Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #391  
Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Being Being is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 808
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scommstech
I quite agree. My brother, now sadly gone was schizophrenic. He was plagued with "voices" and only managed to have some sort of life due to the "dampening" medication he took daily.
Many cases of schizophrenia can be controlled by medication but I have never seen or heard of any genuine cases of schizophrenia being completely cured by medication alone. Even lobotomy, which was considered the last resort and practiced at the hospital that I worked at appeared to have limited success.
There have been cases of people using social drugs that have triggered off schizophrenia and after kicking the habit the schizophrenia has disappeared but I would not really class them as having a genuine schizophrenia problem.

It is a very complex picture with what comes under mental health, the psychoses & schizophrenia.

i'm diagnosed with schizophrenia, & went through a very severe case of it all.

It seems to be individual in ways concerning etiology & prognosis, & there is still a lot within certain areas to know, But in regards to far more humane & compassionate treatment of people suffering mental health difficulties, i do feel that far far more could be done to help people in kind & practical ways.
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Scommstech Scommstech is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 24
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
It is a very complex picture with what comes under mental health, the psychoses & schizophrenia.

i'm diagnosed with schizophrenia, & went through a very severe case of it all.

It seems to be individual in ways concerning etiology & prognosis, & there is still a lot within certain areas to know, But in regards to far more humane & compassionate treatment of people suffering mental health difficulties, i do feel that far far more could be done to help people in kind & practical ways.

The problem is that doctors are taught how to treat disease with little understanding as to the cause of disease. The medical profession is strongly influenced by the drug company's who make billions from sales.
They would never endorse a treatment that was free if it meant a loss of profit for them. That is the real reason that the medical profession is encouraged to shy away from non standard treatments. They can even go as far as to ridicule a treatment if it poses a threat to their system. Unfortunately it would probably also void a doctors medical insurance if they prescribed non standard treatments.
In time a more constructive approach will emerge that puts fact before fiction.
Always think positive, it is one of the best treatment that you can have.
All the best
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Being Being is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 808
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scommstech
The problem is that doctors are taught how to treat disease with little understanding as to the cause of disease. The medical profession is strongly influenced by the drug company's who make billions from sales.
They would never endorse a treatment that was free if it meant a loss of profit for them. That is the real reason that the medical profession is encouraged to shy away from non standard treatments. They can even go as far as to ridicule a treatment if it poses a threat to their system. Unfortunately it would probably also void a doctors medical insurance if they prescribed non standard treatments.
In time a more constructive approach will emerge that puts fact before fiction.
Always think positive, it is one of the best treatment that you can have.
All the best

A quarter of the UK population suffer some form of mental health difficulty at some point in their lives. 20% of the UK is diagnosed with a mental illness & is on permanently prescribed psychiatric drugs, & 50% of the country are on one or more permanently prescribed pharmaceutical drug for either / & general & mental ill health. 10% of them / the UK also suffers some form of dual diagnosis (addiction with co-morbid mental illness), Not to mention the 'separate' staggering levels of alcoholism & addiction. It's at epidemic levels. In the USA it's even worse, 40% of them are diagnosed as mentally ill & on psychiatric drugs - a total of 80% of their population is on one or more permanently prescribed pharmaceutical drug for either / & general & mental ill health.

These figures are set to massively increase. It's all incredibly good for the profits of drug companies (over 100 Billion pounds a year) & medical professionals, But is all this really sane, balanced, healthy & 'normal'?

i find it a shocking state of affairs.
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Scommstech Scommstech is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 24
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
A quarter of the UK population suffer some form of mental health difficulty at some point in their lives. 20% of the UK is diagnosed with a mental illness & is on permanently prescribed psychiatric drugs, & 50% of the country are on one or more permanently prescribed pharmaceutical drug for either / & general & mental ill health. 10% of them / the UK also suffers some form of dual diagnosis (addiction with co-morbid mental illness), Not to mention the 'separate' staggering levels of alcoholism & addiction. It's at epidemic levels. In the USA it's even worse, 40% of them are diagnosed as mentally ill & on psychiatric drugs - a total of 80% of their population is on one or more permanently prescribed pharmaceutical drug for either / & general & mental ill health.

These figures are set to massively increase. It's all incredibly good for the profits of drug companies (over 100 Billion pounds a year) & medical professionals, But is all this really sane, balanced, healthy & 'normal'?

i find it a shocking state of affairs.
In the late 50's when I doing my RMN training a psychiatrist said that for men 1 in 10 would have mental problems at sometime in their lives. I seems far worse today.
It is a sad fact that few drugs have no side effects and a cocktail of drugs prescribed or social probably introduce further complications. I still firmly believe that medical science is on the wrong tack. The non drug but "mental" understanding of disease including mental problems is in my opinion the only way forward.
Be positive, firm, and confident. You do have the inbuilt fortitude to overcome these sort of challenges, it is part of our core design.
Regards
Harry
Regards
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums