Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 09-04-2016, 12:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
Once heard they are seldom forgotten, and even if rebelled against they have a mysterious power of keeping in the man's mind, until at last, even against his first determination, he is forced to accept them. The appreciation of justice is common to all, and the exact justice of Karma appeals even to the person who is unfortunate enough to be undergoing heavy punishment: even if, ignoring justice, he does good in order to make good Karma, it is well, for he will be reborn under conditions that may favor the coming out of unselfish motive.

"Teach, preach, and practice this good law for the benefit of the world, even as all the Buddhas do."

while all you say sounds good, in my experience it fails on the basis that any attempt to avoid bad karma ultimately just creates a different kind of bad karma. So attempted avoidance of bad karma is not a path I would now tread. I have to live with the consequences for what I do, and that is that.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:53 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
while all you say sounds good, in my experience it fails on the basis that any attempt to avoid bad karma ultimately just creates a different kind of bad karma. So attempted avoidance of bad karma is not a path I would now tread. I have to live with the consequences for what I do, and that is that.

Karma means both actions and the fruits or results. Judge says that avoidance of the bad effects is not possible, but lessening that effect is possible by manifesting good actions. Those good karmic deeds or thoughts or words will set in motion new karma and meld with any past good karma to produce future goodness.

One of the Aphorisms on Karma says, in part: "(13) The effects [of negative karma] may be counteracted or mitigated by the thoughts and acts of oneself or of another..."
Old 26-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Judge says that avoidance of the bad effects is not possible, but lessening that effect is possible by manifesting good actions.
That is just one human being's very restrictive, extremely dogmatic interpretation. The soul is the lone judge in determining if and how its karma plays out. There are no set laws, Spirit cannot and does not force the soul to "face its bad effects." Again, the soul alone determines that for itself; which karmic responsibilities it will take up, and how it will face them.
Old 26-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Experiencer
No Baile, Mr Judge is just repeating what generations of Buddhists & Hindus teach. Since neither 'soul' nor 'spirit' has body, speech or mind, and those are the actors which create good or bad karma, therefore the fruit or effect of karma manifests through body, speech or mind. Avoidance of good or bad effects is not possible, for Karma is the law.
Old 28-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
No Baile, Mr Judge is just repeating what generations of Buddhists & Hindus teach. Since neither 'soul' nor 'spirit' has body, speech or mind, and those are the actors which create good or bad karma, therefore the fruit or effect of karma manifests through body, speech or mind. Avoidance of good or bad effects is not possible, for Karma is the law.
As I said, it's a restrictive view, whatever the source. It is nothing other than one particular understanding, from one particular POV and consciousness perspective. That which you stated is a religious interpretation (Buddhists & Hindus, as you said). The spiritual-occult understanding, the one I shared, is from another, less dogmatic, non-religious wisdom perspective.

Is there cause and effect? Yes. Is the soul bound by its karma? No. The soul chooses which karmic responsibilities it deems necessary and worthwhile to its continued growth and evolution, and which karmic ties it can simply discard and let go.

I'll tell you what the difference is; it is a universal truth relevant to any discussion highlighting the difference between religious belief and esoteric understanding. Religion views the human being and soul as subservient to Spirit, under the strict guidance and direction and control of a "God" and/or Spirit laws. Whereas esoteric understanding views the human being and soul as its own source of guidance and direction. The soul is in complete control of its evolution and takes full and conscious responsibility for its karma. It is never bound by so-called "God's will" or by any of the strict and inflexible Spirit laws and soul-hurdles the various religions have invented and would have us believe.
Old 28-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Experiencer
Nice speculations Baile; what (other than your own opinion) is your source for these 'esoteric' views? Considering that neither Buddhism nor Jainism have a 'God' and are both non-theistic, you might wish to investigate their view of Karma.
Old 28-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Nice speculations Baile; what (other than your own opinion) is your source for these 'esoteric' views? Considering that neither Buddhism nor Jainism have a 'God' and are both non-theistic, you might wish to investigate their view of Karma.
God as in Christianity, that's why I included that comment. As with all religions, Christianity is bound by irreducible beliefs and tenets, as are Buddhism and Hinduism. Christianity asserts God (as opposed to the spiritual laws of cause and effect), is in charge and in control of the soul's destiny. Pisces Age religions identify the source of control as external (God; immutable spiritual laws). Aquarius Age wisdom identifies the source of control as inner and personal (the Self; self-regulating karma). So one's understanding on this subject depends on whether they are approaching the question from a Pisces Age religious perspective, or an Aquarius Age consciousness perspective.
Old 28-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Experiencer
Still not giving the source of these notions...?
Old 13-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Master
Theosophy UK "The Mahatma letters" https://youtu.be/aAg0ZQFQhNc

I believe the British Museum holds many of these letters, supposedly from Ascended masters that were sent, precipitated or found in strange places. I've read some of them and you can hear the intelligence. Not that I hold to them being sent by the the Brothers. The ink has some very strange qualities supposedly. No doubt they've been "debunked" too but what hasn't..a good watch.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 13-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Experiencer
The Masters were not 'ascended' but physical men who were seen and met by others besides Blavatsky.
The odd features of their letters, like the impressed ink, are mentioned in:

Barborka, Geoffrey A. The Mahatmas and Their Letters.