Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 22-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Ascender

same cards keep coming up in multiple readings

If I ask similar questions about the same thing. I received the ten of cups in 3 readings, twice it was the outcome and once it was the situation as it really is beyond appearances. I want to know what this card means, particularly in a love reading.
I also received the 7 of cups, once it was about what is happening now and once at the outcome and it was up side down. What does this card mean and what is the meaning of it being up side down as the outcome?
I did other readings for myself, which did show me things, but I didn't know what the cards meant at the time. I'm still learning to read them, thanks!

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 22-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Depends how you word the questions, with the cards being a non dual tool, a card with a positive image could indicate it means the exact opposite. It's not out of the ordinary to get a ten of cups when your not treating yourself well, it is reminding or giving you the message you need to love, nurture and find happiness within ( spiritually). Again, its all how the question is worded or where the energy is.

7 of cups to me is thinking about all possibilities, anything is possible, head stuck in the clouds, indecisive. Reversed, closer to clarity on what you want, or descion made. End of dream/illusion
Old 22-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Cups: Spirit content, spiritual content, the ghost of the essence of the topic. 7: Relations, realtionships, connectivity between beings. 10: The outside appearance, the public appearance oe publicity of the topic. Upside down: Reverted. Opposing. Alltogether: The person "considered" has relations or a relationship, spirited, spritual or in spirit with an "opponent", another person. (7 upside down, cups). He/she is occupied with that other person. And considering the "read" person, has a public appearance. The considered relationship is considered for predominantly public purpose, not for intimacy between loving and devoted beings.
Old 22-07-2017, 07:25 PM
55Degrees

I agree with Clover.
The cards don't have one singular meaning, they work in context to the question and the surrounding cards.

Reversed cards however are more tricky, they can be the opposite of the upright meaning. They can also be a weakening or intensifying of the upright meaning or in its early or late stage of being.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Depends how you word the questions, with the cards being a non dual tool, a card with a positive image could indicate it means the exact opposite. It's not out of the ordinary to get a ten of cups when your not treating yourself well, it is reminding or giving you the message you need to love, nurture and find happiness within ( spiritually). Again, its all how the question is worded or where the energy is.

7 of cups to me is thinking about all possibilities, anything is possible, head stuck in the clouds, indecisive. Reversed, closer to clarity on what you want, or descion made. End of dream/illusion

I noticed that in the book I have, sometimes the meaning will be negative, but the card will look positive or visa versa. But I'm not sure the meanings are always related to me all the time, it probably depends on the question.
Funny though cause I have been concentrating really hard on taking better care of myself and my kids for a little while.
How do I know if the meaning I need is positive or negative? I can try reading them purely on intuition, but what got me wanting to know the meanings is that I had stuff come up...
Like I did a reading on what would happen over the next 2 months with my love life and I did a 13 card reading (goddess deck) and 7 or 8 of the cards had moons on them. I didn't know at the time, but I found out that the moon means secrets, and that made total sense. Sometimes the messages come to me in synchronistic ways.. like I was watching a video with someone that reads tarot and she started talking about the moon and the meanings... that was 2 days after I did that reading. I didn't know she was going to talk about the moon in that video. I also got 2 or 3 mermaids in that reading, so I do things like google meanings of mermaids.
Sometimes I word the questions vaguely like what is going to happen over the next few months in this or that area, some might be more specific, like what should I do in regards to this relationship or something that happened. I don't know if I should be asking in specific timelines, but not using a timeline seems to vague to me. My energy is mostly trusting in the universe, but I had cards come up that make me feel like there is something to this, so I keep asking questions to try to improve. I tend to ask what's on my mind because I feel like that's probably what will come out anyway.

I do get stories out of the surrounding cards, they mostly feel positive, sometimes I'll get a negative card and it is definitely showing me something. Around the time that I got the 7 or 8 moons, I got the manipulation card. The readings with the 10 of cups felt positive. The cards seemed positive, def showing me stuff though.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"