single day. But also, diet is 80% of the work, exercise is the 20%
Old 15-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Master
what people call "toning" is just losing enough weight that you start to be able to see more of the definition of the muscles underneath. that said, it's important to exercise while losing weight in order to maintain muscle mass, otherwise you lose both fat and muscle.
Old 16-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
I want to get tone and it seems like its taking me forever!!! I know I been slacking off lately, I only been to the gym like once a week and I know that's no good. Hopefully I can make it at least 3 times a week. I just don't know if that's enough for toning or if I need to workout more. Lately I been lifting more weights when I'm at the gym but I still not happy. I'm getting confused with should I do more cardio or more weight training to get tone?? I don't want to be super skinny. I just want to be tone. Since I stop eating meat, the only problem that I'm having is that I'm having cravings for sweet and I know that doesn't help with toning. Any advice I appreciated, so much information online, its confusing the heck out of me.

I joined a gym about a month ago, and because I do things to the full, my routine is 5 days a week. Lucky for me I don't have too many commitments or a hard work schedule, so I have time without any pressure. I can't imagine trying to fit in training on top of full time work and family obligations, and hats off to those who do that. Incredible people!

I was going one day cardio, next day a basic full body workout, which is great to start with and I feel different. The body DEMANDS my change of diet, too, and now it's DEMANDING better sleeping patterns.

After a month on cardio and weights I felt a lot better, having become a blimp since I began my studies, 2 years at tech school and 18 months at university. Just sitting around with a computer, and sleeping odd hours as well, was totally ruining fitness, especially as I approach the age of 50, and I basically felt terrible.

Now I'm a tiny bit stronger, and I increase the speed and resistance of the cardio machines, but instead of increasing weights on the body strength workout, I took weight off and am now practicing a perfect technique with light weights, rather than lifting heavy.

So far I realised, technique is everything, so you have get the right motions. If you can afford personal training (PT) then do it, because they know exactly how to move properly. I can't afford PT because I don't have paid work, so I watch how the other blokes move, and check out the body building videos on you tube (Built by Science is great and explains so much about the body)

Because I'm now becoming more focused in the training, any one muscle group, like legs, core, back, chest and arms, take about an hour, so I can't do a complete body workout every time any more. Today I just worked on legs, but I had to spend a while getting my form right, especially with squats and lunges... and I dropped weight on the machines to work with slower more controlled more precise movement. Feels like a million bucks.

Anyway, the right form and the right diet is important... that's where I'm at.
Old 30-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Seeker
my exercise

I do not diet and digging crystals is my exercise.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Seeker
I use to love training, loved finding different ways to tone my body, but since I had meningoencephalitis and tick bite fever years ago, my muscles become extremely painful when I train. So I try to do other light exercising things at the gym.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Newbie ;)

I lost 50 lbs in 5 months maybe 6 give or take by lifting weights alone. My cardio became heavybag workouts. But you gotta realize its no quick way to do it. I became far more toned at a higher weight when I stopped supplements. You gotta eat right and give your body time to adjust. You can lose weight and still have a fat feel. Muscle is more dense than fat.